It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans Don't Hate Immigrants

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I'm sure a lot of people outside of the US think we are a bunch of fear mongering haters over here.

That is totally not the case.
I'd actually say the opposite. We love immigrants.

We love immigrants that come here to make America a better place.
We love immigrants that embrace our way of life and not try to change it to the horrific places they came from.

We don't love the ones that want to drag our country down. The people that want to
just use and abuse our system.

If you are coming here and want to go right on welfare/foodstamps/ect. That is not the kind of Immigrant anyone wants.
Heck, we don't even want our own people like that.

It is not racist to say we don't people that can't even make it in their own failing countries. Does a basketball team want the worst players,
of course not, they want the best. Why should our country be any different.

So to all those reading numerous ATS political posts. Please do not think America is made up of a bunch of racists. Sure there are some.
I'm an Asian woman, I know racism. I think there are actually very few true hardcore racists here.
I had a friend visit from another country, first time. I asked him what he thought of America. He has been a world traveler.
He said he thinks it would be easier to become an American than any other country. I agree.

edit on 16-7-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I'm sure a lot of people outside of the US think we are a bunch of fear mongering haters over here. That is totally not the case. I'd actually say the opposite. We love immigrants. We love immigrants that come here to make America a better place. We love immigrants that embrace our way of life and not try to change it to the horrific places they came from. We don't love the ones that want to drag our country down. The people that want to just use and abuse our system.

nicely done!

edit on 16/7/2019 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

edit on 16/7/2019 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   

NOTICE: AboveTopSecret.com management is now enforcing new standards for the opening posts of threads.

Opening posts that contain minimal content, links with little or no explanation, YouTube videos with no commentary, images with little or no commentary, and similar nominal content may be removed without warning or explanation. If your topic is important to you, make sure you explain why, with links and supporting material so that our members may offer more relevant contributions, and ultimately, better threads. In fact, if you have less to say than this simple notice, then you probably do not have enough to start a new thread. Thank you for your assistance in helping to create great threads on ATS.

When you click this form-field, this message will disappear.

I disagree.

did it go off while you were cleaning it again?

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I have no clue what happened, I was typing and that popped up twice!

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I like to ask myself and others what makes someone else more or less American than us?

Different culture, ideology, opinions, looks... What is it?

If the idea is to make everything better and back to where it once was, than we all need to embrace individuality, liberty, pursuit of happiness, and above all, a strong skepticism for those who run the show. This nation was born a rebel to establishment seeking to self govern. We have sense lost some of those basic principles and are now a nation where the status quo is admired. *This is the proper way to live life*, and you see that idea from all kinds of ideology. There is a certain way many profess is the end all be all... And if you don't do that, you're not American.

I'm a white southern straight male, and ironically enough, both sides have said I'm not American... One side calling me a bigot for not following them, and the other calling me unpatriotic because I won't drink from their kool aid.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

both sides have said I'm not American...

they say that because you are texican
they can take you out of texas
they cant take the texas out of you

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Truer words have never been spoken.

I still conduct myself like a Texan. Everyone is ma'am or sir, and I'm polite until someone gives me a reason to be otherwise (though respect is earned and not to be confused with politeness). I shoot things straight without sugar coating (unless a lady asks me how her new haircut looks and I don't like it, lol). Being kind will get you a long ways, but kindness should not be confused with weakness.

But that's my choice, and while I know I come from superior cloth (joke), I still love to talk with people from different places who offer different culture, cuisine, ideas, ect. At the end of the day variety is the spice of life, and we see that we are all more similar than we are different.

Little side note, Texas is rich in diversity. I think people mistake that people conduct themselves in a similar way there for lack of cultural richness. I remember whole immigrant communities there. You could leave a Czech town and drive and hour to a German one, than another hour to a more Latino one. But the common trend in Texas, you do you as long as it doesn't effect me.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I hold no grudge against immigrants that entered the US illegally.

The thing is they broke the law and law and order must not be ignored.

If they entered the US legally hell I might invite them to supper .

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   

To me it is an ideology.

We accept many different cultures/opinions and looks.

What is un-American is when a certain group/culture rejects that and wants their culture over the
sum of all the other American cultures.

For example. If you don't eat Pork, that is ok. Don't eat pork. Just don't expect all schools to stop serving Pork. To me that is un-American.

To me, to be American is, hey I don't eat Pork but I eat... tofu, so try this dish that we eat, you might like it.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   

But the common trend in Texas, you do you as long as it doesn't effect me.

That's exactly what I'm saying!

link   

How can we expect people to respect our country and laws as a citizen if they don’t respect our country and laws as an immigrant?

link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I still conduct myself like a Texan. Everyone is ma'am or sir, and I'm polite until someone gives me a reason to be otherwise (though respect is earned and not to be confused with politeness). I shoot things straight without sugar coating (unless a lady asks me how her new haircut looks and I don't like it, lol). Being kind will get you a long ways, but kindness should not be confused with weakness.

But that's my choice, and while I know I come from superior cloth (joke), I still love to talk with people from different places who offer different culture, cuisine, ideas, ect. At the end of the day variety is the spice of life, and we see that we are all more similar than we are different.

Little side note, Texas is rich in diversity. I think people mistake that people conduct themselves in a similar way there for lack of cultural richness. I remember whole immigrant communities there. You could leave a Czech town and drive and hour to a German one, than another hour to a more Latino one. But the common trend in Texas, you do you as long as it doesn't effect me.

that's raycist.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I like to ask myself and others what makes someone else more or less American than us?

Ketchup.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Don't hate anyone, even if they hate you.

Everyone has a life path to follow, so if immigrants (legal / illegal) enter your back-yard, then they are on your turf for a reason.

Look at it as a test: do you hate them or give them a chance in life.

Remember, the spirit realm monitors us all for our reactions to other people - especially the less fortunate like illegal immigrants who might very well be trying to make a living just to survive.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   

What is un-American is when a certain group/culture rejects that and wants their culture over the sum of all the other American cultures.

Most certainly.

The most unpalatable thing for me is when someone tries to push their ways onto me. In my adult life, this has cause great strain with me and some of my family members. What's ironic is I love exploring all different schools of thought, ideologies, culture ect.... Until someone tells me that is "the only way", that's typically when I say something along the lines of hold my beer.

Usually I can understand where someone is coming from right up until they want to spread it at all costs.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

that's raycist.

I've already gotten every badge in that category

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I'm sure a lot of people outside of the US think we are a bunch of fear mongering haters over here.

That is totally not the case.
I'd actually say the opposite. We love immigrants.

We love immigrants that come here to make America a better place.
We love immigrants that embrace our way of life and not try to change it to the horrific places they came from.

We don't love the ones that want to drag our country down. The people that want to
just use and abuse our system.

If you are coming here and want to go right on welfare/foodstamps/ect. That is not the kind of Immigrant anyone wants.
Heck, we don't even want our own people like that.

It is not racist to say we don't people that can't even make it in their own failing countries. Does a basketball team want the worst players,
of course not, they want the best. Why should our country be any different.

So to all those reading numerous ATS political posts. Please do not think America is made up of a bunch of racists. Sure there are some.
I'm an Asian woman, I know racism. I think there are actually very few true hardcore racists here.
I had a friend visit from another country, first time. I asked him what he thought of America. He has been a world traveler.
He said he thinks it would be easier to become an American than any other country. I agree.

I'm not pro-mass immigration by any means (and I'm certainly not against selective controlled immigration), but the United States as a modern nation today sees its roots going back to foreign European settlers and imperial agents landing, foreign slaves being shipped in and general riff raff coming in from historical Europe. Then the riff raff and European settlers wished to revolt and sever the umbilical cord of the British "Empire" blah blah blah and so on and so forth.

Nobody is supporting mass immigration, but Yanks should STFU and stop saying rubbish like "go back to where you came from".

Only we Brits who have been in the UK since 1066 A.D. have the right to say "go back to where you came from" to pesky foreigners.

P.S. Trump added "if you don't like our country", which is indeed permitted. You are only allowed to say "go back to where you came from" if you add "if you don't like our country" on the end.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rapha
Don't hate anyone, even if they hate you.

Everyone has a life path to follow, so if immigrants (legal / illegal) enter your back-yard, then they are on your turf for a reason.

Look at it as a test: do you hate them or give them a chance in life.

Remember, the spirit realm monitors us all for our reactions to other people - especially the less fortunate like illegal immigrants who might very well be trying to make a living just to survive.

I don't hate anyone, but i'm not silly either.
There are plenty of less fortunate people in America. If we allow others to take advantage of us, we are hurting our own citizens. Yes everyone has a right to live and survive, INCLUDING Americans!

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Usually I can understand where someone is coming from right up until they want to spread it at all costs.

I've just about had it with those Mormon guys. I hate to be rude but....they need to go back to where they came from.
edit on 16-7-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Remember that some are trying to blur the line between lawful and unlawful immigration, if not to slander their opponents as anti-immigrant, then to numb the cognitive dissonance they must face when unwilling to make the distinction between the two.

They also try to blur the lines between illegals who go through points of entry, through security, and those who scurry across the border unnoticed and through dangerous environments.

We should not play their silly mind games and remember these distinctions.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join