It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump, shutting up IS an option.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Found another video....

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: BuckyWunderlick
We should reiterate the fact that Trump never said “go back from where you came from” and remember to dispel that fake news every time someone pretends it is true.

Actually, yes he did, and that is the only part of the tweets I didn't like...

Only if you remove a vast majority of the quote and remove it from it’s context. So, no, he didn’t.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   

We should reiterate the fact that Trump never said “go back from where you came from” and remember to dispel that fake news every time someone pretends it is true.

Actually, yes he did, and that is the only part of the tweets I didn't like...

Not how I heard it.

Very very different intent, but if you insist, others will also.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   

" "We should reiterate the fact that Trump never said “go back from where you came from” and remember to dispel that fake news every time someone pretends it is true." "

"Actually, yes he did, and that is the only part of the tweets I didn't like..."

Only if you remove a vast majority of the quote and remove it from it’s context. So, no, he didn’t.

Ok, so, had to go dig up the originals, and am glad to admit I was wrong. I know I saw some quotes that convinced me, guess they were highly edited - I'll be more careful next time.

So, the only thing about this series of tweets I don't exactly like is that he insinuated that all 4 of them were not born here, when only 1 was born outside the US, and a naturalized citizen (Omar).

But, that can be forgiven, given the radical US hate rhetoric that comes from all of their mouths...

So, thanks for making me go fact check myself.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   

" "We should reiterate the fact that Trump never said “go back from where you came from” and remember to dispel that fake news every time someone pretends it is true." "

"Actually, yes he did, and that is the only part of the tweets I didn't like..."

Ok, so, had to go dig up the originals, and am glad to admit I was wrong. I know I saw some quotes that convinced me, guess they were highly edited - I'll be more careful next time.

So, the only thing about this series of tweets I don't exactly like is that he insinuated that all 4 of them were not born here, when only 1 was born outside the US, and a naturalized citizen (Omar).

But, that can be forgiven, given the radical US hate rhetoric that comes from all of their mouths...

So, thanks for making me go fact check myself.

You’re a good man.

We should be weary of this technique not only because it is fallacious, but because it arouses hatred. It was a common technique of Nazi propagandists.

Contextomy refers to the selective excerpting of words from their original linguistic context in a way that distorts the source's intended meaning, a practice commonly referred to as "quoting out of context". The problem here is not the removal of a quote from its original context per se (as all quotes are), but to the quoter's decision to exclude from the excerpt certain nearby phrases or sentences (which become "context" by virtue of the exclusion) that serve to clarify the intentions behind the selected words. Comparing this practice to surgical excision, journalist Milton Mayer coined the term "contextomy" to describe its use by Julius Streicher, editor of the infamous Nazi broadsheet Der Stürmer in Weimar-era Germany. To arouse anti-semitic sentiments among the weekly's working class Christian readership, Streicher regularly published truncated quotations from Talmudic texts that, in their shortened form, appear to advocate greed, slavery, and ritualistic murder.[3] Although rarely employed to this malicious extreme, contextomy is a common method of misrepresentation in contemporary mass media, and studies have demonstrated that the effects of this misrepresentation can linger even after the audience is exposed to the original, in context, quote.[4][5]

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Wtf has trump done for his country? Oh yea not pay taxes and draft dodging. Tell me how much of a merican he is when he couldn't fight for his country because his poor feeties hurt....

On top of that what makes you think american citizens have to leave their country just because they don't like how it is currently being run and want to change things. Remind me again oh mighty real merican, how the founding fathers hated airing your grievence with the government and political dissent in general.

Were you born this stupid or were you dropped on your head as a child?

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jg513
Wtf has trump done for his country?

A hell of a lot more in just the last 2+ years than an armchair monkey like you will ever do in your entire lifetime.

Oh yea not pay taxes

Really? That is hilarious, seeing as the first tax return that Rachel Madcow made such a big deal about finding over a year ago showed he paid a hell of a lot of taxes.

Does it hurt when you make such a huge fool of yourself?

and draft dodging. Tell me how much of a merican he is when he couldn't fight for his country because his poor feeties hurt....

As for avoiding the ridiculous bankers war in Vietnam, I'd have done whatever it took to legally avoid going too, so I don't hold that against him.

On top of that what makes you think american citizens have to leave their country just because they don't like how it is currently being run and want to change things.

that isn't what he said, and that isn't what those 4 despicable PoS congress critters are saying about America every day.

But good try.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

yeh I would agree, maybe trump should learn to pick his fights, is there any need for him to reply to these celebrities ?

thing is Donald probably knows them all personally , maybe that's why he feels compelled to reply in this fashion.

Yeh I think keeping his mouth shut sometimes would work out well for him , it works for nearly everyone else
because if you dont say anything then its all on the other person dragging your name through the mud .

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

One thing I've never really understood about the draft dodging claims in general and patriotism in war

So , as an American is it your constitutional right to be able to refuse a draft ?
because you can exercise your own personal freedom of choice right ?

Why then do Americans get pissed at draft dodgers when they are being exemplary Americans by upholding their constitutional rights ?

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: tanstaafl

One thing I've never really understood about the draft dodging claims in general and patriotism in war

So , as an American is it your constitutional right to be able to refuse a draft ?
because you can exercise your own personal freedom of choice right ?

Why then do Americans get pissed at draft dodgers when they are being exemplary Americans by upholding their constitutional rights ?

Well, for one, the irony in those calling him a daft dodgers are they themselves have never served.

Priceless.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   
To make a short story long, ill-hen Omar should never have been allowed in this country in the first place.

She lied to get here. She married her own brother to get him here.

She clearly hates America, and has ties to orgs like CAIR and others, who break US laws and advocate doing so, for the sake of making us all muslim.

And she hasn't paid her taxes, even though she has run for congress. and still owes money to the government, while earning multiples of the average US taxpayer.

Democrats act like, once they got her a citizenship card, that it's a get out of jail free card, and cannot be revoked. When she wants to do away with the blessings of citizenship, by giving it to anybody else who can sneak into the USA.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

You can't refuse to register for it, but you can refuse to step forward and take the oath (most people don't know that).

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I love hearing from him. It's refreshing having someone tell the truth for once and not worry about feelings. Feelings can be exploted for agenda, which is what the Democrats are versed in. Emotional illusions.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

If the Left shut the hell up, Trump wouldn't need to bite back...lol

But then again, if the left was to stop screaming helplessly at the sky, making idiotic claims that a 5th grader would find illogical, trying to put fart catchers on every cow on the planet, build chairs to stop men from spreading their legs, claim Love is Love, raise abortion age limit to 21 (OK, that one is a little exaggerated), Call Jewish people NAZIS, call all white people racists (which must include themselves), call conservatives racists (including those of color), hold tree funerals in cleared forest plantations, feed dogs nothing but vegetables until the animal dies then go to a restaurant and pour blood on patrons to protest animal cruelty, contradict everything they just said in the last sentence, beat the crap out of some old guy and say it was self defense because his words were being used as a weapon....

Oh God, I could fill a whole book the size of LOTR with the crazy stuff leftists do...

If they were to stop all their batS#@t Crazy antics, the Conservative camp would stop getting new people cross over from the centrists and some of the more intelligent lefties that realize that the Democrats have become too crazy even for them..!!

I guess we should be thankful that the left cant help themselves, the more crazy they act, the more they seal a future of Republican, conservative governments. Trump will get 2020 and I hope that by the 2024 - 2028 elections, Candace Owens will run and become the sexiest and most intelligent POTUS ever to grace the Whitehouse.
edit on 19-7-2019 by Ironclad1964 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join