It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump, shutting up IS an option.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   
With so much time devoted to dispelling lies and defending against the juvenile "never Trump" campaign, that seems to not realize that they lost and Trump is in fact president, there hasn't been time for the criticism that comes along with being in the public eye. I voted for him, and largely, I am very happy with the results so far. He has stuck to his campaign promises, he doesn't seem to be swayed by all the negativity, at least the constructive part.

But, the non constructive part is bothering me, and has for some time. The twitter wars with insignificant people is idiotic. Arguing with Rosie O'Donnell, or Cher is ludicrous. They don't matter, their opinions matter less then they do. But when they are engaged with the president, they are given legitimacy. Their over the top stupid, becomes something others try to emulate.

Now there are the 4 horse faces of the Apocalypse, running their mouths over wanting to destroy America and make into a beautiful Venezuela, and tearing apart the Democratic party in the process. That last part is key here. If the "right" would leave the "left" alone with all this, the implosion would either happen, or the "squad" of turd scrubbers would fade away into the giant bathroom of time. Both options are acceptable. But, antagonizing them, giving them fuel, or that same legitimacy I spoke of earlier, is stupid. It's pointless and might actually help them, and hurt the nation.

So while President Trump does some good things, he does some stupid things too, and this one, really needs to stop. tweet after thought, not the reverse.

And as always, Orange man bad.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Trump turned the GOP party upside down. Now he is turning the Dem party upside down.

+23 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
With so much time devoted to dispelling lies and defending against the juvenile "never Trump" campaign, that seems to not realize that they lost and Trump is in fact president, there hasn't been time for the criticism that comes along with being in the public eye. I voted for him, and largely, I am very happy with the results so far. He has stuck to his campaign promises, he doesn't seem to be swayed by all the negativity, at least the constructive part.

But, the non constructive part is bothering me, and has for some time. The twitter wars with insignificant people is idiotic. Arguing with Rosie O'Donnell, or Cher is ludicrous. They don't matter, their opinions matter less then they do. But when they are engaged with the president, they are given legitimacy. Their over the top stupid, becomes something others try to emulate.

Now there are the 4 horse faces of the Apocalypse, running their mouths over wanting to destroy America and make into a beautiful Venezuela, and tearing apart the Democratic party in the process. That last part is key here. If the "right" would leave the "left" alone with all this, the implosion would either happen, or the "squad" of turd scrubbers would fade away into the giant bathroom of time. Both options are acceptable. But, antagonizing them, giving them fuel, or that same legitimacy I spoke of earlier, is stupid. It's pointless and might actually help them, and hurt the nation.

So while President Trump does some good things, he does some stupid things too, and this one, really needs to stop. tweet after thought, not the reverse.

And as always, Orange man bad.

I respectfully disagree. A big problem with the Republicans has been they have been spineless and never stood up for themselves. They allowed leftist to call them racist and everything else. Republican politicians never just grew a pair and called them out for their constant attacks and faulty claims.

Trump hits back doubly hard. He also doesn't allow the left to control the narrative.

I think many are seeing just how crazy some of these leftist really are as they are exposing their hypocrisy daily.

+14 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

The twitter wars with insignificant people is idiotic.

I disagree.
I think he has used twitter to sidestep the msm to get HIS message out. I think he is the first politician to do such. He lets everyone know what he thinks when he thinks it. While it is not always to his benefit, he does not have to call a press conference or ask for an interview or for tv time. I think it is genius.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I think the problem is, if he shuts his mouth, the corrupt, evil and unethical media will say he agrees with it - whatever the fake narrative they're pushing on him, and the brainwashed will buy it.

He might see this as a way of defending himself, I don't know. It is stupid, I agree, but I'd rather believe he knows what he is doing.

If not, then I'd just silence him on Twitter, lol.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I agree with the twitter aspect of communication. I like that he cut the press out of the loop. My bitch is when he argues with stupid nobodies.

And with his current war with AOC and her squad of screechers, he is offering an outlet for those who would otherwise say something about them, to complaining about him, which never goes out of style.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I feel this is really important actually.

The internet exposed us to the stupidity that normally is relegated to the "village idiot." But now, those derpies can band together. Coupled with the true difficulty in not responding to things we vehemently disagree with.. We pretty much legitimize the derp by making it front and center.

Seeing a post or statement that we are a bit ambivalent about, followed by one we strongly disagree with, and Ill bet on the latter getting the vast majority of the attention. Every time.

This is especially egregious when bolstered by institutionalized religious zealotry that is so very en vogue nowadays.

I think the part that amazes me the most is the amount of self-identified "fence sitters" that genuinely believe they are above it all.. while they clearly are not. I think thats the most dangerous part of modern propaganda: programming folks to think they are immune because they can recognize outdated methods.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I lean towards disagreeing as well.
Without Trumps tweets the world would have missed out on just how CRAZY the 'progressive' branch of the left has become.
We would never have seen this gem from yesterday.

Let Trump keep stirring the pot and watch the $hit float to the top.

Its one of the reasons I voted for him.

#Trump2020

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   

My bitch is when he argues with stupid nobodies.

With Trump that is baked in. He has gotten better than he was during his campaign, but I don't think it will ever go away. It seems EVERYONE follows his twitter so whatever he posts we hear about. I bet he has more followers than msnbc has viewers.
62 million followers!
1.6 million viewers for msnbc in prime time.
no wonder the msm hates him
he singlehandedly shut them out
edit on 16/7/2019 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Solid...s&f

I see trump so intimidated by women, that he has no control but to respond with foolish BS. The GOP is scared of trump but mocks him for his silly impulsiveness. He clearly has "women" issues. Insulting all the women leaders in Europe.

www.axios.com...
edit on 16-7-2019 by olaru12 because: oralje....

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

and by this time, "raycist", only means you disagree. It's old connotation that it had to do with skin color, is officially dead.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I never thought of it like that, I just lumped those he argues in as "people", but the majority of those I can recall are women. Maybe he has PTSD from being slapped in Jr. High.

Damn women should be in the kitchen anyhow.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Perhaps because the dnc is and has been run by women since hillary won the nom?
hillary
nancy
warren
"the squad"

bet none of them make a decent sammich?

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I did not vote for Trump (nor did I vote for Hillery). I am not a fan of Trump (even before he was POTUS), never have been and never will be. I will admit that some of what he is doing is right on. Some of what he is doing is what he said he would do, no matter if I agree with them or not, he IS doing what he said. That alone makes him different than most other politicians.

I am nearly lost on what to call myself politically. I am a registered Democrat in one of the most conservative states there is. I believe in states rights and the 2nd amendment. I also believe that people should be allowed to love whomever they wish (among many other "liberal" ideals). What I CAN'T wrap my head around is just how far left it seems the "new" Democrats want to take things. I mean, I'm not a huge fan of Pelosi (there are worse people on both sides of the isle) but when they make her seem like the voice of reason, it raises serious questions for me. I don't like extremism on either side.

This spat between the 4 women and Trump is not good for anyone. I agree with you about Trump's tweeting habit. I could probably get behind him (at least support him more) if he would stop the nastiness. I don't like the fact that he feels the need to tear people down who disagree with him. Just disagree with them and move on with what you said you were going to do. I suppose that's the showman in him though. I don't necessarily disagree with his sentiment he was trying to portray. I also don't think it came from a point of racism.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Thanks for the video.....ROTFLMAO!!!!

link   
3 of 4 congresswomen he said should go back to their countries and fix them where born in the U.S. that is what I have a problem with.

My friend, born and raised in the U.S. is getting more and more dirty looks when she goes out in public. It's BS that she has to go through that. How many people here have to justify to jackass people they don't know that they belong in this country.

Don't treat fellow Americans like they don't belong here. How freaking simple is that? Even blacks are getting better treatment now than Hispanics.

If the president of the United States doesn't care enough to speak of the issue deep enough to separate illegal aliens from Americans of Hispanic descent, then I don't care enough to give him the benefit of the doubt on not being a racist, elitist dumbass.

link   

As I said in another thread, it didn't offend me, it was just miscalculated, asking for unneeded criticism, and it didn't even really make sense IMO (I understand what he was trying to say, but as I pointed out, if someone told him to go to Germany to fix it first, it would be equally as stupid).

Policy wise, there are certainly some things that I disagree with, but nothing that makes me think impeachment should be on the table. However, if he could just refine himself, he will be remembered a lot better. I get the whole "as long as they do their job" thing, but even in professional lives, we know people who are great at their jobs, but they're assholes. Some people don't understand that you can be good at your job, and not be abrasive. Plus, the flip side is, after a while people get used to people who are rash, desensitized.

"OMG, did you hear what Richard just said"

"Who cares, the dude is a prick"

But when you're calculated and put down your hair, people take notice, and it has more effect.

At the end of the day, I doubt much will change. And to be honest, it doesn't really effect me.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: HummaKavula

Nice post!
I think there a lot more of you than people realize.

What I CAN'T wrap my head around is just how far left it seems the "new" Democrats want to take things. I mean, I'm not a huge fan of Pelosi (there are worse people on both sides of the isle) but when they make her seem like the voice of reason, it raises serious questions for me. I don't like extremism on either side.

Very well stated!

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: HummaKavula

LOL, without going into other positions, you and I sound a lot alike politically. And I consider myself a republican.
But these days, it's pick a side or die. So I must hate you at least for a while.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Strate8
My friend, born and raised in the U.S. is getting more and more dirty looks when she goes out in public. It's BS that she has to go through that. How many people here have to justify to jackass people they don't know that they belong in this country.

Several Mexican people that I know, who jumped through the hoops to get here legally are Trump's biggest fans. They just obtained citizenship last year and can't wait to vote for him.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join