It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Veganism being Politicized.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

You're being a little too defensive in your replies, I think this is what annoys people about vegans.

Shady studies yes, on both sides, it's not that I disagree with much you've said, it's like politics, both sides of the fence are back and forth with mostly bull#, agendas everywhere! I don't care what folk eat, I eat what is right for me, but I do NOT believe in pushing agendas from any side trying to change guidelines telling me what I should eat ... # off with that #! (not implying you here)

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I use vegan, soyboy in a disparaging manner.

I use it in political statements primarily.

I use it to insult, deride, tease and coax. It usually elicits a response.

Yeah, I admit it.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I would like to point out there is certainly a place for meat alternatives. As long as they're presented as alternatives or choices, rather than crammed down people's throats. I actually eat meat, dairy AND soy. IMO, soy is good stuff but I'm not going to stop eating meat. I eat tofu either every day or every other day. Love the stuff. I drink soy milk often as well. But I also eat about 3 pounds of beef a week.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Who gives a flying **** what someone eats,problem is Vegans have to draw attention to themselves and somehow justify their existance,stay out of others buisness less trouble and don't make fun of food they eat

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: frenchfries

Had to quit the video when I said Paul Joseph Watson. He and others on infowars put out the nonsense that veganism is new world order agenda and spam videos and articles with half-as$ed research.

You say 'half-as$ed research', but I ask, have you done any research? Because it seems to me that you skipped right past my comment providing evidence of just this very thing.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

Well, that commented was directed at infowars and the couple videos ive seen of watson and team. However, even if some elites plan to use veganism as a method of control, it's a plan doomed to fail.

Vegans are a very small percentage. Even if some government officials are pushing certain things that limit cattle, meat industries will fight back hard.

Even if you believe veganism is trying to be hijacked by certain elites for agenda 21, it still does not condemn veganism as a whole. Most vgans aren't becoming vegan because some elite said we gotta becareful of cow farts.

I did say 'half as$ed' research because the videos condemning veganism as a environmental and health hazard by infowars are based on weak and biased studies that have been debunked 1000 times.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

Well, i think factory farming should have attention drawn to it. Without drawing attention to things, we lose the open ability to communicate.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

How is it crammed down your throat? You probably encounter persistent jehovah witnesses more than you encounter acticist vegans in real life.

I doubt very few vegans would walk up to you and say how you should be forced to become vegan. Im not in any vegan communitys, but i would think that spreading awareness of how animals are treated is the main message of activists. Not condemning or forcing individuals.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: valiant

Maybe a little defensive.
. I agree on not pushing guidelines. People should choose what they want to do. However i don't consider videos about factory farming tofture and ad-gag laws as pushing agendas. It's just creating an arguement for individuals to make a more informed decision, like anything else.

However, what's annoying is that people believe vegans (1% or less) of the population have a chance or whole desire to force individuals to stop eating meat.

That's just click-baity nonsense pushed by psuedo journalists paul watson and friends.

*Not saying you, but rather in general *

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   

It's the way in which they are used, especially by certain youtubers, who then follow up with a psychotic rant foaming at the mouth about how evil people are, that # does more to turn people against veganism than anything.

A well explained and put together video showing people how this crap does go on though and asking people to think before they buy that stuff, or try to change it, would go a lot further than the typical Vegan scare and hate videos that you see. I do not know one meat eater who agrees with factory farming either, it repulses us as much as it does you guys honestly! I agree with those videos.

Agreed in the click baity nonsense, for your size you guys do have some star power/influence behind you and some big companies who are seeing profits to be made by pushing vegan burgers etc (guarantee they don't give a # about animal welfare, they see a bigger profit margin whilst getting brownie points for pushing the 'it's healthier and better for the environment' line) but nothing like what is touted, I agree.

I do not listen to idiots like Paul Watson, agenda pushers and grifters, the lot of them.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Okay
. I'm not sure how healthy the meat-like vegan burgers are. I believe the impossible burger (possibly the best meat-like one i tried) uses GMO yeast or something like that. Alot of the other meat-like vegan products use soy-protein isolate whhich is often heavily processed and Genetically Modified.

I rather just make my own or buy a local farmer's veggie burger. But i think the meat-like vegan food is more for transitioning vegans or vegetarians.

You're right that companies usually just care about profits. However, meat and diary highly outrank veggie companies in $$$ for marketing. Marketing which includes pseudo studies.

I think the impossible burger company is fairly honest though. They said they are not aiming to build a healthy nutritional burger, but rather something that tastes like high-quality meat.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   

If an alternative was found to be healthy and not full of rubbish, didn't cost twice as much as a regular burger (don't tax meat to bring costs closer) and most importantly, tasted good with a full amino acid profile i'd probably be eating them myself, along with regular burgers of course, imitation is still imitation after all. I honestly do not eat vegetables though, I just don't like them, never have, bar a handful.

Choice is great though, that's good for everyone!

You just answered a question I was thinking of there, about who these things will target mostly, because I don't see many long term vegans craving a 'bloody' burger, I thought that was strange when I first heard about them honestly.

Yeah, I don't doubt that at all, I just don't want #ty information and propaganda from anyone, everything has to be a battle nowadays, everyone has an agenda to push, I just want sound information and facts so I can make up my own mind, not be part of a cult shouting down opposing sides because I'm too dumb to think for myself and swallow all the sauce they give me.

#, I just described ATS ...

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Well taste is really subjective, but there are cheap organic healthy quinoa and bean burgers that contain full amino acids. However, it's not going to be anything like meat

Totally agree with your last paragraph. Politics and news has gotten increasingly duelistic and people are fooled into believing they need to choose a side.

You don't gotta be vegan to help fight animal cruelty either. Hunting and true ethical farming that doesn't torture animals helps alot. Before I became vegan I would buy organic or local Farm Dairy and meat. It became expensive and or time consuming to find ethical products. Especially when terms like cage-free simply mean they're not in individual cages but can still be crammed packed into a barn.

The extreme vegans only seem to hurt the cause by going after anyone who eats meat rather than practical Solutions and activism.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I'm 99% sure Paul Joseph Watson coined the term to describe the pathetic emasculated cucks walking around disavowing all essence of masculinity.

The soy part is because the increased use of soy is a partial contributor to the huge drop in testosterone in men.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

How is it crammed down your throat? You probably encounter persistent jehovah witnesses more than you encounter acticist vegans in real life.

Well, I've encountered you, haven't I?

I doubt very few vegans would walk up to you and say how you should be forced to become vegan. Im not in any vegan communitys, but i would think that spreading awareness of how animals are treated is the main message of activists. Not condemning or forcing individuals.

So once everyone is aware of it and they still don't GAF and tell you to get lost, you're just going to shut up and leave them alone, right?

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Wow what a low grade response. You gave enough to respond to this thread only to say some dumb shiat. Go somewhere else your wasting your time.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: JonInMichigan

Watson is click bait alt-right BS. But enjoy if u like that type of nonsense. BTW i know plenty of vegans who could out bench watson. He is a simpleton who calls ppl cucks and soyboys yet probably never worked out in his life. Ridiculous.

edit on 18-7-2019 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

There are no jokes about omnivorous people's diets. However....

A Vegan, a Crossfitter and an Atheist walk into a bar. How did I know this? They all told me within 5 minutes.

But what about that one Vegan Crossfitter Atheist they walked in to meet with?

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

That person needs to die.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Nyiah

That person needs to die.

Doubly so if they're a Vegan Crossfitter Atheist Environmentalist.
edit on 7/18/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join