It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese ambassador doesn’t understand PC culture, calls it how he sees it, gets called racist

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

I couldn’t count the nonsequiturs in your post there are so many

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
Ilhan Omar
Rahida Tlaib
Ayanna Pressley
Kamala Harris

They are ALL RACIST

They are all about race and how they can use it against someone.
It comes out in their words and deeds.
And all they do is constantly complain how everyone else is racist.

Even Liz Warren, she thinks she is Native American Indian.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
Is it racist to say that black dudes dominate the NBA?

No

How about that black dudes dominate crime statistics?

It can be, if you deny that black people are often targeted and generally receive stiffer penalties, compared to white people. It's not racist to state statistics. But, it is racist to ignore the part of those statistics that you willingly ignore due to trying to validate your own beliefs in targeting another race. I'm not saying that is what YOU specifically are doing with that second one. It may just have been overlooking the facts of the situation, or just plain ignorance.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacinto34

No

It can be, if you deny that black people are often targeted and generally receive stiffer penalties, compared to white people. It's not racist to state statistics. But, it is racist to ignore the part of those statistics that you willingly ignore due to trying to validate your own beliefs in targeting another race. I'm not saying that is what YOU specifically are doing with that second one. It may just have been overlooking the facts of the situation, or just plain ignorance.

IDK what statistics you are using for your "penalties" or sentences but there is often a very good reason for someone getting harsher penalties than another who committed the same crime. This is usually due to prior arrests/convictions. I've often seen the opposite happen, with whites getting much harsher penalties than blacks or latino's - but I'm not really talking about white collar crimes here, but violent crimes, robbery, rape, murder, assault, etc and often it was the person's first arrest.

I think one would have to be dishonest if they didn't recognize that the justice system has been making excuses for a certain section of the populace and they outright blame it on race/racism, poverty, etc but when the real numbers and stats are analyzed, not just what is spewed by the leftists, they always fail to hold up under scrutiny.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 11:08 PM
link   

No

Unless your suggesting that harsher penalties increase criminality I don’t see how your statement is valid to this discussion.
I’m not denying or supporting the premise that the justice system is inherently racist as some suggest but the reason there are more black people incarcerated is because they commit more crimes, it would be interesting to see some stats on the difference between punishments when the only difference is race, is a 1st time white offender getting a more lenient sentence than a first time black offender for the same crime in the same state?

I would be genuinely interested in reading a thread that supports your premise though, injustices and institutional racism should always be brought to light and exposed when they exist

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Penalties have little effect on crime, if harsh penalties were a deterrent, the U.S. would not have the amount of people in prison it does. But hey, prisons are big business.

I would have to agree with jacinto34, people of colour are sentenced harsher. I think it can be shown historically, institutional rascism!
Also might be factors such as legal representation, legal aid vs a paid attorney, for instance.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

I read about a 19% longer sentence for comparable crimes and circumstance.

It would take a lot of work to verify all the possible factors though.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

No

Wait, so a crime is committed, and the police are sent to catch the crooks.. They're white.. Ohh they get off with a warning.. is that that you're saying?

Or that Joe Bloggs is walking down the street in the hood, yo.. and the po po comes a lookin', see's ol' joe.. nabs him for grand larceny, rape, murder in the first degree and loitering?

you want to explain just how your version works?? violence begets violence... let the punishment fit the crime, in my book.

edit on 17-7-2019 by gallop because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join