It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do people live without air conditioning

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Global warming anyone?

Geez.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I live in Pittsburgh, PA. A little warmer than Wisconsin in the summer. I have air conditioning, but it is not always running. You can get used to anything when you have to, when there is no other option. For some reason I don't like the feeling of air conditioning in my car. Even when it is 90 F I do not put it on. I sweat a lot, but it really doesn't feel that bad anymore.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I visited my buddy in Florida when I was a kid. I'm from Michigan and he didn't have any air conditioning. It was brutal to say the least.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
I visited my buddy in Florida when I was a kid. I'm from Michigan and he didn't have any air conditioning. It was brutal to say the least.

Understatement of the century there. When I was a kid in FL, the A/C at my best friend's house died, and it got to almost 120* inside. With the fans going, north windows opened & used for intake, and the south ones used as exhaust fan spots. It was unbearable, they ended up staying with relatives for a few weeks until fixing the A/C was afforded.

My grandmother's A/C was a finicky one in her apartment, and she used to just not bother telling the office at all. She'd go for days before neighbors noticed the shared walls were warmer than they should be.
My husband went to her place once to help her with something, and he said it was 115* in there with the same cooling measures taken as mentioned above. She didn't seem bothered by it, and kept well hydrated, but come on. That's hot even for the proverbially perpetually freezing cold elderly.

No A/C in Florida for a respite is ungodly.

Edit: After the trifecta of hurricanes in 2004, I was without electricity for 2 weeks in the dog days of summer, it SUCKED. I definitely cracked 100* inside and stayed there, my highest reading was 108* one day around dinner time. OMFG, that was a brutal couple of weeks.
edit on 7/19/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I think I can live without an A/C as long as there's a fan in front of me.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I live in Central Florida. I grew up in an old house with no central air or heat. So when it was hot windows were open, even at night. We had fans and it wasn’t too bad. Now that I’m 40 and have had ac my adult life I would die whgjjt air conditioning here. It’s too hot and humid! It gets unpleasant quick!

My bf lives in The Netherlands, he has no ac. He complains a lot about the heat over there lately. Extreme heat and definitely not use to it. I’m grateful I have AC and because of it people are safe lol

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join