It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big tech indenture entire populations into servitude to corps & gov – Snowden

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   
www.rt.com...

“We see that governments increasingly care less and less about compliance, and care more and more about power

The law simply has not caught up to the fact that a technological corporation now can indenture entire populations into servitude to the corporate good, rather than to individual or public good"

While what he warns is so true, it's already obvious so why bother? Unless like hes controlled opposition like most of the source/content available nowadays

Most if not all people are inseparable from their iPhone/Android, FBing, and Google. It's hard to get anything done without being subscribed to them.
When I joined here, I couldn't use an email and password, I had to sign up through a social network.

most apps require either itunes or a google account to do pretty much anything. And at least Google is an Alphabet (Fed?) corp.

It's like he's saying we're screwed - but be optimistic. I'd go off the grid too but then how will I access alt media?

Godspeed, all.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Corporations , not just tech , have always "indentured" a portion of folks.
It is now a matter of being able to reach around the globe and folks being more gullible and easier swayed.
People fall for any ruse now to be "popular"

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: letni
Snowden is now a Russian so whatever he says has to be taken with a grain of salt. In fact, coming from RT, you can dismiss everything he says.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
a reply to: letni
Snowden is now a Russian so whatever he says has to be taken with a grain of salt. In fact, coming from RT, you can dismiss everything he says.

Snowden was born in the US, so no, and you can't just write off what someone says through whichever broadcaster covers the story, this argument got bored years ago so give it up already.

Additionally, what kind of democracy is it when they jail whistle blowers?

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Snowden is famous because he broke his security oath. There's nothing special or insightful about what he says. If he weren't famous he'd be just another guy complaining about his own country.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   
What he says is good and fine but China won't be swayed by his words. Wouldn't we just fall behind to what the Chinese are already doing at a more massive scale? Would people still love him if he put us in danger by betraying his Country? We are just lucky POS like him are far and in between.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Lol...not even close buddy.
He busted out the super spytech stuff the gov has been stealing tax dollars to use against us with.

Could you glow more?

top topics

join