It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monty Python ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 06:11 AM
link   
There have been a lot of new comedies bought out over the past ten years-cheers, friends, continuation of the simpsons and most recently little britain. but i feel that none can quite beat the greatness of monty python. wether this is an argument or just a way to find other people who agree with me i will leave up to you. let me know what ya think on the subject.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I prefer Red Dwarf....british comedy, of course....., scifi and humor, what mroe would I need?

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   
well at least its british but i am still staying with monty python

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
As a series, Python was ok but I prefer the films they made - Holy Grail, Life of Brian etc.

Now 'Blackadder' was excellent. Personally I'd like to see a 'Blackadder II' film - I much prefer that to Bean, although 'Johnny English' was a pretty funny pee take of Bond.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Yeah, Python skits could be either really funny, or just plain stupid....

Now 'Blackadder' was excellent. Personally I'd like to see a 'Blackadder II' film - I much prefer that to Bean, although 'Johnny English' was a pretty funny pee take of Bond.

Fully agreed, Blackadder rules, especially II... "Baldric!....I have a cunning plan!"

As Bean, I thought Atkins was an idiot, until I saw his genius in Blackadder... Anyone who hasn't seen it is really missing something....

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Oh, and when he played the blackaddar with the queen (and beard) that was the first time Rowan had EVER looked attractive. But his More-demented-than-PeeWee-Herman-looks are his trademark, so he'll never look cute. *sigh*

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Just shut up about Blackadder, that's not what this thread is about! Don't have a private chat amongst yourselves...geeze!

Anyway Jeff, the Pythons were one of the first to bring laughter into my life, and many other peoples, they were unique and showed the World the meaning of life!

As Charlie Chaplin once said, "A day without laughter is a day wasted."

I've never lived a day without watching the Pythons in action since I first saw them, and I take my hat off to them! All three!!!

Monty Python
Monty Python
Monty Python
Monty Python
Monty Python

[edit on 15-3-2005 by Wendellion]

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I was always partial to the schizophrania of The Young Ones. You never knew where the hell they were going to take the next scene.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
The Holy Grail though, has to one of the funniest movies of all time...

"You killed the Bride's father!"
"Well....I didn't mean to!"
"Didn't mean to? You put your sword through his head!"
"Oh...I'm terribly sorry...you see...."

"He must be a King"
"How do you know?"
"He hasn't got # all over him"

"A spanking, a spanking!"
"Well, perhaps I could stay a bit longer..."

"None shall pass!"

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
yes montey python was great. a friend of mine was even able to quote a lot of the lines from search for the holy grail even without ever seeing it (he dosn't want to see it either l:shk

other good comady similer in some ways is royal canadian air farce.
mr bean was ok, black adder was good. also worth a note is a lot of the old cheech and chong stuff.

the whole "skit" comady idea seems to work rather well some of it is great whereas some is just garrbage. i would guess that it isthe viewers mind set that controlls what ones you like/dislike. just as some liked the 3 stooges where others only saw stupidity.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
As a series, Python was ok but I prefer the films they made - Holy Grail, Life of Brian etc.

Sacreligious speak! C'mon, how can you compete with this?

Or this?

Or this?

top topics

join