It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Network of underground tunnels in American Southwest

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   
The speed isn't an issue at all to whomever said that.

233m/s is half the speed of a bullet.

With a rail long enough and a high powered Linear Induction Motor (LIM) could do it if given enough length and power. It's essentially a rail gun. The Navys net Jet Launch EMALS is a good example and it's not new technology.. rollercoasters have been using them for 25 years.

The tunneling isn't an issue either.

The issue would be, digging those tunnels would require alot.of man power... Alot of witnesses too to refine them. It would also cause quite a disturbance.

Definitely doable, just improbable as it would be a hard secret to keep.

Then again... We already know most major cities have tunnels, and most military bases have extensive tunnel systems.. it would just be connecting them.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

If I'm not mistaken, that picture is a picture of a TBM used in the USAF's MX Missile program back in the 80's.

The idea was to move ICBM's around by rail, both above ground on conventional rail as well as below ground at selected locations. This, so it would be much more difficult for enemies to target them.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
First off why would anyone say this is impossible? They built a super collider here in Texas (midlothian?) years ago and abandoned it. Denver airport has the massive underground system and the military entrance near a mountain miles away. They use different contractors for phases, so none of the little people know the full lay out.
Secondly, black op guys don’t go around flapping their lips to outsiders on classified stuff. What a dumb way to lose all your security clearance. I’m not calling you a liar but I’m guessing they were grunts changing light bulbs and taking out the trash in one of our many not so super secret tunnels. Although I’m sure parts of the system and knowing the full layout is ATS.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

The 233m/s number was calculated incorrectly. The quote from the other thread was 14,000mph which converts to 6,258m/s. This is absurd and not possible.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Yeah,. the government has been building bunkers and tunnels for many decades, they were doing this when I was a kid. I heard part of a conversation from a friend of my parents about how he worked making tunnels and underground complexes for the government down in the south. He made really good money. That was in the sixties, but he had been working there for many years before that.

The government did not give up on these, if anything, they accelerated the creation of them over time. That person I talked about has been dead for many years now, I hope he got some retirement benefits. I read that after the cold war ended the development of these complexes slowed, but more technicology was being added to the complexes. I haven't been keeping up whether they are increasing or decreasing the tunnel production over the last five years. They had a lot of miles of tunnels and bunkers built already, I would think they would not need anymore because the vast majority of Americans would never be allowed to use them if they needed them anyway.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   
36 43'31.47 n 116 19'41.44 w

Where the tunnel boring machine in the picture did it's work.

Not too far from Yucca Mountain either

edit on 15-7-2019 by mikell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Remember the MX missile system from Reagan? ICBMS that roll around underground on train tracks? There's one possibility anyway.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Whenever I see one of these stories I am instantly dubious. One has to ask themselves why anyone would ever do this??

Underground bunkers are one thing, but underground cities and hundreds/thousands of miles of tunnels makes no sense. First of all, just the sheer cost alone to build something like this is not even measurable. Secondly, the sheer number of people and material it would require to construct it, and support it, would be such that it would be an impossible secret to keep. Too many people would know. And lastly, who would it benefit? There's only so many elites and politicians. If the idea was to preserve the human race from some catastrophic event like a nuclear Armageddon, then what good is it if no one knows it's there, or where to go? You certainly won't be able to tell the masses after such an event, so unless they know about it beforehand what good does it serve?

First, why would you assume the "masses" would be welcome?
Years ago before I joined ATS there was a thread on hee by an electrician who said she was hired to work in a tunnel complex in Nev. It was either near Reno or Vegas can't remember.
She said they all had badges that allowed them to come and go only in the areas they needed to work, they signed non disclosure papers. They had some tunneling equipment that created miles of tunnel per day with larger rooms and was followed by trucks that sprayed the walls and floors with an instant set concrete type material she had never seen before, they then installed in many wider rooms that were built huge black tanks.
She would then come in with her crew and they ran massive electrical lines through that section.
They were not allowed to speak to anyone working on other projects in the tunnels and they could not speak of their work among themselves outside the tunnels.
They did have rail systems and roadways. She claimed they came all the way from Canada and she thought maybe they had begun to store water for droughts. The thread was closed suddenly and that was the last I heard about that.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Here you go, been doing this forever.

In Guatemala, 800 kilometres worth of tunnels have been mapped underneath the Mayan pyramid complex at Tikal. Researchers have suggested that this may provide an explanation for how half a million Mayans escaped the decimation of their culture.

www.ancient-origins.net...

Another thought

We know that every 200 million years on Earth is a global disaster with the disappearance of up to 80 percent of the fauna and flora, and the last is on the border of the Eocene was just 30 million years ago with the fall of the next asteroid.
Smaller breaches of life on Earth in the form of small asteroids falling and associated earthquakes, tsunami, volcanic eruptions, floods surge and were 100, 41 and 21 thousand years.
Perhaps the ancient civilizations knew about these cycles and wishing to avoid their effects, and created throughout the world network of tunnels and underground structures, hidden in them to be independent in their activities from occurring on the surface.

survincity.com...
edit on 15-7-2019 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Local tunnels around a specific location I'll grant you that but over distances? Naah. Think on this one. America is criss crossed by fault lines, any tunnel going near these is doomed before it starts. Now look at all the fault lines and tell me how long any tunnel could be. Oh, I almost forgot the volcanoes, Mount St Helens, Yellowstone, gotta keep well away from those.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Where did all of the spoil go ?. The channel tunnel is only 31 miles long, and that created a huge amount of dirt.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Jackfish28

These kinds of things got a better response 20 years ago when the internet was relatively new and people were more gullible. Now it just looks childish and everyone laughs at you because they know you're just playing out your own little self-important fantasies. Don't embarrass yourself. It's not the 90s anymore.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Local tunnels around a specific location I'll grant you that but over distances? Naah. Think on this one. America is criss crossed by fault lines, any tunnel going near these is doomed before it starts. Now look at all the fault lines and tell me how long any tunnel could be. Oh, I almost forgot the volcanoes, Mount St Helens, Yellowstone, gotta keep well away from those.

Seems the tunnels would have collapsed only when a major fault dislocated and that would be a small area to repair.

The tunnel industry has considered that tunnels, especially tunnels in rock, are naturally resistant to earthquake action, including faulting, shaking, deflection and ground failure. As the number of case histories of tunnels subject to earthquake action has increased, the industry has started to recognize that, although tunnels in rock have good resistance against earthquakes generating peak ground accelerations (PGA) lower than 0.5 g, it is important to include the dynamic forces and displacements generated by seismic ground motions in the design process to obtain a more reliable design.

www.sciencedirect.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Now it just looks childish and everyone laughs at you because they know you're just playing out your own little self-important fantasies. Don't embarrass yourself. It's not the 90s anymore.

Maybe you should speak for yourself and not the entire population of ATS. There are many people who know if secrets exist it is because fools laugh when information is leaked and so they keep an open mind!

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

The 233m/s number was calculated incorrectly. The quote from the other thread was 14,000mph which converts to 6,258m/s. This is absurd and not possible.

Still going to disagree with you there boss..

In a vaccuum chamber using a rail gun type system, those speeds are definitely achievable.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

Now it just looks childish and everyone laughs at you because they know you're just playing out your own little self-important fantasies. Don't embarrass yourself. It's not the 90s anymore.

Maybe you should speak for yourself and not the entire population of ATS. There are many people who know if secrets exist it is because fools laugh when information is leaked and so they keep an open mind!

I don't claim to speak for all of ATS. There are plenty of gullible people here who will believe you. There's people here who still believe Mike Brown had his hands up and Trump is an agent of Putin.

As for secrets, nothing was leaked here. You made some baseless claims so you can feel important, that's all.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   

In a vaccuum chamber using a rail gun type system, those speeds are definitely achievable.

Except there is no underground vacuum chamber rail gun network.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

14000 miles in 3600 seconds is just less than 4 miles per second.... Which still is impossible on rail I'd think. So yeah, NVM.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I don't claim to speak for all of ATS. There are plenty of gullible people here who will believe you.

Believe me? I guess you just don't know what discussion is or investigating an idea and considering all angles of a question.

You made some baseless claims so you can feel important, that's all.

I made zero claims what you sniffing?

What is it with people that they get their nose all out of joint because People discuss the possibility of an underground tunnel system?
Take it personal? Certainly attack people personally! Does it cause you'all fear? Sheesh!

edit on 15-7-2019 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: maxey
Where did all of the spoil go ?. The channel tunnel is only 31 miles long, and that created a huge amount of dirt.

Interesting thought, the same as the massive underground ancient underground city 13 stories had no dirt or rock piles anywhere.
The modern day places like this one I guess they truck it away.

Dug into the Bethany Falls limestone mine, SubTropolis is, in places, 160 feet (49 m) beneath the surface. It has a grid of 16 ft (4.9 m) high, 40 ft (12 m) wide tunnels separated by 25 ft (7.6 m) square limestone pillars created by the room and pillar method of hard rock mining. The complex contains almost 7 miles (11 km) of illuminated, paved roads and several miles of railroad track. Currently, more than 6,000,000 square feet (560,000 m2) is occupied and 8,000,000 square feet (740,000 m2) are available for future expansion.

en.wikipedia.org...

Here take a look at some of these

Since starting operation in 1905, the El Teniente mine south of Santiago, Chile, has only continued its expansion. Located in the in the Andes mountain range, the world's largest copper mine continues its growth by digging ever deeper to extend its productive life. Overall, the mine has nearly 2,000 miles of underground tunnels and almost 1,000 miles of underground roads.

www.popularmechanics.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join