It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gang rape gets "Islamic" blessing

page: 1,
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 06:10 AM
link   

150 "Islamic Cowards" ignored this woman cry for mercy.

"Five men sentenced to death in a high-profile gang-rape case in the Pakistani province of Punjab have been acquitted on appeal.
Judges in Lahore said there was insufficient evidence. A sixth man had his sentence commuted to life in jail.

A Pakistani tribal council allegedly ordered the rape of Mukhtar Mai in February 2002 as punishment for a rape falsely attributed to her brother.

The case shocked rights groups in Pakistan and overseas.

'Justice done'

The two judges of the Multan bench of the Lahore High Court criticised faulty procedures in the police investigation of the alleged rape.

A total of 14 men originally stood trial in a special anti-terrorism court in Dera Ghazi Khan in August 2002 but only six of them were convicted - four alleged rapists and two panchayat (tribal council) members.

Defence lawyer Mohammad Salim said: "Justice has been done. The verdict of the anti-terrorism court in August 2002 was largely influenced by media hype and government pressure."

Ms Mai broke down on hearing the appeal verdict.

"I will go to appeal. I will go anywhere, wherever is necessary... to get my right," she told the Reuters news agency.

Human rights lawyer, Hina Jilani, said there should have been a retrial.

"It was much more desirable to ensure that justice is done to the victim and the impunity that prevails in the country with regard to how gang rape cases are dealt with," she said.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Every woman on this planet should be screaming for "jihad" against Islam. This is just one more example of the "Religion of Peace".

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Of course what i'm going to say, you already know.

The fact of the matter is, Islam does not have a central focus, like the Vatican.

Therefore Mis-interpretations of the Koran are always going to occur, they are always bad apples. This is hardly a case for attacking Islam as a religion.

But of course, you knew all that and still posted right?

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   
how horrible.................it is such a shame that women are still treated lower than livestock..............even lower than the dirt they walk on.

that infuriates me. i am shocked and saddened by this injustice. this poor woman..........how terrible.

angie

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   
sorry duplicate post

[edit on 4-3-2005 by amb1063]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Yes it's a terrible thing.

I put it right up there with Catholic priests raping children while their peers turn a blind eye.

Organised religion is full of such hypocricies.

typo

[edit on 4-3-2005 by cargo]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
Yes it's a terrible thing.

I put it right up there with Catholic priests raping children while their peers turn a blind eye.

Organised religion is full of such hypocricies.

typo

[edit on 4-3-2005 by cargo]

I agree. Anytime relgion is used as an excuse to do evil its wrong, the fault lies with the follower not the faith though.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   
This is not just Islam we are talking about here. It's a particular brand of medieval Islam that seems to have become the norm in many poverty stricken parts of the world. It is like stepping back a 1000 years. I'm from the UK, and you would have trouble finding a Muslim here who wouldn't be as sickened by it as you are.

You'll also find plenty of Christians taking part in this sort of behaviour in war torn parts of Africa, such as the Congo.

Having said all that it is truly shocking, and I really hope the women wins her fight. She herself says it's all about education, and I have to agree.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   
People commit atrocities regardless of their religions. Christians have a long list of them.
Besides these men in pakistan were all uneducated ingnorant idiots. If everyone in pakistan felt this way this case would have never come to light and no one wouldve done anything to bring justice to that poor woman.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by FatherLukeDuke
This is not just Islam we are talking about here. It's a particular brand of medieval Islam that seems to have become the norm in many poverty stricken parts of the world. It is like stepping back a 1000 years. I'm from the UK, and you would have trouble finding a Muslim here who wouldn't be as sickened by it as you are.

You'll also find plenty of Christians taking part in this sort of behaviour in war torn parts of Africa, such as the Congo.

Having said all that it is truly shocking, and I really hope the women wins her fight. She herself says it's all about education, and I have to agree.

OK, please find me a source for Christian authoriized gang rape. The congo was UN peace keepers. "Christians"? I doubt it.........

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   
there was a story on the news about the barber shops in Iraq being targeted.....the insurgents/terrorists or whatever you desire to call them claim that they are defying Islamic laws....in afghanistan, they would have officials go from door to door measuring the length of the men's beards, if they weren't long enough, well, unpleasant circumstances would follow.

this isn't the same, or as extreme as punishing an evildoer by destroying his property (the concept behind the gang rape story), but it does prove one thing.
most of the iraqis I believe have been clean shaven, even under saddam's regime. it's not a tradition that we are forcing on them....it's one that they have accepted, and I don't believe they find anything immoral in it.
But, then well, they have these terrorists (probably refugees from the taliban afghanistan), trying to institute their extreme version on the Iraqi people, just like they did to the afghanis.
And, well, read in your bible, and you will find that the Tribal Isrealis of the old testement seem to have the same concept.....punish a person, by destroying his property, be it children, or wife, or sheep and cattle.
I don't think it is associated as much with religion, as it is with tribal laws and customs.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by I_s_i_s
People commit atrocities regardless of their religions. Christians have a long list of them.
Besides these men in pakistan were all uneducated ingnorant idiots. If everyone in pakistan felt this way this case would have never come to light and no one wouldve done anything to bring justice to that poor woman.

At issue, it did come to light, then convitions, then OVERTURNED by a higher court. That is the issue here...............Islamic tyrany over women.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid

Originally posted by FatherLukeDuke

OK, please find me a source for Christian authoriized gang rape. The congo was UN peace keepers. "Christians"? I doubt it.........

OOPS DrHoracid you left yourself open on that one.
Have you forgotten the Crusades?
How about the Inquisition ?
Both of those operations were indorsed by the Vatican and chirch leaders.
Both have had documented cases of rapes performed in the name of converting the unbeleivers.
Crusades

973-4 Benedict VI Benedict VI (973-974), born illegitimate son of monk, is strangled for his wickedness after permitting women to be raped under his pontificate.

Inquisition

Also, lets not forget what the last few years have revealed. That the church hasgone to great lengths to hide the truth of the sexual misconduct of it's priests.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
OOPS DrHoracid you left yourself open on that one.
Have you forgotten the Crusades?
How about the Inquisition ?
Both of those operations were indorsed by the Vatican and chirch leaders.
Both have had documented cases of rapes performed in the name of converting the unbeleivers.
Crusades

973-4 Benedict VI Benedict VI (973-974), born illegitimate son of monk, is strangled for his wickedness after permitting women to be raped under his pontificate.

Inquisition

Also, lets not forget what the last few years have revealed. That the church hasgone to great lengths to hide the truth of the sexual misconduct of it's priests.

Actually, thanks for the info. I was just too lazy today to post it myself. I am no "defender" of so called "christians" either.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid

I'm not sure what you mean about the UN peace keepers. I'm talking about mass rape by Christians in the Congo, perhaps 100s of thousands of women:

news.bbc.co.uk...
www.worldpress.org...

If you mean gang rape organised by overtly christian organisations in the name of the Lord, then try Uganda/Sudan:

www.globalsecurity.org...
www.guardian.co.uk...

This is the Lord's Resistance Army. They also chop people's limbs off, steal children from mothers and torture people to death. All in the name of God.

I'm sure you could say they aren't proper christians, but many muslims would argue that the men who gang raped that women weren't proper muslims. I very much doubt the Koran would condone such behaviour.

I'm playing devil's advocate a bit here. I'm an atheist and a strict seculist, and would prefer it if there was no religion at all to commit attrocities in the name of. I also have a real problem with many brands of Islam that seem to treat women as second class citizens, or don't even give them any status at all.

Islam needs to modernise, like most christians in the west have done, accepting secular governments and laws. But I don't think think we will get anywhere by branding them all rapists.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   
"Mr Kony, a former altar boy who wears dreadlocks and women's dresses, claims to have been called by God to topple the "satanic" government of Yoweri Museveni and institute the 10 Commandments as the Ugandan constitution. Fusing elements of Christianity, traditional spirit worship and the occult, he claims to be possessed by the Holy Spirit, and the spirits of a Chinese general and an Italian missionary. "

www.guardian.co.uk...

I don't know, I think this has more to say about what happens when you let a lunatic have power power than anything about religion...period.

I read this article, and well....ain't that nice....let's fight our wars with enslaved children....

This is really sick.....I don't think any sane religion would condone it!!!

[edit on 4-3-2005 by dawnstar]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar

This is really sick.....I don't think any sane religion would condone it!!!

[edit on 4-3-2005 by dawnstar]

I agree, it seems to be a case of mass insanity. I was really just making a point that people do all sorts of things in the name of religions, including christianity. That doesn't mean you should brand all christians as psychopaths though.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Every woman on this planet should be screaming for "jihad" against Islam. This is just one more example of the "Religion of Peace".

Go look up the rape statistics in America, then try to make a point; not that you had anyone anyways.

Regardless, what does Islam have to do with this rape? Islam is against the exploitation of women and such acts are a sin.

What's more interesting is how Punjab was named to be a province of Pakistan, yet is a province of India.

Deep

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Bah that is totally against the principels of islam.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
In general, what the hell is the matter with these people. The thing that gets me is that they try and justify there actions in the name of religion.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
yes ..i saw the interview on National Geographic about this woman... very sad... but then again, in our own society there are many who still condone certain states of mind such as ... " boys will be boys...", "...oh it was just ruff sex...".... and last but not least my sad "favorite" the good ole .."she was asking for it ..."

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join