It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

just had my official worst date ever

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

last one

-----

thank you everyone, i did learn a good lesson about going back over ground well traveled...nothing new...
edit on 15-7-2019 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

this has no relation to this conversation...other than 9/11.....ribbit ribbit terries

edit on 15-7-2019 by penroc3 because: battle comrades

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   

One train moves in another train moves out.

I went on a date with a girl last week I had a crush on and got stuck at a dumb dance club bar thing. She wouldnt dance with me and asked me to get a drink for her and when I came back she was dancing with another guy. Paid and left immediately.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   

damn im getting more and more childish

Actually reading your account of things it appears you are getting more mature.
The greatest gift is knowing that only you can allow people to do, or not do things to you.

Walking away and leaving all that drama is sometimes the best outcome. Some people deserve to stay in the past.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   
You say you don't want to hear all this stuff yet here you are laying it all out chapter and verse on the Internet to complete strangers.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

trust me when i say she will never see it and i only told my perspective and left things out that could id the people including myself out of the story.

but other than that i can GUARANTEE she will never ever read this here, she's not interested in the finer things in life like us here at ATS.

nd even if she does i would own it, seeing as it was just the 4th ill exercise some of my free speech

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3

trust me when i say she will never see it and i only told my perspective and left things out that could id the people including myself out of the story.

Not really the issue, nor is your free speech. Of course you have the "right" to lay out all this personal stuff to complete strangers, even though you don't want to hear it from others. It's just a contradiction.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Why are you 13-Steppin' so early in your recovery?

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Atsbhct
You blocked her? Like with a physical block?!

We can dream. Hopefully it was a full out stuff-the-fullback-rush style block or a hockey-cross-check to the face type block. Either or works for me.

I was picturing a forearm shiver.

Followed by my best stink eye.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

i made this friend recently hes really far out and he got me into it. ive been battling insomnia but anyway my new friend Tyler hes crazy

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Having a coffee and strolling around isn't a date if both parties don't agree it's a date, dude. Edit: And if the terminology used was "coffee date", that's just going for coffee and is no more a date than 2 parents on a playdate with kids is a DATE date.

To be very honest, it sounds much more like you're pissed you had plans to maybe get something else out of it, but ended up cockblocked.

Next time, be straightforward with whether or not it's a date with people. Saves a lot of frustration on your part.
edit on 7/15/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

you must be what 13? if you think i left that situation the lose you have a lot to learn about life

and we were at dinner not coffee
edit on 15-7-2019 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Atsbhct
You blocked her? Like with a physical block?!

We can dream. Hopefully it was a full out stuff-the-fullback-rush style block or a hockey-cross-check to the face type block. Either or works for me.

I'm picturing something 'Bloodsport'esque. Kumitè! Kumitė!

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I think you did the right thing. The minute he sat down I would have politely but firmly asked him to leave; and if they need to visit telephone each other at another time.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   

you must be what 13? if you think i left that situation the lose you have a lot to learn about life

and we were at dinner not coffee

The first sentence in your OP is literally this:

so i havent seen this girl in almost a year and she wanted to hang out and go for a cofee and walk around.

You said coffee & walking around until you "randomly walked by" somewhere, nothing about a set dinner date.

And yeah, I think you're a little ticked you got blocked and not laid, considering that you offered up more info that you were much more involved with the woman before.
edit on 7/15/2019 by Nyiah because: whoops, bungled the quote tags

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   

the difference is i was forced to hear it, no one made anyone come to this thread and interact with me and i certainly didn't show up at your house during dinner, slam a laptop down and force you to read and than put a gun to your head and tell you write a response out.

and honestly i was using it as a place where i am truly anonymous to vent frustrations and get some feedback. and i was honestly on the fence if i went over the top but i know i didnt.

put all the recovery stuff out of this conversation and it just comes down to manners and expectations, I have known this woman for a better part of a decade and up until recently lived with her and we almost got married. When she calls me up asking to smooth the last time we saw each other and to "have a good you and me night" says all i need to know and sets my expectations at a certain level.

i have no problems when seated outside in a busy part of the city seeing a friend walk by and saying hi, NORMAL people would say hi and introduce themselves and when the food came they would leave if they hadn't already.

as i said before we were in the middle of a serious conversation and after 10 mins of BS i wanteds to go back to our conversation and told this STRANGER as much, regardless of what the relationship is between my once fiance and her friend it was obvious we were having a serious conversation and been polite and left even more so when i asked him to do so.

im 34 years old and i don't need to deal with childish # and i certainly don't need to feel uncomfortable. no one was forcing me or her to be there so when i wasn't having fun and i felt very uncomfortable AND giving my ex the chance to be a normal human being and failed, i left.

she failed my test, not the other way around.(one i didn't know was happening)

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   

right and later got into how we went into a random mexican place.

its okay, you didn't read all of it and made a snap post. its cool

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 09:45 PM
link   

right and later got into how we went into a random mexican place.

its okay, you didn't read all of it and made a snap post. its cool

Nah man, no problem you made disjointed posts and tried to backpeddle & change what you posted (all while forgetting what you posted) You're really just ticked you and her didn't bone, you chose wording that effectively admits as much:

When she calls me up asking to smooth the last time we saw each other and to "have a good you and me night" says all i need to know and sets my expectations at a certain level.

Your expectations were to get laid. You got cockblocked instead. Now you're pissed off. You could have just said as much and made it an easier read for everyone.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I agree some people have hopes and intentions by agreeing to have coffee with someone does not mean if you are are lacking in social skills hardly gives you control to whom they can speak to some people are charming some aren't,sounds like you do a reality check IMO

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Your expectations were to get laid. You got cockblocked instead. Now you're pissed off. You could have just said as much and made it an easier read for everyone.

I don’t think anyone can read into the expectations of the OP beyond that he was going to spend some time with someone that had once meant a lot to him. I hardly think being so crude as to call some other man joining as an attempt at cockblocking ,fair.

The OP had every right to be miffed and in my opinion was treated poorly by his date.
edit on 16-7-2019 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-7-2019 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join