It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Review....."Stuber" and "Midsommar"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Midsommar...

Iv'e never seen a movie like this one. Experimental film, with lots on nudity for the kiddies, graphic violence for everyone, and drug taking for those such inclined. It started out normal enough with the proper pacing, but once the film reached Sweden it slows down to a disturbing, dreadful creepy bad trip. A real bad trip!! Some powerful imagery, strong characters, and a glimpse into a cult world not for the normies..

Stuber...

This is more like it. Funny, very violent, profane, hip, with great characters, locations, script, direction, a few explosions and car chases, made for todays movie goer. It doesn't really need the big screen but the theater experience works to it's benifit.

to both

Don't miss "Yesterday"

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   
No links?

Come on, spoon feed us at least an IMDB link or something.

Speaking up for others, re the link.

I'm sure most of us don't watch much stuff anymore, outside of the occasional torrent rental.
edit on 14-7-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

ok

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Looking forward to Midsommar, will probably stream stuber. I'm a fan of Bautista.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I think I did see a trailer for stuber the other day.

I like bautista, guess I didn't make a very good mental note. I know everyone likes him for the bigger roles, but I enjoy just about anything I've seen him in. Liked final score and bushwick, the last 2 films I watched of his.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Probably check out Midsommar.

I like trippy psychological movies, Hereditary was good but way overrated by the critics in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: 4891morfih
Probably check out Midsommar.

I like trippy psychological movies, Hereditary was good but way overrated by the critics in my opinion.

Most everything is overrated by critics, they aren't much more than paid advertisement mouthpieces these days. They are basically held hostage in order to promote whatever they are given, lest they want to be tossed into the vat of obscurity.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Isn't stuber the one where the producer or director said that they will be combating "toxic masculinity" at every opportunity? If so, hard pass.
edit on 14-7-2019 by Unmerciful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   

midsomer looks like crap but stubber looks like fun

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Midsommar was almost unique. It pays homage to wicker man , but it is much bolder and more inventive.
It is not for the squeamish, and I thought it was really good.
In a marketplace of remakes and sequels it shines brightly.
Almost as good as Us, if you like horror.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I really enjoyed the old world pacing of Midsommer. It's slow and steady with it's build (remember that in the original Alien you don't even see the alien for the first 3/4 of the movie). I've been to an actual summer solstice celebration in Sweden so it was all the more weird (obviously not like this one).

And I will say, from experience, probably the best visual representation of what mushroom tripping feels/looks like ever seen in cinema.

I watch a ton of horror movies. This was the best I've seen in the theater in a good while. Go see it for the weirdness!

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
I really enjoyed the old world pacing of Midsommer. It's slow and steady with it's build (remember that in the original Alien you don't even see the alien for the first 3/4 of the movie). I've been to an actual summer solstice celebration in Sweden so it was all the more weird (obviously not like this one).

And I will say, from experience, probably the best visual representation of what mushroom tripping feels/looks like ever seen in cinema.

I watch a ton of horror movies. This was the best I've seen in the theater in a good while. Go see it for the weirdness!

Fans of Hereditary should have an idea of what to expect from an Ari Aster film..

What level of a ton of horror movies? Wondering how obscure I can get in a possible list. =)

top topics

join