It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnitude 7.3 earthquake causes panic in eastern Indonesia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   

By Associated Press
Jul 14, 2019 | 12:40 PM
| JAKARTA, Indonesia

A strong, shallow earthquake struck eastern Indonesia on Sunday, damaging some homes and causing panicked residents to flee to temporary shelters. There were no immediate reports of casualties, and authorities said there was no threat of a tsunami.

The U.S. Geological Survey said the magnitude 7.3 quake was centered 103 miles southeast of Ternate, the capital of North Maluku province, at a depth of just 6 miles. Shallow quakes tend to cause more damage than deeper ones.

Indonesia's national disaster agency said the land-based earthquake didn't have any potential to cause a tsunami.

Still, many people ran to higher ground, and TV video showed people screaming while running out of a shopping mall in Ternate.

Magnitude 7.3 earthquake causes panic in eastern Indonesia

This was a shallow quake which occurred at only 6 miles underground in Indonesia. These types of quakes cause more devastation, but thankfully this one only seems to have damaged buildings, but there are no report of casualties. The quake also has no potential for a tsunami, which is good news.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   
7 point 3......dats a real earthquake.......

Make your legs feel like rubber......
edit on 14-7-2019 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Didnt they have a 7.1 last week.. which went unnoticed in the West cause of the China Lake 7.1 in Cali at the same time?

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   
It seems that something is going on. I wonder if the people who study this at high levels would be able to shed some light as to why there have been some bigger quakes worldwide. I do not think this is the end of the pattern.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I do remember hearing back in 2004 on Christmas Day (?) there was a 9.3 with epicenter in Sri Lanka that killed millions, Indian government officials began exposing that the quake wasn't normal and even blamed 'New York' but then some suddenly died.

Now Sri Lanka even looks 'moved' on the map (more to the right!) and millions died around there that day.

So much info is being scrubbed off the webs so its hard to find such chatter anymore... but here:

www.reformation.org...

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Two big ones here in SoCal.

6.8 and 7.1

Things are heating up.

Apparently this fault has nothing to do with the San Andreas fault.

7.1 in LA will kill a bunch of people.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   
The Earth has been giving all to many warnings something BIG is going to occur just how soon I am of course uncertain...
I am afraid it isn’t going to be an event which is localized to a given continent I’m rather certain we are facing a cataclysmic global catastrophe unlike anything in recorded history...
All of the little things we think we know and understand will be magnified to proportions which far exceed the scales by which we grade their magnitude and they will no longer be localized to given regions that are believed to be common due to weather patterns geology or what have you. And they will begin to occur in everywhere and all of them in unison.
Earth quakes volcanoes sinkholes tornadoes hurricanes floods hail storms rapid heating and cooling...
The Earth is essentially going to turn itself inside out and reform once again...
What do I suspect will be the real cause of this?
Liquefaction...
edit on 14-7-2019 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

The theory I've heard that makes the most sense to me (granted I'm no expert) is that the increase of liquid extraction from under the surface is in part to blame.

Liquid does not compress, but if we leave voids, the floating plates shift more often and with increased intensity.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: letni
I do remember hearing back in 2004 on Christmas Day (?) there was a 9.3 with epicenter in Sri Lanka that killed millions, Indian government officials began exposing that the quake wasn't normal and even blamed 'New York' but then some suddenly died.

Now Sri Lanka even looks 'moved' on the map (more to the right!) and millions died around there that day.

So much info is being scrubbed off the webs so its hard to find such chatter anymore... but here:

www.reformation.org...

Holy s#, this wasn't THAT long ago to excuse getting the info so mangled. It was off the coast of Sumatra in Indonesia, not centered on freaking Sri Lanka. There's a hell of a lot of miles -- 1500 of them, to be specific -- between them. It's like trying to say a quake in LA happened in Little Rock.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

The theory I've heard that makes the most sense to me (granted I'm no expert) is that the increase of liquid extraction from under the surface is in part to blame.

Liquid does not compress, but if we leave voids, the floating plates shift more often and with increased intensity.

Oil would tend to lubricate the slide, much of the oil seems to be near fault lines. I read a theory that removing the oil that lubricates the rocks could make movement more jerky. I read that about four years ago and although the source was a person who worked with earthquake research, I never checked if it was legit or not, after all it was just his theory.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I have been saying that there would be a continuous increase in earthquake activity, despite the false claims from naysayers. There is factual evidence even from at least 2 USGS seismologists whom studied the data and concluded that there has been indeed an increase in earthquake activity.

The 2010–2014.3 global earthquake rate increase
Tom Parsons 1 and Eric L. Geist 1

1 U. S. Geological Survey, Menlo Park, California, USA
1. Introduction

Obvious increases in the global rate of large (M ≥ 7.0) earthquakes happened after 1992, 2010, and especially during the first quarter of 2014 (Table 1 and Figure 1). Given these high rates, along with suggestions that damaging earthquakes may be causatively linked at global distance [e.g., Gomberg and Bodin, 1994; Pollitz et al., 1998; Tzanis and Makropoulos, 2002; Bufe and Perkins, 2005; Gonzalez-Huizar et al., 2012; Pollitz et al., 2012, 2014], we investigate whether there is a significant departure from a random process underlying these rate changes. Recent studies have demonstrated that M ≥ 7.0 earthquakes (and also tsunamis) that occurred since 1900 follow a Poisson process [e.g., Michael, 2011; Geist and Parsons, 2011; Daub et al., 2012; Shearer and Stark, 2012; Parsons and Geist, 2012; Ben-Naim et al., 2013]. Here we focus on the period since 2010, which has M ≥ 7.0 rates increased by 65% and M ≥ 5.0 rates up 32% compared with the 1979 – present average. The first quarter of 2014 experienced more than double the average M ≥ 7.0 rate, enough to intrigue the news media [e.g., www.nbcnews.com...]. We extend our analysis to M ≥ 5.0 levels, as many of these lower magnitude events convey significant hazard, and global catalogs have not generally been tested down to these thresholds.

2. Methods and Data

We work with the Advanced National Seismic System (ANSS) catalog of M≥ 5.0 global earthquakes for the period between 1979 and 2014.3 with a primary focus on the recent interval between 2010 and 2014.3 that shows the highest earthquake rates (Table 1 and Figure 1). A variety of tests suggest that the catalog is complete down to magnitudes between M=4.6 and M=5.2, depending on the method used to assess it (see supporting information). We examine a range of lower magnitude thresholds above M =5.0 to account for this uncertainty.

profile.usgs.gov...

Naysayers claimed that because the seismologists couldn't figure out whether this increase in activity is natural/cyclical or caused by something else that it meant there was no such increase in activity, which is a false conclusion of course.

It is a fact that the activity of Earth's interior has been increasing.

Molten iron river discovered speeding beneath Russia and Canada

Same as the fact that underwater volcanic activity, which there is an estimated over 3 million underwater volcanoes not counting underwater vents and other fissures releasing more heat, as there has also been an increase in underwater geothermal activity which is responsible for the melting of glaciers for example in West Antarctica.

Scientists discover 91 volcanoes below Antarctic ice sheet

Not to mention the weakening of Earth's magnetic field which became even more pronounced in 2014.

Earth's Magnetic Field Is Weakening 10 Times Faster Now

All of which points to an overall increase in activity in Earth's core.

Don't believe the claims that 'it is mankind/anthropogenic in origin, because similar changes are occurring in planets and moons in our Solar System and even Pluto and Charon are releasing more heat than their core/interior could muster.

Pluto is alive—but where is the heat coming from?

Like I have written for years in these forums, this increased activity in Earth's core will continue and we will see more of an increase in earthquakes, volcanic activity, underwater volcanic activity, and an increase in geothermal activity as well.

The globalists will try to convince people that "we are to blame" so that they can usher their One World Government with a plethora of taxes meanwhile nothing they claim to do will stop or mitigate these changes, and in the end they will become rich meanwhile the rest of us will have to deal with the consequences of this increase in the overall activity of Earth, and in the other planets and moons in our Solar System.

These changes are natural, and all we can do is adapt to these changes like ancient civilizations had to adapt or perish as has happened countless of times throughout the history of Earth.

edit on 15-7-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

join