It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran set to attack mideast oil ports

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Iran has warned that Gulf Arab oil would be endangered by any U.S. attack on the Islamic republic.

In the first such threat, a leading Iranian official raised the prospect of Iranian retaliation against Middle East oil exports. The official said such Gulf oil states as Kuwait and Saudi Arabia could be threatened, Middle East Newsline reported.

"An attack on Iran will be tantamount to endangering Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and – in a word – the entire Middle East oil," Iranian Expediency Council secretary Mohsen Rezai said on Tuesday.

About 40 percent of the world's crude oil shipments passes through the two-mile wide channel of the strategic Straits of Hormuz. Iranian forces are deployed at the head of the channel. Oman and the United Arab Emirates are located on the other side.
Teheran could easily block the Straits of Hormuz and use its missiles to strike tankers and GCC oil facilities, according to the new edition of Geostrategy-Direct.com. Within weeks, the rest of the world would be starving for oil and the global economy could be in danger.

The U.S. Energy Information Administration projects that oil tanker traffic through the Straits of Hormuz will rise to about 60 percent of global oil exports by 2025.

Rezai, a former commander of the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps and a candidate for president, told the Fars News Agency that any Western attack on Iran would send oil prices rocketing to $70 per barrel"

www.worldtribune.com...

Well the "blackmail" has begun. I feel a sea of glass coming! A molten glass "tsunami" somewhere between Iraq and Afganistain.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid I feel a sea of glass coming! A molten glass "tsunami" somewhere between Iraq and Afganistain.

I really hope someone nukes the city where you live.
You seem to love them so much it would be a fitting end for you.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 06:07 AM
link   
And i see the Arab world slowly figuring out how everything USA does in the middle east is steal natural resources, namely OIL, while there are miles long waiting lines in Iraq for a tank of gas. No petrol in Iraq, how ironic is that.

What a glorious liberation, kill the people, steal their oil, and go there for vacation!

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 06:12 AM
link   
You deserve a spin doctor of the year award for that statement nukunuku!

In reality, the people of the Middle East are realizing that finally a U.S. President really cares about democracy and freedom in the area, not cutting deals with dictators to get lucrative petroleum contracts, which is apparently Europe's current modus operandi.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
You deserve a spin doctor of the year award for that statement nukunuku!

In reality, the people of the Middle East are realizing that finally a U.S. President really cares about democracy and freedom in the area, not cutting deals with dictators to get lucrative petroleum contracts, which is apparently Europe's current modus operandi.

You beat me to it and said it very well.

Europe will cause a nuclear holocost on this planet, make no mistake. France in particular at that...............

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 06:19 AM
link   
yeah in YOUR REALITY, about half of the people actually "realize" that if they lick US butts long enough, they might be the next dictator, democratically elected of course

But i must say i was quite shocked when i saw a couple of miles long waiting line for gas in Bagdad. The oil flows right out of the country. I guess thats democracy for you.

Yeah US doesnt cut deals with dictators anymore, they just take what they want with force....in the name of democracy of course

Horacid, if europe starts before US ill eat an umbrella

but i doubt nukes will fly, if they were so harmless globally, they would be dropping them 50 years ago. Its good you have a president smarter than you

[edit on 4-3-2005 by nukunuku]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 06:19 AM
link   
well, if Iran is threatening to attack the Saudis as retaliation, I say we attack them, let Iran hit S.A. and then sit back and watch them destroy eachother. Two of the largest terror backers duking it out will result in much entertainment for the rest of us.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Are Iran's missile installments advanced (as far as being able to hit a target from a greater distance away) and spread out enough that the US couldn't take out all threats to the straight within 48 hours?

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by utrex
Are Iran's missile installments advanced (as far as being able to hit a target from a greater distance away) and spread out enough that the US couldn't take out all threats to the straight within 48 hours?

Very good question. Iraq has several anti-missile batteries set up and the Aegis grade destroyers in the straight can take out a bunch of missiles. Saudi also has new patriot batteries set up.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Most of Iran's capability would be taken out by stealth bombers before they even knew what hit them.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Iran should be a tougher cookie than Iraq, that was battered with years of isolation. I remember a company here in Slovenia selling weapon laser guidance to them years ago for instance, so they are a bit better prepared than Iraq. Plus they have newer air defence thanx to the russians. Still i dont see how anyone except China could defeat USA in battle. They could win by share numbers and as for the rest guerilla warfare is the only way to fight against a technological superpower that is USA.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Europe will cause a nuclear holocost on this planet, make no mistake. France in particular at that...............

Why Europe? and why in paticular France? Maybe you could back that up?

Is Europe the only continent to have nukes?

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by nukunuku
Iran should be a tougher cookie than Iraq, that was battered with years of isolation. I remember a company here in Slovenia selling weapon laser guidance to them years ago for instance, so they are a bit better prepared than Iraq. Plus they have newer air defence thanx to the russians. Still i dont see how anyone except China could defeat USA in battle. They could win by share numbers and as for the rest guerilla warfare is the only way to fight against a technological superpower that is USA.

So what? in 91 iraq had the fourth largest army in the world and Bagdhad had the most heavily defended arspace in the world. Yet the US led coalition was still able to gain total control of the skies wthin 48 hours.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 06:50 AM
link   
well looking at the way things are going, i guess well soon find out. Are you considering a current situation in Iraq to be a victory for USA? Ask some of the soldiers if the war is over in Iraq.....

And hey i just figured out why USA will NEVER nuke mid east.....

becouse theyre fighting on a big pool of oil!!!!!!!!! Imagine if they trigger a massive outburst of oil and everybody there people, armies, camels, just drown in black gold....or if they just light it up like a national lampoons christmas tree
NOW THATS FUN

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Iran has been buying large numbers of generation 2 and generation 3 Soviet supersonic anti-ship missles (sunburn and the like). There is no way we can take out even a fraction of these small, mobile missles. They're impossible to defend against and could easily be used to shut down the straits and threaten any US naval presence in the gulf. It's not a good situation.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 07:17 AM
link   
First off, if the US did go to war with Iran, what makes you think the US would have ships in the Gulf?

The Gulf can be controlled by other means.

Those Silkworm's can not hit what they cannot see...subs, anyone?

Besides, with aircraft carriers to hit anything in the Gulf and in Iran, they can be deployed outside the Gulf region and far enough away from Iran, that it would be Iran that would have to venture out to find them and use those 2nd and 3rd generation anti-ship missiles.

seekerof

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
They're impossible to defend against and could easily be used to shut down the straits and threaten any US naval presence in the gulf.

Nothing is impossible to defend against. Nothing.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   
If they start sinking oil tankers in the straits they can essentially shut down a large percentage of the region's oil exports. That alone would be a major problem --- even if they were never able to fire on a US naval vessel.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
If they start sinking oil tankers in the straits they can essentially shut down a large percentage of the region's oil exports. That alone would be a major problem --- even if they were never able to fire on a US naval vessel.

not to mention the ecological implications of sinking tankers !!!!!

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Why wouldn't black ops work? Why can't the USA just send in assassins? Run small missions taking out strategic targets, peoples, etc. Just dont get caught doing it. (I know, easier said then done)

Everyone will know it was us, but our Gov can just do what they do best- deny it.

Seriously though- why does this have to be a "war" (Iran)? There has got to be another way to do this... thoughts?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join