It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the Left oppose Trump's Deportations of those who have exhausted their immigration cases?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
The left support opposing Trump, the issue is irrelevant.

This statement is correct. Except for one part. For me at least, it isn't Trump.

It's you.

It's every person on ATS and in real life that naively believes they can trust the government because Donald Trump, of all people, is President. It's the people who bend over backward to rationalize obvious lies and try to normalize doing so. It's an insult to anyone with the slightest shred of free thinking intelligence.

I could never in a million years lump myself in with people like that. On any issue. Maybe you all need to take a good look in the mirror and think about the real reason people have a problem with your blind allegiance to a con man.

Hint: it isn't the con man.

LOL, and those of us who aren't anti Trump, laugh lots at you because you seem to not be able to understand that we aren't the Borg collective, we actually think for ourselves, and have different ideas. you just wont shut up long enough to hear it.

Hint: get a clue.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

So what should we do with those 1 Million at least who have received their final Deportation orders?

They tried to have the courts let them stay and they failed.

Is it just "Come on in and we won't ever make you leave"?

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

LOL, just say it. You are against removing those with orders to be removed. You aren't honest enough to say why and when pressed, throw some article up. As if you aren't capable of conveying your own thought.

My opinion is, the law says they have to go, so they go. If you don't like it, change the law. But you can't arbitrarily choose which laws to ignore, and which one's matter. Nobody is above the law. Even if your feelz are hurt.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Grimpachi

What? How can you lean left but also support securing the border? According to this place that's impossible! Are you from another dimension where people treat things on a case by case basis? Madness!

Left leaners wouldn't be consider anywhere near left by progressives. I think many on social media have stated as much. Maybe they should just take the plunge and come out as centrist?

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Is ICE going after all nationalities that have over stayed, or just Mexicans?

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I'd decide that on a case by case level. But I am generally critical of deportations due to the costs for tax-payers. We had the case of Ibrahim Miri being deported from Bremen after years of criminal activity, and that's one of the few cases I could tolerate if it wasn't so fricken useless: that hydra can grow new heads quicker than anyone could deport them.

Störung der Nachtruhe des Herrn Miri

You aren't honest enough to say why and when pressed, throw some article up. As if you aren't capable of conveying your own thought.

I was putting up an example, and I don't think it would be wise to deport people to Afghanistan, for example. I'm sorry you are so easily bothered by individual decisions and nuance.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

Unfortunately if you vote Dem you are for it. That doesn't mean you need to vote R.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Unfortunately if you vote Dem you are for it. That doesn't mean you need to vote R.

Well, if you can't agree with, or feel you just can't trust any congressional candidates, then don't vote.

I happen to live in an area where, for now, my senators are a known. Congresspeople, not so much, but they change frequently.

As to a presidential race, I have come to accept that it may be a "lesser of two evils", or "the evil you know" choice.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   

How did they vote for border wall funding to secure the borders?

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Depends....

Are they a danger to society??

If they are dangerous then I’m sure you couldn’t find ANYONE who doesn’t support their deportation..

If they are not dangerous though.. if they are just normal folks who just wanna work and raise their families... only conservatives want them deported..

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Obama deported more. The left was fully behind him. Shows how dysfunctional that party is.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

ICE is only an enforcement agency. They don't pick and choose who. They receive the warrants that were judiciously served by the courts and simply do their job to process them.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

How did they vote for border wall funding to secure the borders?

Well, my senators are Marco Rubio, and Rick Scott, so I can fairly safely say they vote the party line 99.9% of the time. I don't always agree with thier views, it way more often, than not, and I don't get many surprises.

My congresswoman is a moderate dem, who votes moderate-left, voted in favor of both the funding package outlined by the Senate, and for the proposed House bill, with all the strings attached.

Why do you ask?

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Trumps first priority is the illegals that have committed crimes while here in the US.
edit on 14-7-2019 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-7-2019 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

So people who enter the country illegally, work here illegally, what kinda legal status would you give such folks? What would you do with them? These are NOT DACA qualifying people?

edit on 14-7-2019 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

Trumps first priority is the illegals that have committed crimes while here in the US.

Right, keep those little kids in cages. You never can tell what those little Mexicans might pull. Besides they can't find their folks anyway.
And if they do happen to get out, they should be be identified with some kind of armband or tattoo.
edit on 14-7-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   
My favorite part of this thread is the leftists coming in and claiming they're centrists.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I'll just leave this here.

‘Cursed is anyone who withholds justice from the foreigner, the fatherless or the widow.’ Then all the people shall say, ‘Amen!’
Leviticus 27:19

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
The left support opposing Trump, the issue is irrelevant.

This statement is correct. Except for one part. For me at least, it isn't Trump.

It's you.

It's every person on ATS and in real life that naively believes they can trust the government because Donald Trump, of all people, is President. It's the people who bend over backward to rationalize obvious lies and try to normalize doing so. It's an insult to anyone with the slightest shred of free thinking intelligence.

I could never in a million years lump myself in with people like that. On any issue. Maybe you all need to take a good look in the mirror and think about the real reason people have a problem with your blind allegiance to a con man.

Hint: it isn't the con man.

Yes it’s people like me that stop you voting Trump

Who said I trust the government?

For me I don’t see any lies, he’s the only politician I can think of who ever made a solid campaign promise and by all appearances is trying to keep them.
What lies are you referring to?

As for lumping yourself in with a particular crowd, you prefer the sky screamers, free shyte for everyone and baby killers do you?

I’m sure you were anti Trump from the start, to imply me or any other Trump supporter had any bearing on your decision is laughable.
Your just a sore loser me thinks, enjoy the next 6 years

P.s people like YOU are the reason I support Trump, the pathetic whiners who would rather watch the world burn because they feel slighted
edit on 14/7/2019 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   
No, I have a problem with him politicizing the raids and giving notice before hand possibly causing far more issues then had he kept his mouth shut until after ICE did their jobs. There is a reason law enforcement dont announce raids and arrests ahead of time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join