It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Female Agenda Strikes Again - BOND 25 To See Black, Female Bond

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
This reads like way too many posters are easily triggered morons to me. Bond is still Bond, this chick is digging him out of retirement. What Bond ISN'T, however, is 007 anymore. She is. That does not maker her Bond, it just makes her 007 with boobs.

Great. That's what we have been saying. Part of the story line is Bond passing the torch on to her. It is also about Bond in the MeToo era.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

No.

007 is synonymous with Bond.

You and others can parse the living snot out of this, but Bond is 007. 007 is Bond.

Now I'm apparently not "woke" so I won't get your reasoning. But from someone who has read all of Ian Fleming's books, I will always associate Bond with 007 and 007 with Bond.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

No.

007 is synonymous with Bond.

You and others can parse the living snot out of this, but Bond is 007. 007 is Bond.

Now I'm apparently not "woke" so I won't get your reasoning. But from someone who has read all of Ian Fleming's books, I will always associate Bond with 007 and 007 with Bond.

I've seen nearly all of the movies, though I haven't read the books, but as far as I'm concerned, Sean Connery is Bond, and everyone else is a just a remake. And aren't Connery's Bond at all, they just have the name.

Thus, I don't see much issue in retiring the Bond character from the franchise and piping a little fresh blood into it. It's been pretty damn stale for a while, this could be the paddle shock it might need. Or it might be a dumpster fire, who knows. Won't know until we see it anyway.

Just my opinion as a Connery-Bond fan.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yes they gave her the moniker as symbolism of her becoming the new "bond". It is a PC message done on purpose. I don't know why the PC culture wants people to think trained woman are equal to or superior to trained men in combat. There is a reason there are men's and women's divisions. I find it insulting. Are women so inferior they need to create a fake reason for girls to think a strong woman is possible? Personally I think there are plenty already.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   

A different director wants to take over after this and reboot Bond. So hopefully the travesty of a storyline of Bond 25 dies with the movie.

Make Jane Black 009 and give her her own franchise. Does a strong woman need a strong man to introduce her to be successful?

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Connery was the quintessential Bond.

But the others are Bond in their own right.

Betty McFaker McFakerson is not Bond, nor is she 007.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yes they gave her the moniker as symbolism of her becoming the new "bond". It is a PC message done on purpose. I don't know why the PC culture wants people to think trained woman are equal to or superior to trained men in combat. There is a reason there are men's and women's divisions. I find it insulting. Are women so inferior they need to create a fake reason for girls to think a strong woman is possible? Personally I think there are plenty already.

I have no problem with some broad being 009 and having her own franchise.

Might even be a fan.

But I guess the l'il gals need a man to boost their career.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   
so here's my take on bond, having read several books.

the movies take very little from the source material. for example, in the books he was a 3 pack a day smoker.

as for the movies, bond is to be above average in every way.

reassigning the codename is a rather trivial thing to get worked up about. if they tried to pull a bourne, where the name is part of the identity and code, then maybe, but the codename itself? thats a stretch.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: ScepticScot

"Bond" has quotations around it. What does that tell you. You're not stupid I can tell you understand English, that just leaves you being disingenuous.

Just in case I was wrong I'll give you a hint. The quotation marks denote the subject is something other than what that word in quotes says. In the English language my sentence means she is not Bond.

Your rather strange hang up with having a black women play 007 is completely misplaced as she is Not the new ''Bond''. Just part of a storyline invoking Bond coming out of retirement. A fairly logical follow on from the last film.

You say you get this but continue to go about me too generation and progressive agenda.

If you do understand they are not actually having the character of Bond being replaced then what the hell are you getting irate about? Do you even know?

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Here is the problem with a female James Bond. Are they going to make her a whore? Let's face it the Bond saga was always about sexual tension. Are they going to make a female a lover like the Bond character who usually beds down two or three women a movie? Are they going to make her a lesbian stud? How are they going to deal with that?

The only thing I see they might do is to turn the character into a superhero, Amazon, killer babe type.
edit on 15-7-2019 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Can we be really clear on this thread.....

SHE IS NOT PLAYING BOND SHE IS PLAYING A SPY WITH THE 007 TITLE, ITS NOT THE SAME

No facts please! The boys want to cry, so let them cry. Whats irritating, these warriors cry a lot in these days, why is that?

yes the boys are such delicate flowers......notice the total outrage the moment a female ghostbusters movie was to come out...they went nuts...now notice that there is another ghostbusters movie coming out ignoring the female one and is a sequel to the original 2....you don't see all us women losing our SHI^ over it, and one of the actresses from the movie was really gracious about it.......

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: research100
a reply to: JDmOKI

daniel craig is playing bond in the movie his character is retired and this woman is given the 007 moniker she goes and gets Bond out of retirement....no one mentioned but another part of the article said that henceforth bond girls will be referred as bond women.......oh and Bond tries his seductive ways on her to no avail , her character could be killed off for all we know.....how about we at least give it a chance, people are judg
ing this movie before it is even out

I'll probably see the new movie even though I think Daniel Craig has only done maybe two good bond films. These movies only interest me because it's James bond im not interested in future movies without him as the main character.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
I'll probably see the new movie even though I think Daniel Craig has only done maybe two good bond films.

I like him in the role better than any of the others, they and the films were far too campy. Craig's Bond is much closer to the apathetic anti-hero in the novels.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Ian Flemming originally wrote 007 as a comedy.
Looks like they are returning to their roots.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Maybe its a transgender Bond

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: acrux

Ian Flemming originally wrote 007 as a comedy.
Looks like they are returning to their roots.

Not seeing how Flemming's first Bond novel was a comedy.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Even if you don't watch this movie, you might still be an alt-right supremacist mysogonistic Nazi Trump supporter.

lol.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: acrux
Maybe its a transgender Bond

Surprised they "couldn't" find a masculine black male of acceptable height, musculature and steeliness (Elba is the wrong height for Bond).

In any case, if it even was for marketing etc reasons, surely a Chinese gal would have been selected (as opposed to this afro-textured hair individual)? Tons of Bond "fans" over in the People's Republic...

lol

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I'm all for empowering women but this whole gender equality nonsense is exactly that.

At the end of the day there's no refuting that men have a physical advantage over women.

When you watch these films with female leads as they throw men around twice their size and power it just ruins the immersion for me.

Probably dangerous to feed these lies to young women as well. It used to be a given that striking a woman was completely abhorrent and unforgivable. Now in the fantasy land of equality i'm not so sure going forward.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

At the end of the day there's no refuting that men have a physical advantage over women.

Depends on the man, depends on the woman.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with saying a woman can play a physical role, not a thing. Regardless of it being a man or a woman I think all can agree that movies have a tendency to exaggerate the physical abilities of everyone, shame it only seems to break immersion for you when its a woman kicking ass.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join