It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Sir Kim Darroch leak claims Trump scrapped Iran nuclear deal 'to spite Obama'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Iran , mainly through US sanctions is a wounded animal cornered , the danger is obvious.

Stuck in the middle of Euarisa along the silk road, Iran is not cornered. America is over extended in the Middle East. For the US to attack Iran will create an uprising through Iraq, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan and many other nations in the region. All American and Israel targets in the region will be facing a big blow back with all the oil infrastructure first to be blown up. America will be back at square one with all of its regional work so far.

It is one thing to roll in and take a city. Quite another to hold it.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Let's look at this sideways.
I wonder who stands to gain from damaging the UK's and US's relationship?

Could it be the EU attempting to weaken the UK's position when it comes to renegotiating Brexit?

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Tagz

The EU was bad news the moment the UK chose to bond with it. Now they're screwed because of it and lots of people are talking. They say the UK is falling and being taken over by Islam and I don't blame them for thinking that. There are royals who rub shoulders with the worst of them and no one even flinches about it.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

This is the opinion of a senior diplomat with decades of experience, and it was communicated in private rather than being written for the media. So it's as close to an objective view as we are likely to get.

Britain's foreign service is largely a non political body. It exists independently of whoever is currently in government, so they usually tell thing as they are, not as politics demand.

For this reason I think that we can trust these documents to be an accurate reflection of the situation in the ground.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

Stuck in the middle of Euarisa along the silk road, Iran is not cornered.

They're cornered as the US sanctions are damaging their economy , they are effectively under siege.
The US strategy is obvious , try to ferment an uprising by making the populous unhappy and force regime change through sanctions , Iran can either sit and watch it happen or be forced to take the only route left available , invite attack and deal with that.

It is one thing to roll in and take a city. Quite another to hold it.

Indeed.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: NikeOS

A lot of the Muslims going to Britain are actually fleeing from Islamist regimes, if anything they are moderates who are likely to become more secular once they arrive. Britain may become darker skinned, but it is in no way talking to islam. Already the face of British Islam is almost unrecognizable when compared to islam in many other parts of the world.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 06:23 AM
link   

In some ways it is good to see the UK taking responsibility for putting it nose in other peoples business, like the Iraq war and accepting some of the fallout that does happen, like mass migration. If bombs started falling here I would be on the move as well.

But yes, things have gone too far as we cannot talk about the real reasons of war and so just make stuff up and get sidetracked with the anarchy war brings. Yeah people are scared about bringing up 9/11 and the real motives of why the strong survive. But if it did happen, then maybe the migrant debate might find some reality as well.

I am for immigration, has been happening since things started to move. The immigration debates are long, hard and tough, especially here is Australia. Self-immolation does happen... Seeing Tommy Robinson being one solider pushed on this sword with this issue, it is kinda good in some ways that the UK is taking responsibility with the fallout of war. Maybe not as a government with the Tommy action, but at least as a nation. If the government did decide to be straight up about the war then I can see this helping to stem the immigration tide and get back to what it is more about rather than all this fake news BS.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Following threats by the Met police about publishing leaked emails the Daily Mail has stuck to its guns and published more revelations , this time in regard to the reason the Iran Nuclear deal was scrapped ....

‘I’m grateful to you for coming out on short notice and undertaking such a packed programme,’ he told Mr Johnson. ‘The outcome illustrated the paradox of this White House: you got exceptional access, seeing everyone short of the President; but on the substance, the Administration is set upon an act of diplomatic vandalism, seemingly for ideological and personality reasons – it was Obama’s deal.

What a childish way to conduct foreign policy , par for the course for this administration though.

This email was sent to Boris Johnson following the then Foreign Secretary's visit to the US to try to save the deal last year , Darroch's email expresses dismay at the lack of planning other than the scrapping of the deal.

Moreover, they can’t articulate any “day-after” strategy; and contacts with State Department this morning suggest no sort of plan for reaching out to partners and allies, whether in Europe or the region.’

And who is the tail wagging this dog ?

Mr Trump’s decision was, he said, ‘the end of a long road’ and highlighted how Mr Bolton’s arrival in the White House in April 2018 ‘was widely predicted to cement this outcome.’ ‘Much of the speech echoed lines we have heard from Bolton in person,’ he explained.
www.dailymail.co.uk... l

Childish games played at the risk to the lives of many , will they never learn.

Glad to see that in Britain there's at least one person who is helping expose some of the high level Brits who were/are involved in the coup against the President of the United States...

But John Bolton, eh??? We who support our President knew at the time Obama perpetrated the dirty deal with Iran that it was nothing short of treason...We didn't need Trump to tell us that...And that was long before Bolton ever showed up...

Articles like this are a continuation of the fake news that we deal with on a daily basis...

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Why is Trump accused of warmongering?

Trump walked away from the deal for seemingly his own petty reasons and had no plan in place to deal with the fallout of that decision , he's ratcheted up tensions in the region by sending troops and equipment in what appears to be a replay of his strong man diplomacy like he did with North Korea , Iran isn't North Korea.

No one is accusing Trump of warmongering but some in his administration are warmongers and sometimes actions have unforeseen consequences that can lead to war.

Iran , mainly through US sanctions is a wounded animal cornered , the danger is obvious.

Make the animal our enemy . Found that out serving in the USAF during the Vietnam War.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

This is the opinion of a senior diplomat with decades of experience, and it was communicated in private rather than being written for the media. So it's as close to an objective view as we are likely to get.

Britain's foreign service is largely a non political body. It exists independently of whoever is currently in government, so they usually tell thing as they are, not as politics demand.

For this reason I think that we can trust these documents to be an accurate reflection of the situation in the ground.

An accurate reflection of 1 diplomats opinion.
Tinfoil cap firmly on I wouldn’t put it past tptb to leak these “confidential”
Memos when it’s suits their agenda

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 06:40 AM
link   

a reply to: Lysergic

You mean in 2021 when (if) a sane administration takes over ?
I fear it will to to late by then , the approach of war waits for no one.

Oh please. What war?

A conflict on the Korean Peninsula seems less and less remote now.

A conflict involving the People's Republic of China seems about as likely as sentient extraterrestrial aliens grandly revealing their existence to the human race.

A large-scale conflict with the Islamic Republic of Iran is highly, highly unlikely.

A conflict involving the Russian Federation is about as remote as the Messier 48 galaxy.

A conflict involving Venezuela is extemely unlikely.

To which war do you refer?

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

A lot of the Muslims going to Britain are actually fleeing from Islamist regimes, if anything they are moderates who are likely to become more secular once they arrive. Britain may become darker skinned, but it is in no way talking to islam. Already the face of British Islam is almost unrecognizable when compared to islam in many other parts of the world.

Well of course they are...That's how they operate...As their numbers increase, the true Izlam shows more of its ugly face...They have shariah courts...Many muzlims are now mayors of many cities in England...There are numerous no-go zones where the English police are not allowed (and afraid) to go to...

Look at Sweden and the rest of Europe...

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Iscool

Articles like this are a continuation of the fake news that we deal with on a daily basis...

How is it fake news ?
The emails are real and are the opinion of a high level British diplomat in a position to know , not fake news just critical news.

If you only have a controlled narrative how can truth survive.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Incidentally, this seems to confirm my first reaction to the original revelations- viz., that the leaking project was a denigrate-Trump exercise, rather than an anti-Darroch conspiracy. The impact on the ambassador was only a side-effect.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: AnakinWayneII

What ever war it takes to keep the industry moving. I heard something about some anal probing ET's living on the dark side of the moon?

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   
This isn't exactly news.
Since the failed birther movement trumps only goal is to take apart Obama's legacy.
What the pitiable imbecile fails to grasp is that undoing what Obama did does not change the fact that he did them.
He cannot undo Obama's legacy.
What he can do and what he is doing is creating his own legacy which unfortunately will be that he destroyed the good that was done. His legacy will not be what he did. It will what he destroyed.
Probably exactly opposite what he would like it to be.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Pretty obvious Trump has been dissing Obama from day one.
It's only racists who would lap the like of that up, more so, Trump's never ending comments about Obama only show Trump himself as being racist...anyone who thinks different is a fool. So, there it is, a Racist, Xenophobe in the White House..ain't that something!
edit on 14-7-2019 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   

I think what you are seeing is that in general the world does not like trump.
At all...
The people who think he's competent are few and far between and that this site is his fan club but does not reflect how most people see him.
and the truth hurts.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: AnakinWayneII

I am sure you are correct.
And war is not what trumps goal is. It is only to destroy what ever Obama did. It just shows how insecure and childish he is. Again not a surprise.
If he can sound like a tough guy while he does it all the better.
I'd love to see how he'd actually handle a personal confrontation.
Probably run away crying.

edit on 7142019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: NikeOS

I think you both mean 2024.

Technically, it would be January 2025 for the next President's Inauguration day.

ganjoa

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join