It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KKK's roots are scottish

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 01:32 PM
link   
A secret society of "horse whisperers" formed by ploughmen in the rolling farmlands of Buchan spawned the notorious Ku Klux Klan in the Southern states of the United States.

That is the astonishing claim made by a Scottish veterinary surgeon in a book to be published later this month, detailing the rise and fall of the mysterious societies of horsemen that spread from the farms of the north-east of Scotland throughout Britain and then across the Atlantic.

www.rense.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Being half-scot on my mothers side, I'm very dissappointed

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I don't think that the fundamental cause of the KKK was born in Scotland. For one, the burning of the Cross was used in the Scottish Highlands to alert others across the villages that trouble was on the way, so the KKK uses the burning cross to remind them that their threat (blacks, jews, catholics, etc) was on the horizon. The racist side does not come from the scottish horse "gangs".

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 10:19 AM
link   
The men were from Scotland.
The roots of the KKK are American.

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 10:35 AM
link   
There ya go!
I agree LP.
They may be scottish traditions, but
they've taken on a sinister tone.
Due to the ignorance of a few.

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I dont understand why there was and still is hatred in the United States and other parts of the world. Diversity makes the world different, yes, but in a good way.

Till Next Time,
BlackRose

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Yeah, I also love the utopian ideal..

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 04:21 AM
link   
How can you say training horses takes a sinister tone and turns into a violent racist cult. Whit, a mean whit?
It was those men that were violent racists, not anything to do with Scotland or training horses.
We don't have Scottish traditions of being violent racists, apart from with the English but they started it .

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Nathan Bedford Forest is the recorded founder of the KKK. If his ancestors were of Scottish decent, so be it. The Scottish should not be associated with the KKK. It is as American as George W. Bush

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Nathan Bedford Forrest was one of the original members. But to record him as the sole founder is very innacurate. You cant start a club by yourself. I'm not going to claim to be an expert on the Klan but i do know that is only a partially correct statement.
I dont blame you for this fact Echo. I blame sh*tty history books. look at the social studies text books used in todays schools they are so careful about being politically correct and not offending anyone that they fail to accurately report history. History is not politically correct nor will it ever be.

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Tis true. The information I used to support my claim did originate from a text book. Ah, the foolishness. Forgive me.

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I know a person who is a member of EKotKKK here in Sweden. He tells me it is not really an order or "secret society" They are secretive but they dont have grades, introduction, grades, levels etc etc.

Alot of people thinks of KKK when they see hooded men in cloaks but the hoods are in several orders.

I think the KKK has retrieved traditions from several orders.

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I'm about to go do a little more research into this, but I'm afraid that you're mistaken. The roots of the KKK are in, strangely enough, the southern US, during the reconstuction era (by James Forrester? I can't remember his name.) after the civil war. Its membership was quite large, until it became apparent that changing global views would make their organization obsolete. At that point one of the KKK members started a new organization, the NRA.
Just a funny bit of coincidence. NEways, I think that the roots of the KKK being in scotland are absurd, considering that the scots just don't give a damn, as far as that stuff goes. If you want to blame it on someone, blame cousin jethro.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Oh no. My paternal heritage has a strong NC-based Scotch-Irish horse trader/trainer contingent, as well as a NY German immigrant portion which may have been sympathetic to Nazis, though it would seem some of them had Jewish ancestry.

I must have missed my calling, since I like the "utopian" view of diversity.

Well, the solution is simple. We'll just take all those inferior races and breed with them, thereby bestowing them with our "superior" genes. That'll teach 'em.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
beeing Scottish i would like to take this opertunity to remind everyone that most scots are not racist in any way and are in no way assotiated with the KKK.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Being a racist is not a DNA-derived trait.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
You need but publish the source as rense.com to ascertain that it is rubbish. Rense has fallen far from his glory days of UFO truth discovery into racist and anti-semite rantings of today. I take all such articles from rense with a grain of salt. Rubbish I tell you.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
scots are very racist. They are not openminded when it comes to people from different countries.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by fortean

The Klan began as a group to fight the northern aggression, as it was called back then. They kept a secretive profile to discover Yankee sympathizers who would wish to organize unwarranted taxation on real-estate (land). During the original formation of the Klan, in Pulaski, TN, there was no racist agenda, but that did come later at the second resurrection of the Klan at post civil war.

The cross, if I remember my history correctly, was burned in the yard of a Yankee sympathizer to denote his identity. Whether or not a person was really a trader to the south, the stigma was established with the cross and the person was from that time forward treated as such.

Over the years, the Klan has been disbanded and outlawed only to re-emerge at a later time. They often employed a renaming tactic to circumvent the legal disbandment status.
Knights of the Ku Klux Klan, Invisible Knights of the Ku Klux Klan, Imperial Knights, Imperial, Invisible Knights, etc.

Now a-days they claim to no longer be an anti race group, but a white heritage preservation group, which is complete and utter non-sense.

Having lived in the south, in Decatur, Al, I can assure everyone that they are still the same racist collective of inbreeds that has existed since the post civil war inception of the group’s namesake. They generally recruit white high school drop outs or societies rejects and pump them full of BS, blaming their collective woes on everyone who is not white.

Are some of them of Scottish decent, sadly, some are, but that lineage is nothing more than happenstance as the majority of their decree is attuned to German Nazi propaganda.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join