It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Power outage in parts of New York City, officials say

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Power just restored in part it seems (seen it live on the news). They are saying 5 of 6 electrical network grid restored.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I love having a solar/Battery bank system. And two generators to back that up. Its redundant, and works like a charm. I never lose power here/
Im glad their lights and ACs are back online, but they shouldn't rely on any one if times get tough

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I think they can successfully hack our grids as we can theirs...

It's all going to be fubar

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Surprised it doesn't happen way more often, TBH. I don't know how much redundancy can realistically be built into something so complex but you'd think this would be the kind of thing that doesn't wanna happen because they planned it not to fail in such a big way.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 04:41 AM
link   
In related news, AOC praises New York City for unilaterally trying out her Green New Deal.

Not really... yet, anyway.

I heard it lasted 4 hours and was due to a transformer fire... not bad. Bad is in Louisiana where tens of thousands are without power and dealing with flooding. I find it amazing how such a minor event was deemed worthy of national news coverage that lasted more than ten seconds. As old as the grid is, blackouts like this should be expected.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Looks like these power outage didn't have any big impact and electricity was restored rather quickly ... seriously disproving media alarms about Russian attacks during past months and years ....

If it were the Russians , there wouldn't be light for at least 1 week !

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Blackhats

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join