It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Way I Read News Today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   
First, I check if the article has the word "opinion" somewhere near the title or at the end. I found many times it was written by one of those biased mercenaries, you know..., like those TV contributors.

Then I click the "view comments" section and see how most of the posts are more informative, less biased and opposed to the article.

Feels so good to see how people don't believe all they read and learn the real story.

I don't think journalism was more reliable before, we just didn't have a way to see people's replies so we thought "it must be true". Well, it doesn't work anymore, BS is detectable now.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   
"Journalism", for the most part, has always been Democrat biased and slanted.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Then I click the "view comments" section and see how most of the posts are more informative, less biased and opposed to the article.

If you allow random idiots on the internet to influence whether or not you believe a story is true, you're doing it wrong.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Says the random...oh, you get the idea.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

If you allow random idiots on the internet to influence whether or not you believe a story is true, you're doing it wrong.

Most of the time, they are right in higher degree that the author of the article.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Or if the article mentions "anonymous sources say".

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: xetex
Or if the article mentions "anonymous sources say".

Oh yeah, and you'll find the people posting comments notice that all the time. No way they can fool us.

join