It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political Correctness!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Follows closely on the heels of that court order ALLOWING a muslim girl to wear what she wants to school, disregarding the school dress code.

Which is it? Uniform or not, can't have both....

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

This is related to the State and Religion issue, (I regard school as part of the state), In my opinion students should respect and obey the school uniform as accurately possible.
Other Muslims girls at her school don't wear the full dress, they wear a head scarf with their normal school uniform which I think is 100% fine.
But we have to ask ourselves is it her who wants to wear more strict religious dress or is she being pressured into it by elders.

[edit on 18-3-2005 by UK Wizard]

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard
The reason for this being politically correct is because black pupils are allowed to wear braids. Whats the world coming to

- Schools all over the country have different 'codes' but are you saying this all happens at the same school?

Originally posted by stumason
Follows closely on the heels of that court order ALLOWING a muslim girl to wear what she wants to school, disregarding the school dress code.

- But if you read about the court ruling stu you'll see that the court actually stated that the school only lost on a proceedural technicality and they also went on to say that if the school took this into account they would be almost certain to win their case next time.

Unfortunately when it comes to the reporting of these things a lot of 'newspaper' people have a habit of not letting the facts get in the way of a good slanted story.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
- Schools all over the country have different 'codes' but are you saying this all happens at the same school?

Yes, thats why there is such fuss about it. It to do with culture apparntly.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Yes, thats why there is such fuss about it. It to do with culture apparntly.

- Hmmm, sorry I should have looked closely at the link.

What a stupid story.

Obviously the head/govenors who formulated this 'policy' are being ridiculous.

But let's not get too carried away with this.
One idiotic story does not a picture of 'British everyday normality' make.

This is merely the stupidity of a handful of people at a school, it is not law and I'd lay down cash money that it will be altered when the stupidity of this is exposed to enough people and brought before the attention of sane people in genuine authority in the schools 'system'.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
What a stupid story.

and why?

But let's not get too carried away with this.
One idiotic story does not a picture of 'British everyday normality' make.

But it is a prime example of what political correctness can achieve.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   

- Exactly. Head and govenors (ie including parents)
Maybe I'm being too hard about it but it strikes me as that typical blend of well meaning but laughably confused British busy-body boll*cks.

But it is a prime example of what political correctness can achieve.

- It's a prime example of a stupid story about people being stupid IMO, nothing more.

It's not law, no one ouside of this institution in wider society has been affected etc etc it is simply a sad example of dumb rules being applied in a dumb manner.

There's an example of gross stupidity every day of every week to be found somewhere and whether it hits the 'newspapers' or not usually just depends on whether it's a 'slow day/week' or not.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join