It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

open display of torture tools

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: Vicious1

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
Christianity is pretty sketchy and morbid.
Not only the torture tools but also the cannibalism.

The worst thing about the cross for me though is it’s basically an idol, the commandments are pretty straight forward on idols

No the cross is not an idol it’s a symbol.
Idols are worshiped, crosses are just worn, I don’t know any christians who worship a cross, not saying some don’t, but

What cannibalise, seriously are you saying that bread becomes Jesus, that’s infantile
When Catholics take communion, the communion wafer and the wine represent the body and blood of Christ. It's still a ritual of cannibalism no matter what you say.

Becalm your frazzled nerves poor boy, you are not the victim of this horrific cannabalism, quick count your fingers
It remains bread and water, it doesn’t really change, nobody dies or really eats dead people

There there calm down

It is then, ok
No the bread and water became a symbolization of the body and blood concept which is the cannibal act they ritualized.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: hiddeninsite

And I respect your belief. I just think the cross represents a negative expression. Dying on the cross.. But if you're able to make it into a positive then good for you.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
Christianity is pretty sketchy and morbid.
Not only the torture tools but also the cannibalism.

The worst thing about the cross for me though is it’s basically an idol, the commandments are pretty straight forward on idols

No the cross is not an idol it’s a symbol.
Idols are worshiped, crosses are just worn, I don’t know any christians who worship a cross, not saying some don’t, but

What cannibalise, seriously are you saying that bread becomes Jesus, that’s infantile
When Catholics take communion, the communion wafer and the wine represent the body and blood of Christ. It's still a ritual of cannibalism no matter what you say.

Becalm your frazzled nerves poor boy, you are not the victim of this horrific cannabalism, quick count your fingers
It remains bread and water, it doesn’t really change, nobody dies or really eats dead people

There there calm down

It is then, ok
No the bread and water became a symbolization of the body and blood concept which is the cannibal act they ritualized.

It was a simplistic way to convey the message that they no longer needed to sacrifice the perfect animal of their flock, eat the flesh and drink the blood to gain the graces of God. By His sacrifice, he stopped that practice, and he was telling them that instead, think of this bread as MY flesh, and think of this wine as MY blood (because I was the ultimate perfect sacrifice for you). Don't kill animals anymore to please God! Break bread and drink wine instead, and follow the teachings to ingratiate yourself before God.

And, I am agnostic and even I understand the symbolism and reasons for Him to even have to tell these people at the time.

edit on 7/13/2019 by Krakatoa because: fixed spelling errors

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

The Bible tells me to worship Jesus, God, the Holy Spirit, not the cross. I thought I had made it clear of my own personal take on it - I don't have crosses in my home of any sort. Not on purpose, I just don't feel the need to have a symbol to proclaim my faith. My personal walk and talk is how I represent Jesus and how I show my love for him.

However, for many Christians it is a vital symbol, and it represents the nature of what Jesus did for mankind.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Thats why I put it in the rant. I hear the arguments and the desperate intentions to justify it. Doesn't change the fact!

You guys are trying to argue for a torture tool how cool is that Christianity?

"Jesus willingly gave up his life for humanity,.... his act of sacrifice."
And I thought suicide is a big No-No

Or was he forced?

You all have been fooled but feelings because i don't UNDER-stand.

Get a grip!
Christianity is not what it's posing as!

No Clue

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Wow what a gain they stopped sacrificing animals!
Amazing! Why aren't Christian's vegetarian?

What about the wars fought in the name of god? Aren't they sacrifices?

Still No Clue

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: NoClue

It is a symbol of gruesome torture and a reminder to those who believe the sacrifice Jesus made so that we can have salvation.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: JimD350

Why did he had to sacrifice himself for you to have salvation?

If he would have died of old age there wouldn't be any salvation?

What god sacrifices his own son?

Didn't jesus gave all the tools for salvation in his teachings?

Still No Clue

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

It wasn't suicide. He was the ultimate sacrifice because he took on all of mankind's sins and became the bridge to Father God. If one chooses to accept Jesus as their Lord and Saviour then one has full privilege to stand before God in righteousness (meaning God no longer sees the sin in us because Jesus absorbed all that sin on our behalf). Sin cannot stand before God as it is unworthy/unclean/not of God. I am trying to explain in terms that will make it easier for you (anyone else) to understand easier and clearly.

Jesus did not want to die, he prayed to God to “take this cup from me”.
New International Version
"Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done." Jesus willingly died for us, it was an act of love and it was an act of obedience to God. He was not forced because he did have free will. Because Jesus was perfect he was the ultimate and only sacrifice available and he did it for his love of us so that we could be joined with God.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoClue

Wow what a gain they stopped sacrificing animals!
Amazing! Why aren't Christian's vegetarian?

What about the wars fought in the name of god? Aren't they sacrifices?

Still No Clue

When you accept the fact that prior to this, in MANY religious around the world, the idea of sacrificing something or someone to "please the gods" was commonplace. In this instance, He said, enough of that, I am the last sacrifice, don't kill anything anymore to "please God", just break bread together, drink some wine, and follow the peaceful teachings in order to please God.

It is when mankind itself decides what God wants (i.e. kill those people over there because they don't believe the same thing) is when it all goes to a stinking pile of poo. And, especially when different men/women decide upon different things that God wants, we get the crapshow that is known religion today.

As I said, I'm agnostic, and can see this for what it is....He tried, PEOPLE failed to listen.

(BTW: I capitalize He and Him out of respect for other's beliefs, not because I believe myself)

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

For being an agnostic you do a far better explanation of the love and purpose of Jesus than many Christians (not pointing to anyone who has participated on this thread by the way, just in lukewarm Christians).

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: hiddeninsite

For being an agnostic you do a far better explanation of the love and purpose of Jesus than many Christians (not pointing to anyone who has participated on this thread by the way, just in lukewarm Christians).

Thanks, that is because I have many Christian friends that actually will talk to me, in a conversation, because I listen. And, I also respect their decision to believe, as they respect my decision not to believe (hence the proper capitalization). Mutual respect goes a long way toward understanding each other's positions. I don't attempt to force or disparage their beliefs, and they respond in kind to my decision not to believe in what they do.

Too bad our government could not learn that lesson. I'm sure it would result in a lot less people suffering across the entire United States.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I agree. A belief cannot be forced, and should never be forced. And I am always interested to learn about other faiths, even though I choose not to accept it as mine. So yes, respect, good listening skills and the freedom to debate or discuss between each other is always the way to go. I believe as you do as well.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Is This god of yours openly demanding sacrifices?

Or was he sacrificed to another god?

Obedience...not forced... willingly died for us... Definitely not suicide but a willing sacrifice? Who killed him and was the killer obedient to god as well?

If not for Jesus we would still be sacrificing worldly stuff to please your god? Is that what your trying to say?

Honestly No Clue

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoClue
a reply to: KansasGirl

Thats why I put it in the rant. I hear the arguments and the desperate intentions to justify it. Doesn't change the fact!

You guys are trying to argue for a torture tool how cool is that Christianity?

"Jesus willingly gave up his life for humanity,.... his act of sacrifice."
And I thought suicide is a big No-No

Or was he forced?

You all have been fooled but feelings because i don't UNDER-stand.

Get a grip!
Christianity is not what it's posing as!

No Clue

You are being an idiot on purpose, and you know it. For example, are you really suggesting that Jesus committed suicide because he willingly allowed himself to be crucified? I hope you are just pretending to be completely obtuse here, because if you aren't, then you have some developmental issues maybe, with your brain, and probably shouldn't be on these boards. You are not as stupid as you are making yourself appear to be. You're making yourself appear to be developmentally challenged on purpose, in the service of criticizing or making fun of Christinity. It's a free country, go for it.

"Christianity is not what it's posing as!" No, Christianity is not what YOU want us to think it is "posing as." You are refusing to understand the cross so that you can insult and make fun of those who do understand it, and also so that you can feel like you are better than those who believe in Jesus. I get it. If you take an honest look at your motives with this thread and your replies, you'll see it.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

This god of mine isn't just my god, he is anyone's god that wishes to accept him as their father.

I could answer your questions but I am quite sure you are asking in a snide and hateful way and not really interested.

Let me know if we can continue to discuss this or if you intend on continuing to move forward in what I am feeling is intense anger.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   
It is in the rant after all!

It appears there's only personal insult left if one doesn't UNDER-stand!

I have accepted the father, the mother, the sun, the earth, the moon, the planets, the galaxies, and this universe as a whole. But I'm not understanding any of them! see it is my God as well!
of all the gods i have met the father is rather unpleasant and has way to much power over this sphere!
Although there are worse but luckily they have little to no say arround here!

You all are aware that the god of Christianity is just a deification of the sun...

I say the stupidity award winner in this thread is still up for debate.

Sincerely No Clue
edit on 14/7/2019 by NoClue because: sun cult

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   

It is your rant and you're entitled to think, believe and rant as you wish. However, you are trying to push buttons and antagonize people. The Bible also says, "Matthew 7:6 New King James Version (NKJV)
6 “Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces."

Take care.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I had to look up antagonize

What's that shiny red button, going to do?
I'm not responsible for people and their buttons, even less for their wiring!

Unfortunately dealing with polar mindsets demands going into the opposite polarity, if you want to dance!

While dancing you might find balance and even harmony. although harmony asks both to be able to move their point of view

I'm trying my best here

Still No Clue
edit on 14/7/2019 by NoClue because: Buttons

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Hugs to you. I may be back. Time for Amazing Race. Ha!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join