It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

open display of torture tools

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: NoClue

We choose the cross because it represents life, death is glorious, death is to go home, God is heaven, heaven is rest, peace and relationship

Yes I do know why I go to church
Sounds like you don’t, why not just ask than assume you know

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: danbuter
So many edgy anti-Christians who call themselves "atheists". Meanwhile, they won't say anything mean about Islam, and usually will do their best to defend it.

Not all of us.

Cults will be cults, and I will say so, especially when they hide under the umbrella of religion.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Do you guys even know what your actually doing when going to church?
The body of Christ is the church not a building you go to. So going to church is just that going to a building. A good book on this is the open church by runtz.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

The cross is a pagan symbol that was stolen borrowed by Christians. Emperor Constantine started it all. The Scriptures also forbid all forms of idolatry and Jesus did not die on a cross, despite what many believe.

The Greek word generally translated “cross” is stau·rosʹ. It basically means “an upright pale or stake.”

Really, prove Jesus didn’t die on a cross.

Really? How could I prove or disprove the method of execution used on a man who did not exist?

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I think the point is, if jesus was willing to die on the cross for our sins, then we can surely stop saying bad words and littering.

It's only fair if us.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck
Do you guys even know what your actually doing when going to church?
The body of Christ is the church not a building you go to. So going to church is just that going to a building. A good book on this is the open church by runtz.

huh? the bread is a symbolic recreation of the time ol' hezeus said "take this, this is my body, now eat me." as he gave them some naan bread, and then continued "take this, this is my blood, a cheap lambrusco but at $10 for 4 litres you can't really complain."

The church is the house of god.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

The peace symbol is an upside down cross with the ars broken down, it’s anti Christian

a reply to: ganjoa

What's the Peace Symbol supposed to be, Saint Peter hung upside down? Or is it the Mercedes badge with an extra line?

It's actually semaphore for Nuclear Disarmament.

The modern peace sign was designed by Gerald Holtom for the British Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament in 1958. The vertical line in the center represents the flag semaphore signal for the letter D, and the downward lines on either side represent the semaphore signal for the letter N. “N” and “D”, for nuclear disarmament, enclosed in a circle.

Source
edit on 13-7-2019 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: gallop

No the body of Christ is His church and His bride. The church is not a building.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

How am i on the Christian side of it?

Aren't all religions based of deifications of spheres? What does the moon has to do with Christianity?

"Six of one, half a dozen of the other.." No clue what you meant here!

Unless you said it needs 2 to tango or something along the lines, but i wouldn't understand the context either?

NC

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

The peace symbol is an upside down cross with the ars broken down, it’s anti Christian

a reply to: ganjoa

What's the Peace Symbol supposed to be, Saint Peter hung upside down? Or is it the Mercedes badge with an extra line?

It's actually semaphore for Nuclear Disarmament.

The modern peace sign was designed by Gerald Holtom for the British Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament in 1958. The vertical line in the center represents the flag semaphore signal for the letter D, and the downward lines on either side represent the semaphore signal for the letter N. “N” and “D”, for nuclear disarmament, enclosed in a circle.

Source

Thank you, that’s very interesting and valid
But
www.gotquestions.org...
A little more, not arguing, I appreciate the education you provided, I stand corrected

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Aren't all religions based of deifications of spheres? What does the moon has to do with Christianity?

The moon is worshiped in the old mid eastern religions, pre islam.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
Christianity is pretty sketchy and morbid.
Not only the torture tools but also the cannibalism.

The worst thing about the cross for me though is it’s basically an idol, the commandments are pretty straight forward on idols
I for one agree with you. I was thinking the same things.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   

The cross is a pagan symbol that was stolen borrowed by Christians. Emperor Constantine started it all. The Scriptures also forbid all forms of idolatry and Jesus did not die on a cross, despite what many believe.

The Greek word generally translated “cross” is stau·rosʹ. It basically means “an upright pale or stake.”

Really, prove Jesus didn’t die on a cross.

Really? How could I prove or disprove the method of execution used on a man who did not exist?

Really, really
Do you know how set up I’d your comment on Jesus dying on a post instead of a cross become all of a sudden
You don’t believe any of it but argue it was a post not a cross, that is just sod umbrellas

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   
hezeus said
reply to: gallop

What is He now Hispanic?

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
Christianity is pretty sketchy and morbid.
Not only the torture tools but also the cannibalism.

The worst thing about the cross for me though is it’s basically an idol, the commandments are pretty straight forward on idols

No the cross is not an idol it’s a symbol.
Idols are worshiped, crosses are just worn, I don’t know any christians who worship a cross, not saying some don’t, but

What cannibalise, seriously are you saying that bread becomes Jesus, that’s infantile
When Catholics take communion, the communion wafer and the wine represent the body and blood of Christ. It's still a ritual of cannibalism no matter what you say.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   

a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Humm it seem awful funny that the world counts time from before and after the cross. So I guess the whole world is believing a lie in your eyes from a man who did not exist.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Because his death on the cross is what liberates humanity from death. Spiritual death and eventual "permanent" death, because Christians believe that one day Jesus will return and raise from the dead all who believed in him, to eternal life in Paradise.

So to Christians, the cross is the symbol of how much God loves us; that He sent his son, Jesus, to be put to death on the cross for us, so that we all might be saved and made members of His kingdom.
edit on 13-7-2019 by KansasGirl because: corrected the stupid autocorrect

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Thank you thats very interesting and valid, this as well

NC

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Vicious1

It's still a ritual of cannibalism no matter what you say.

So , you believe what you want to believe even after you are told different ?
The penultimate definition of ignorance.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoClue
a reply to: Bluntone22

How am i on the Christian side of it?

"Six of one, half a dozen of the other.." No clue what you meant here!

Unless you said it needs 2 to tango or something along the lines, but i wouldn't understand the context either?

NC

Gotcha..

By the Christian side in meant specifically the cross you mentioned in the original post and I was saying every religion has their symbols.

Saying one moon god or the other is just a generic term for propping up something for religions to worship.
Jesus,
Mohammed,
Betsy the cow,
Tchulu,
Etc..

Six of one, half a dozen of the other is a term meaning it doesn't make much difference or that it's the same thing no matter what you choose.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join