It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roger Waters - The Wall (Live)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   
In 2011 at the O2 arena in London I witnessed a spectacle the likes of which I'd never seen before and have not seen since , a veteran of hundreds of gigs and many festivals that night in London has seared itself into my memory as the most awesome of all the awesome I've seen , from the explosive intro to the falling of the wall at the end I was transfixed by what was before me .... Pure awesome.

For my fellow music fans I present this video of Roger Waters the Wall live so you to can bathe in some of the awesome that was presented to me that night.

Happy Saturday.

edit on 13-7-2019 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Yep, well, owe ya there my brother.......

I was the producer in charge kinda guy at live at pompei.....

Love that video of yours I'm fix in to watch , I bet

Pompei....I saw the video, anyway....did I embellish too much!!..in line 2 up there

edit on 13-7-2019 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

edit on 13-7-2019 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

I was the producer in charge kinda guy at live at pompei.....

My hat is tipped to you Sir.

edit on 13-7-2019 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Saw the wall in berlin and in munich. Mindblowing. And i was at the concert 1990 in berlin but sadly the sound was #ty. 500.000 people. A hell of a experience.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

You were there? For me one of the greatest concert movies ever made!

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Waters can sure tell a story. it took me years to combine the wall, with the Final Cut, and understand the timeline and the changes that were going on with the character. As my signature states, the most profound epiphany that occurs just before certain death, is that we are all the same. If only we could realize that before the end......

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Forty years later, 'The Wall' still remains relevant, if not MORE relevant than in 1979. The bold fascist opening continues to startle before rewinding to Pink's birth and tracing the causes of his ultimate downfall.

I hold the darker but underrated 'The Final Cut' (1983) in the same light - even though grumpy Dave Gilmore unfairly dismisses it as mostly discarded tracks from 'The Wall'. Ironically, the excellent '"When The Tigers Broke Free' track from TFC was re-threaded into its 'parent album' via Alan Parker's 1982 movie. Can't imagine 'The Wall' without it now.

Did Waters need Gilmore or vice-versa? I think the Waters-free Floyd albums, Gilmore's solo work, and Waters' variable solo albums proved that they needed each other. 'The Wall' is cheekily regarded by some as Waters' first solo album in all but name (TFC even more so), but the influences of Gilmore and the others were absolutely crucial in creating that particular Hard/Soft ambience that neither Waters nor the Water-less Floyd ever regained after the big split.

PS: Sorry, some irrelevant waffle there. Got carried away.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Amazing performance!

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I might as well say it......in the Air Force....

Drafted in 72, the first thing when fresh outta basic.....some place called Denver.....they have mtns there......1973 came that album.....

It took us soldiers.....away......smash album,

Smashed us living Viet Nam.....fugging Viet Nam, yeah....

Dark side of the moon was a safer place than where Charlie was shooting 6 foot hand held rockets at the base Tak Li

edit on 13-7-2019 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I love Floyd and enjoy his solo albums but Roger Waters cannot sing anymore. To the best of my knowledge, every time I have seen any footage of him performing, he was either obviously lip synching or he didn't bother trying to fake it because the audience was so happy to see anything Floyd related they didn't even notice his vocals were barely more than whispered croaks.

As near as I can tell, he hasn't been able to sing much of anything since about the time Amused To Death was first out. Or maybe the early 2000s. He definitely faked some of the high parts on his DVD concert he released sometime in the early 2000s (The high part in Every Stranger's Eyes sounds exactly like the album, for example).

But yeah. I have seen some of the footage of his recent "Roger Waters Doesn't Like Donald Trump At ALL!" concerts and although I think it's fine for artists to do it, I think maybe he kind of just embarrassed himself. He's not wrong about Trump but I think he was a bit OTT with it.

It was very much to his detriment that he and Dave Gilmour did not reform Pink Floyd after the Live 8 concert because they definitely needed one another (Waters probably needed Gilmour more than Gilmour needed Waters though). Waters was the brains of the operation and Gilmour was definitely the voice and guitar. And more importantly, Gilmour's voice didn't degrade significantly until very recently.
edit on 13-7-2019 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

If this had been a real Pink Floyd tour (even without Wright) you wouldn't have to inform people that it happened.
edit on 13-7-2019 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Oh, and The Final Cut was a better album (IMO) than The Wall. Even though it was basically a Roger Waters Solo album with the rest of Pink Floyd as a backing band.

join