It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

80-mile-wide swarm of ladybugs shows up on National Weather Service radar!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Wow as an after recent earthquake event these good guys show up over San Diego! So what are they following and where are they going? These guys will protect plants and trees from aphids.

Ladybugs with Video

The large echo showing up on SoCal radar this evening is not precipitation, but actually a cloud of lady bugs termed a "bloom" #CAwx pic.twitter.com/1C0rt0in6z — NWS San Diego (@NWSSanDiego) June 5, 2019 It wasn’t immediately known what type of ladybug was causing the phenomenon. The Times says one species, adult convergent lady beetles, mate and migrate from the Sierra Nevada to valley areas where they eat aphids and lay eggs.

edit on 13-7-2019 by Waterglass because: typo

This is how RT Today ran the story [wink, wink]

RT Today
edit on 13-7-2019 by Waterglass because: added

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

These guys will protect plants and trees from aphids.

And have one freakin vicious bite.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
Wow as an after recent earthquake event these good guys show up over San Diego!

That happened more than one month ago.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I wonder if they are the red ones or the orange ones. The Orange ones bite pretty hard. Never knowingly have been bit by a red one. I guess the Orange ones were brought here to kill off some kind of bug that was causing problems or something. I suppose it has to bite to kill the bugs. They hurt, it used to be nice when you didn't have to worry about Lady bugs hurting you. The orange lady bugs must have something to do with Woman's lib groups.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

Wow as an after recent earthquake event these good guys show up over San Diego!

That happened more than one month ago.

Happens around my house constantly.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I wonder if they are the red ones or the orange ones. The Orange ones bite pretty hard. Never knowingly have been bit by a red one. I guess the Orange ones were brought here to kill off some kind of bug that was causing problems or something. I suppose it has to bite to kill the bugs. They hurt, it used to be nice when you didn't have to worry about Lady bugs hurting you. The orange lady bugs must have something to do with Woman's lib groups.

The ones that bite are Japanese imports designed to rid the US of aphids.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

The Japanese are still holding a grudge because of nuking them, they made scientific evidence so that we would ask to buy those lady bugs so people would fear getting bitten by them.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

The Japanese are still holding a grudge because of nuking them, they made scientific evidence so that we would ask to buy those lady bugs so people would fear getting bitten by them.

Remember , they also gave us kudzu for the cattle to eat.
Unfortunately cattle refused to eat the stuff.
The US needs to learn the old saying "careful what you ask for , you may just get it"

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

So what? It was of significance and it was reported out on ATS. Also Earthquake tremors have been going on for months along with a Buoy ping back in May yet they fly onward.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

And have one freakin vicious bite

Yes they do! Ever been bitten by Fire Ants? They got me in Georgia. Over 50 bites. I jumped into the pool as the salt water and / or chlorine will detox the bites if submerged for 30+ minutes. Otherwise about 3 years of scars.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   

So what?

The way it was written it sounded like it had just happened, that's why I thought it was a good idea to point to that fact.

Also Earthquake tremors have been going on for months along with a Buoy ping back in May yet they fly onward.

In some areas earthquakes happen almost daily.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   

And have one freakin vicious bite

Yes they do! Ever been bitten by Fire Ants? They got me in Georgia. Over 50 bites. I jumped into the pool as the salt water and / or chlorine will detox the bites if submerged for 30+ minutes. Otherwise about 3 years of scars.

I have lived in Georgia all my life.(yes , I am old)
So have a great part of all my ancestors back to the beginning
So , yes , I have had the dubious honor more than once.
The worst case is to run over an ant hill with the push mower and not know it .
There is a reason we call em "piss ants"

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

You are correct as when I posted it I thought it just happened. That's what happened to me post stroke in 2009 as my brain will sometimes misinterpret numbers. I used to play the stock market and made $100,000's. Then in 2014 I made a play on Natural Gas Futures on a 3X ETF and I misread the numbers. Lost $30,000 over several months. I will never play the market again as I cant trust myself. That's on me as yes I did fook up. The way articles are posted today one has to examine each like a lawyer. To me 80 miles of ladybugs is still a big story. Whats even bigger is that they still migrated into a regions that had many tremors along with two majors in a rural area. So if the bugs cant tell can we? Even with buoy pings and other devices.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I had a hill that I planted over 600 Loblolly pine seedlings. Even with boots I cant feel those fire ants crawling on me. Its only after they start biting and feel the fire. then its too late. I also stepped into an leaf covered abandoned Armadillo hole and tore my meniscus in 2016. They are pains in arse also. I used to buy tennis balls and put a dixie dynamite M80 inside one and roll it into the Armadillo Holes. Crimson Tide!!

new topics

top topics

join