It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Habitable Exoplanet Hunting Project

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Hi all!

We are looking for more observatories and amateur astronomers who might want to join the project.

The Habitable Exoplanet Hunting Project is a worldwide network of amateur astronomers searching for new potentially habitable exoplanets. I am coordinating over 20 observatories located in 5 continents.

We are searching for habitable exoplanets around non-flare G, K and M-type stars located within 100 ly.

The stars we are monitoring already have known transiting exoplanets, but none of them are potentially habitable.

We are monitoring each star 24/7 for several months. By doing so, we believe that the chances of finding an exoplanet increase for particular targets. Moreover, we are focusing on stars closer than 100 light years because, on the one hand, the closest habitable exoplanets will be the first destinations of interstellar missions and, on the other, because very few nearby habitable exoplanets around G and K-type stars have been discovered: only 2 of them.

The number of potentially habitable exoplanets that we could discover is, in theory, around 25. This calculation was obtained by taking into account the number of non-flare stars within 100 light years and the percentage of them that should show transits in the habitable zone.

Each observatory observes the same star and, when the transit of a hypothetical habitable exoplanet becomes unlikely, we move to another star.

Within 100 light years, we only found 10 non-flare G, K and M-type stars with known transiting exoplanets not potentially habitable.

Big telescopes are not necessary, but CCD cameras with a resolution of at least 16 bits are advisable because we are searching for exoplanets that produce a change of brightness in the star of around 0.1%.

If you are interested, feel free to contact me.

More info: youtu.be...

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: alfa015

I know.......

We are stuck here on this one, by Devine Intention ....I think...got a lifetime of clues and truisms from Jesus actually

Helping me miraculously and then making me look like a hero instead of the struggle I am.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

And, it's rapture season

Can ya tell by the way teotwawki has appeared so close to us......with Iran and Syria doin what prophecy dictated long ago

We have a perfect match.

My reflector telescopes.....6 inchers.....too small,huh

I need to make a 20 inch....

We used to call them sidewalk telescopes

edit on 13-7-2019 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Why? Why would you or any other astronomer want to do this. We already know that there could be habitable planets out there right? But they are so far away that knowing where they are and using that information on a practical basis seems so far in the future that compiling a list at this point seems moot to me. That is unless we have secret tech that can make traveling there a viable project.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

there is a lot more then 25 out there! lol do I need a hunting permit cuz im good with a cook and catch of crab

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

That is unless we have secret tech that can make traveling there a viable project.

Just wait after 20 September we can look there for ourselves...

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

I"ve heard that 9-20 date bandied about else where. What is supposed to go down that day??

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

A bunch of nutcases storming Area 51 , like 670k for now .

But that's another story for another time like after the 20th of September

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

OH yea, no wonder I could not recall what it was. Much to do about nothing there I think. The idea though is interesting in that it is one more example of various ideas that single people and groups of people believe that might bring about some kind of change. KInda like our little ''pet'' revolution. ''Here is what will finally set all the truth free. Just ain't gonna happen I don't believe.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   

If they are going to hunt for habitable exoplanets, you have to wonder if they have already devised a means of reaching the places?

And I'm not talking about sending microprobes at a percentage of lightspeed nether.

Wormholes being consistent with the general theory of relativity, they might somehow have devised a means of generating such or have those in mind to reach other star systems.

All through travel through wormholes seems to be forbidden by the laws of physics.

Then there is the Albecurrie drive concept to consider, that seems to work on paper, can't imagine how we would produce a negative energy density or the required exotic matter to facilitate such density.

edit on 14-7-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Thanks for your answers!

Anybody interested in joining?

Btw I was recently interviewed by Tony Darnell from Deep Astronomy: www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

join