It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romans Made Up Jesus as Wartime Propaganda to Pacify Jews, US Scholar Claims

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   
To ALL:

Whether or not Jesus existed is irrelevant. What makes Jesus important is that there was a SEA CHANGE in European-Mediterranean religious beliefs during that era. The big question is - WHY? WHO caused it?

Look at the BIG PICTURE - The Romans, Greeks, Egyptians, Scythians, Hebrews, Celts, Cannanites, Vikings, etc, etc, had ALL practiced blood and human sacrifice for thousands of years. Every day in Rome an animal was sacrificed to the gods.

The gladiatorial games which were hugely popular all over the Roman empire began as human sacrifices when slaves were forced to fight to the death over their dead master. This practice became huge festivals of death. Mankind was ruled by a satanic death cult. They drank blood and sacrificed children, women and men.

Something caused a revolution against blood sacrifice.

The gladiatorial games were banned by Constantine, the first Christian emperor.

The seers and witches who were highly paid for omens based on the steaming entrails of animals. Shut down.

The hundreds of thousands of priests, acolytes and prostitutes, an entire caste living off the public, based on blood sacrifice to the gods. Thrown out.

The farmers who sold the animals for sacrifice and to the games. Ended.

The slave gladiator schools - shut down.

And so much more. It was a complete societal change. Women and children began to have rights. In old Rome a new born babe was placed at the father's feet. If he didn't pick it up, the the baby was thrown on a refuse pile to be torn apart by dogs.

SOMEONE triggered this huge sea change in Human Consciousness. WHO? HOW?

BTW - BUDDHA WAS SCYTHIAN. NOT ASIAN.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Drakon

I’m really not sure I would concede Christianity was less violent.... well atleast at any moment it held dominance..

I mean sure the very early roman Christians might not have been violent... or the romans killed the ones that were,,but from the second it was the dominant religion, that ship sailed..

But imho more importantly, that belief in a single , omnipotent being who’s plan powered creation, also came with complacency..

The more powerful a cultures god was, the less they try and change the world around them..

“If men were meant to fly, god would have given them wings..”

The Greeks believed their gods were super beatable.. hell they did it all the time..

So if an “act of god” struck, “screw Zeus... we are fixing this problem!!! “

And Greek innovation exploded.. hell... the whole world spent the next thousand years copying them..

The Romans took religion a hair more seriously, but not too much and tech slows a hair but stays strong.. because if you don’t like whatever gods plan.. screw him.. you can go take him on and maybe even will the day..

Christianity takes over and , “no need to face the bigger problems.. God’s got that.

Don’t like the out come?? Too bad so sad.. god is omnipresent/omnipotent so you are SOL on revenge or changing the plan.. ..”..

and what do you know??? CRASH...less than a century later..

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I've hit a wall, where if Jesus was originally a narrative construct, and not actually based of someone back then that it was ether Jews or Roman's that made him.

I do think he was originally made by the Hebrews , but then Rome adopted it. Thing is, is that there a few versions of him, which came from the polar opposite factions of the time.

Like the Talmud, depicting him more or less like a war liike, an was for zealous Jews, to Christian Judeoism being against Rome, where Rome an the Greek just happily tossed away their pantheons. And then there Gnostics which sound like a science fi/ anime book which is very much like Plato beliefs.
edit on 20-7-2019 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny and ALL:

I’m really not sure I would concede Christianity was less violent... I mean sure the very early roman Christians might not have been violent. but from the second it was the dominant religion, that ship sailed.. But imho more importantly, that belief in a single , omnipotent being who’s plan powered creation, also came with complacency.. The more powerful a cultures god was, the less they try and change the world around them.. “If men were meant to fly, god would have given them wings..”

You've got it reversed in terms of PAGAN FEAR OF THE GODS.

Can you imagine a great general like Alexandar the Great never made a move without sacrificing an animal first to read the omens in it steaming entrails.

Pagans were TERRIFIED of their Gods. Why else would brave warriors sacrifice animals and children. The Bible gives several instances of parents sacrificing their own children to Jehovah.

The Cannanites were infamous for child sacrifice to Molech.

When a Scythian king died 50 young men (not slaves) and 50 horses were sacrificed.

You've heard of the `BOG PEOPLE'? Their preserved bodies have been found in bogs from Britannia to Germany. They were young people sacrificed via the TRIPLE DEATH - strangulation - head bashed in - stabbed. Because dying wasn't enough to satisfy Pagan gods. The victim had to SUFFER.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny and ALL

The Greeks believed their gods were super beatable.. hell they did it all the time.. So if an “act of god” struck, “screw Zeus... we are fixing this problem!!! “ And Greek innovation exploded.. hell... the whole world spent the next thousand years copying them..

I am a fan of Greek culture. The Greeks pioneered representative government and built some nice buildings, the Parthenon etc. But the Egyptian pyramids had already been built 2,000 years BEFORE Greece existed. So no, the Greeks were not especially innovative. The way of life remained pretty much the same.

The Greeks were terrified of their gods. And they had so many bloodthirsty gods to pacify. The Greeks even had a temple to the `Unknown God' just so they didn't anger any gods by leaving a god out!

The Greeks held huge sacrifices in which they would sacrifice 500 animals at one time. At the festival to Goddess Athena everyone would buy a live piglet and throw it in a pit and leave them there to suffer and die slowly. (the Greeks didn't eat pork)

The Greeks were constantly going to temples and giving away fortunes to ask the gods for omens.

Then you had the God Dionysus - God of `Wine'. The mythologists and atheists have really cleaned up his act. The Greeks would go stark raving mad on the powerful drugs in the wine they drank.

They would bring young animals to the `Dionysia' - calves, puppies, goat kids, fawns. Then when they got hopped up enough they would perform OMOPHAGIA - EATING LIVE - in which they would tear these living animals apart limb from limb and eat them alive.

They were so stupid they thought that they were eating THE GOD and would gain his powers by doing these degenerate acts. And that's just one example of what went on in honor of the Wine God.

This sick cult was practiced all over the ancient world. The Romans also worshipped Dionysus.

No wonder ancient people embraced Christianity. They were freed from these sick degenerate cults.

BUT these vampiric cannibalistic cults are coming back to destroy Western civilization.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Which pagans??? Lol

The Athenians barely believed at all... the gods were just good luck charms basically.. and they sacrificed for just the same reason..

I don’t know what your kick with blood sacrifice is.. hell they usually are most of it..

I find the structural stuff way crazier..

1) Just the concept of “faith>works” sure is convenient for the powers that be... so why do they get to keep power even though outwardly they seem like trash???

Ahhh... they must be the most faithful person here on the inside!!!

...... nope they just paid enough boys with swords..

2) just the whole thought that belief in Jesus would trump everything else, is ridiculous... doubly so when comming from Judaism where it is works > faith..

3) the VAST structural differences between Christianity and Judaism..

I mean one is based on the other, right??

So did heaven and hell manifest at the crucifixion, or what???

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 01:18 AM
link   

A) From my understanding, none of Athenian educated believed in the gods..

B) just because your scared of a god, doesn’t mean you cannot beat them...

I am scared of Tyson, but maybe on just the right day, if he is drunk, slips and 90 years old I could beat him..

Well the Greek gods get drunk, slip and can and do get bested by mortals..

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 01:23 AM
link   

So if Christianity advanced civilization, then why did the Roman Empire fall less than a century after converting??

Paganism had a fairly steady technological incline across all sectors really for 1,500 years starting with the Bronze Age collapse...

Christianity just about lost the farm in one century..

Pagan Rome wouldn’t have spit on the “great heathen army”....

The whole event wouldn’t have even been recorded... it would have been “5,000 pirate barbarians went splat on some roman shieldwall..

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny

So if Christianity advanced civilization, then why did the Roman Empire fall less than a century after converting??

You bring up alot of points. I will get to some of them. First of all, The Roman Empire did NOT fall less than a century after converting to Christianity.

The Roman Empire lasted over 1,000 years AFTER converting to Christianity. Remember - Roman Emperor Constantine moved ROME to Constantinople approx 325AD. This was the SECOND ROME.

Constantinople was the richest city in Europe and all Christendom until it was conquered by the Muslim Turks in 1453AD and became Istanbul.

Constantinople had more colleges, hospitals and libraries than any city in the world. The Turks took care of that. They burned the great library of Constantinople. This is one of the reasons we have only 5% of the records from ancient times to draw from. The pagan Romans burned the great library of Alexandria is another reason. And the destruction of mankind's history still goes on today.

As for the original `Rome' only PAGAN Rome `fell'. Meaning it was sacked by barbarians. And maybe they had a right to sack it, since Rome had been sacking the ancient world for hundreds of years.

Think - 30% of Rome's population were SLAVES taken from Roman colonies. Many of the male slaves were CASTRATED. That was standard operating procedure.

Still `Rome' Italy continues right up to this day. But Constantinople has truly fallen. It is 98.5% Muslim. In the 1900s alone the Turks genocided over a million Christian Armenians, Greeks and Assyrians who had been living there 1,000 years.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

They got an imaginary person killed?

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Actually, the Romans burned a couple of library warehouses near the docks during Caesar's campaigns. Strabo visited it in around 20 AD.

At some point during the next couple of hundred years, funding was extensively cut so it was a shadow of its former self.

It was then burned again in the late 200s during an Imperial rebellion before it was extensively vandalised and damaged by Christians in the late 300s - which it never really recovered from.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

Actually, the Romans burned a couple of library warehouses near the docks during Caesar's campaigns. Strabo visited it in around 20 AD.

At some point during the next couple of hundred years, funding was extensively cut so it was a shadow of its former self.

It was then burned again in the late 200s during an Imperial rebellion before it was extensively vandalised and damaged by Christians in the late 300s - which it never really recovered from.

Ignorance is the cause

Corrects this behavior laughing

You say?

"The Past was Erased. The Erasure Forgotten. The Lie became Truth" - George Orwell

<< 6  7  8   >>

join