It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my take on religions

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

Well that settles it for me!

As long as you sit back and let god do the work.
As long as you don't pick-up a weapon in the name of God and charge at your perceived enemy i think it will be fine.

And so shouldn't the Muslims.

Or any of the deceived ones!

Wouldn't be the first time slaughter happens in the name of god!

Pretty shure this isn't what jesus nor Mohammed told us to do with our lives! Kill all others?

Keep that in mind and don't be deceived into someone's fatalistic war!

God is loving and caring and so are we if we choose to be!

How do you think shared realty gets created?

Honestly No Clue

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I suspect the underlying difficulty with religion is that you cannot convey spiritualism (non-dualism) to any level of mind (dualism). In doing so, turns spiritualism into something entirely different. That is why I personally prefer Buddhism. Buddhism does not teach "what is" but "whats not". So its a philosophy of negation that doesn't excite the brain into entertaining dogma, as much, as other religions.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend
I suspect the underlying difficulty with religion is that you cannot convey spiritualism (non-dualism) to any level of mind (dualism). In doing so, turns spiritualism into something entirely different. That is why I personally prefer Buddhism. Buddhism does not teach "what is" but "whats not". So its a philosophy of negation that doesn't excite the brain into entertaining dogma, as much, as other religions.

This is why I speak to them in parables: "Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand.
Matthew 13:13

The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it. John 1:5

But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised. 1 Corinthians 2;14

for they had not gained any insight from the incident of the loaves, but their heart was hardened. Marc 6;52

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I just thought I would share what I think is the reason why no one gets religion. And it's this.

Put simply as possible it turns out back in the first century AD the Jews managed to trigger a 2000 year top level Leviticus 26 curse. The curse is still running. But it also appears that the curse runs out by May of 2028 approximately.

This is a world that is cut off from the God of Abraham. It's quite abnormal. And until the situation rectifies itself you are not going to be able to understand him. To make any judgement on this or any God/god/eloheim etc. is impossible. You don't have all the facts.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

You know, I have been asking for greater wisdom and you just served it.

Thank You Out6of9Balance, I really needed that.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

The Bible is not as stupid as some might say. That's what I think of it.

You're welcome.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoClue
a reply to: CthruU

I can type one handed...

the emotions your expressing are more than enough for me to see where your coming from!

There is nothing of value between the sarcasm, it could be your emotions are blinding you!

I can't enlighten you! But you already know that do you?

I only have an advice!
Get out of duality! And by that i don't mean one step back but one step forward!

Take it or leave it!

But I suggest you don't engage me anymore it will only bring you down to my level and it's obviously doing you no good!

No Clue

I know something else your very good at one handed. (Guess what that is????)

I have expressed no emotions but as in the opening line of this post you will surely know when i have.

Your a fine one to talk about blindness....... NoClue?????

I doubt very much if at this stage you could even enlighten a candle??????

"I only have an advice!"

"Get out of duality! And by that" i DO mean take a very long hard look in the mirror.

"Take it or leave it"

"But i suggest you" DO "engage with me" as often as you can, that way i just might be able to steer you to a clearer path than "the emotions your expressing" are confirming your are on.

Peace "friend of mine" take a load off !

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

That is hilarious...

“The Bible predicted it all!!”

Lmao...

EVERY single testable claim the Bible makes has been debunked...

1) the earth was created in 7 days.

2 ) the earths oceans were created before the sun/stars.

3) all of humanity can from one family who incested us into existence 10,000 years ago..

4) the whole earth flooded..

5) the romans held a census that required you to return to your ancestors homeland..

And I could go on all day...

EVERY claim the Bible makes that can be checked, fails miserably.
edit on 14-7-2019 by JustJohnny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

This is why I speak to them in parables: "Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand.

The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it. John 1:5

But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised. 1 Corinthians 2;14

That works for those who understand what Jesus said about who the Spirit of God (Holy Spirit) is, but most on here do not. They want to mix all of the spirits they're listening to and call it the Holy Spirit and it doesn't work.

The light that shines in the darkness is Jesus, but most here don't want to listen to everything He had to say. They like his teachings, but they ignore what He had to say about himself and the role He plays in our relationship with God.

Anyone can claim to be spiritual, but those who deny Jesus have denied God without even realizing it. They've only created their own religions to suit themselves.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

Instead you evolved from a monkey.

Fantastic!

But not me, I didn't.

Good luck with that.

Bring on that jealousy and hatred.
edit on 14-7-2019 by Out6of9Balance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance

originally posted by: glend

for they had not gained any insight from the incident of the loaves, but their heart was hardened. Marc 6;52

You mean "although hearing they do not" LISTEN.

The light shines everywhere - but humanity does not comprehend it or chooses to ignore it.

"A natural man is" - pre programmed to ignore "the things of spirit of God" for he is ignorant/oblivious to them.

All a "natural man" needs to do is stay well away from all religious text, teachings/directions (including Buddhism) and practice love for fellow humanity, forgiveness, tolerance and empathy.

"For they had not gained any insight" from texts but rather where blinded by not seeing and remained deaf from hearing but not listening. If only they'd listen to their heart. Not their pre programmed brain.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Like a fiddle

Absolutely No Clue

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

EVERY single testable claim the Bible makes has been debunked...

1) the earth was created in 7 days.

2 ) the earths oceans were created before the sun/stars.

You haven't "debunked" anything.

1) If you had read the Bible, you would know that God lives outside of time and doesn't consider a "day" the same way we do.

2 Peter 3:5-8

5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

2) As for God creating the oceans before the sun and stars, the Bible tells us in Genesis 1 that the world was void and filled with water before he formed it. He separated the waters. The water was already there. Maybe you'll listen to something a little more scientific...

Half of Earth's water formed before the sun was born

www.sciencemag.org...

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   

"For they had not gained any insight" from texts but rather where blinded by not seeing and remained deaf from hearing but not listening. If only they'd listen to their heart. Not their pre programmed brain.

Jeremiah 17:9

9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

God knows everyone's hearts better than we understand our own. Our hearts and brains spend more time trying to justify our wants and desires (even when it comes to spiritual matters) than trying to decipher what's true. Just look at some of the irrational political stances that some people cling to, even when they're not to our best interest. Politicians pull on our heart strings to deceive us all of the time. We're easily deceived.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join