It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spying Technology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   
HI ATS!!!

Nearly 4am here in the UK so im thinking a little crazy right now. Buttttt who doesn't.

I'd like to hear people's opinions on whether they do it dont believe in technologies spying on us. Such as phome's listening to conversations etc.

Feel free to share experiences (if you have had any).

This is mainly a post for those that don't believe that happens, as I want to hear their reasoning behind this

And yes i do realise this is ATS and 90% of us are conspiracy theorists.

But they still doesnt stop me from trying to debate said topic.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: brandonforsyth11

Ha.....Samsung admitted their tv's were recording audio, but said NOT TO worry about them........only third parties had access to the info...........

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   
A general rule, to me, is that whatever the "average" citizen believes is happening is only a small percentage of what those that hold the actual power seek to obtain.

I believe just about all of it, it's frankly the logical outcome.

All the microphones, camera's, cookies, metadata. All of it's true purpose is malevolent, even though those that use it choose to believe its benevolent.

Plus or minus a percent or two, but even with that "error" it should still be blatantly obvious what camp it falls into.

Now, off to bed for you. Wake up relaxed and fresh....Pay your tv license to the propaganda gods and herald in your own demise like a good "citizen".
edit on 12-7-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   
What can a patriot do?

If you are in the UK, join your local pub football league and make connections so that you know who to bitch to when western society falls.

If you are in the US, join your local militia and make connections so you at least know a few patriots that value the freedoms instilled by the constitution so you can share some canned meat when western society falls while going out with a bang when the authoritarians come.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 10:28 PM
link   

If the capability to hear our conversations and look at our web activity and even see us through our phone and computer cameras is there- why WOULDNT they spy?

Whether it's the NSA or Google and the other mega corporations, they have no reason to NOT follow everything we do. The information they get from invading our privacy is like gold to these companies.

And since the public KNOWS this is happening, yet does nothing about it (no public outrage or demand for change or investigation or ANYTHING- in fact, people actually ASK to be spied on 24/7 when they voluntarily get an Alexa, etc), there is absolutely no reason for these pricks NOT to spy on us.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   
It's not spying anymore, it is surveillance. Oh wait...this is about the UK, maybe it is spying over there yet.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
It's not spying anymore, it is surveillance. Oh wait...this is about the UK, maybe it is spying over there yet.

The reality is that, whatever country it is, it's all voluntary. You seek it out and agree to it.

Humans, what a bunch of stupid animals.

ETA: Not directed at you specifically, but you get my drift.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 11:35 PM
link   

All our pictures are uploaded to government computers where facial recognition algorithms construct who-knows-who graphs.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Those with access to the eye that sees all can see all...

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I don't think they need to listen to your conversations. That would be more work than they need to do. With the internet, they can pretty much know what you're thinking just by following your browsing habits and feeding them into AI. I don't make any serious effort to conceal my internet surfing and I have noticed the internet often knows what I'm thinking better than I do. And I don't even use Facebook or any of that crap (which is a whole other can of worms if you like your privacy).

Most people are literally giving them their conversations in plain text simply by going out of their way to type what they have to say instead of making a voice call. I don't know who came up with the idea to sell the public on giving TPTB all their conversations in the most convenient format imaginable but it was obviously genius.

Try this experiment sometime. Record an hour's worth of your voice using 320 MP3 (Which admittedly isn't going to be the smallest possible file size but just for the sake of doing it) and check the file size. Once you've done that, type the same words into a text file and look at the file size on that. Once that is done, let's suppose you want to look for a specific word. Click the find button and type that word.
edit on 12-7-2019 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 12:09 AM
link   
It's not spying.

It's demographic research for targeted marketing.

I have friends that have an Alexa in their house (cue danger music)

They leave it off most of the time. It was off, and over lunch they were having a discussion about calling a few roofing companies to get estimates on replacing the roof on their house. Several hours later hubby goes online to check his email and a bunch of ads for local roofers pop up.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheTruthRocks
It's not spying.

It's demographic research for targeted marketing.

I have friends that have an Alexa in their house (cue danger music)

They leave it off most of the time. It was off, and over lunch they were having a discussion about calling a few roofing companies to get estimates on replacing the roof on their house. Several hours later hubby goes online to check his email and a bunch of ads for local roofers pop up.

I also notice that some of the youtubers I follow are very tuned into the things I research. On youtube and even on Amazon. If I search for anything on youtube (especially) and even on Amazon (often) I can almost be certain that someone I am subscribed to will make a video about that exact thing within a week. There's one guy I'm subscribed to who makes videos about stuff I search for within a day. It's kinda scary actually. LOL I wish it was paranoia but it's happened too many times to be coincidence.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 01:19 AM
link   

I bought a brand new Samsung 4K tv when they first came out.
It was also voice activated.
I would walk in the house say something to the dog and suddenly the tv would turn on.

About 3 months later there was a news article about Samsung listening in on people's conversations and those convos being sent around the internet.
Thankfully there’s an option to turn off the voice commands.
So they can still listen to us, but the tv won’t do anything when we tell it to.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I am more concerend with commercial spying. Smartphone apps, Google, Apple etc. They will have cradle to grave profiles on us. That's crap.
edit on 13/7/2019 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

speak for yourself, None of my pictures ever show a face. But then I am older than ya'll.

I knew all about this back in the 90's

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati
a reply to: dfnj2015

speak for yourself, None of my pictures ever show a face. But then I am older than ya'll.

I knew all about this back in the 90's

I'm actually surprised people share personal photos so freely online. It's pretty short-sighted. Technology is always evolving and it might not be too long before the average idiot can take a few pictures and voice samples of someone and set them up for something they had nothing to do with.

I don't think people really understand what they're doing by just publishing everything.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 01:03 AM
link   
It's all in your guys' heads...

Government voyeurism is not a new thing; it's just easier to do via today's technology.
edit on 14-7-2019 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kromlech
It's all in your guys' heads...

Government voyeurism is not a new thing; it's just easier to do via today's technology.

These three points are incongruent.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: brandonforsyth11
HI ATS!!!

Nearly 4am here in the UK so im thinking a little crazy right now. Buttttt who doesn't.

I'd like to hear people's opinions on whether they do it dont believe in technologies spying on us. Such as phome's listening to conversations etc.

Feel free to share experiences (if you have had any).

This is mainly a post for those that don't believe that happens, as I want to hear their reasoning behind this

And yes i do realise this is ATS and 90% of us are conspiracy theorists.

But they still doesnt stop me from trying to debate said topic.

Goes further than that, I'm afraid.

Internet history, probably even real-time video of smartphone screens themselves. Emails, text messages, app data, general phone data, cameras etc.

Smartphones are more spying devices than devices of personal entertainment and whatnot...

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
I am more concerend with commercial spying. Smartphone apps, Google, Apple etc. They will have cradle to grave profiles on us. That's crap.

I'm more concerned with random civilians spying on people to be perfectly honest. Nobody knows why random civilians would spy on each other, but for whatever reason, that is way more concerning than a "government agency" or a "company" spying on citizens. In my experience, it has been civilians spying on each other as opposed to an "official government agency"...

join