It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former ICE Director Homan Completely Owns AOC At Congressional Hearing

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I wouldn't want him near potential health hazards either. Who knows what they have. The soap comment was for people there for short times.

Maybe if Democrats didn't Stonewall funding there would have been more supplies.

They loved it because they got political points when all they had to do was authorize funding and clauses for it to go to that.

Let's get Democrats to authorize funding for more judges to get these cases done fast and send them on.

What have Democrats offered to solve the problems you talk about?
edit on 15-7-2019 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Hmm. There seems to be a lot of adoptable kids in my state's foster care system, you can give them a trial run, and it's much more affordable and comes with extra perks. And as an added bonus, you ain't placing your desire to be a parent above the safety of a baby by having them smuggled along this long journey that you all are so quick to point out is so dangerous. I mean, it the actual parents are proving to you that they are unfit by making the journey to escape the dangerous conditions in their home country just how much more unfit would a wannabe parent in the states be to arrange for a child to be transported to them?
Na, it's more realistic to assume that the parent or other trusted family member is being transported with the very young children.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Um ya, the dems were offering over 500 million for immigration judges back in January. Don't know if it went through or if the deal fell through because they weren't including the money trump wanted for his wall. But it seems they didn't have a problem with more money for judges.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   

NYT and liberal media lie so much I wouldn't trust a word they say. Just in case, we need to get those Dems to increase funding for courts so they can get a speedy trial date. Set them up right at the border.

Pfff. Way too much assumptions for my taste, I'll go with Occham's Razor instead. You should look that up!

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   

It doesn't matter how many were babies or toddlers or preschoolers. You stated "children." That covers all of them.

The point is that child trafficking is not only extant, it is fairly widespread among asylum claimants with children.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Not in the post that offended you so much. It has babies, and mentions lactating mothers the traffickers seem to have on call to make the journey into the states pretending to be their mommies. Which sounds so unlikely that I could have said that most of the gun owners were just as likely to go off the deep end and start shooting up schools and still couldn't have sounded more insane.
They're breastfed babies accompanied by lactating women and I doubt very much any of them them had the means to hire a nursemaid to accompany the baby. So it seems that is the two options you have, either the baby is with its mother, or the traffickers have their own nursemaids they've employed. Which is the more reasonable assumption? So, how many breastfed babies would we have to separate from their mothers and pawn off on a 8 or 9 year old to care for before before we hit the jackpot and found the one that the most insane trafficker in the world choose to be his get into the country free card??

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I never mentioned breastfed babies... that was all your little fantasy. The simple fact is that there are child traffickers coming across the border all day, every day, and the results if they go unstopped are literally horrendous.

You can keep twisting this all you want, but it is the truth. You want to have a conversation with me, keep up.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I might adopt a kid if the state wouldn't see fit to give me a virtual anal probing first and then stay all up in my business once they've decided I might be deemed possibly fit to parent.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 10:36 PM
link   

It's not a fantasy, they've been separating babies and toddlers from their mothers and just dropping the into cells with a bunch of other kids and informing one that they should take care of them. I ain't making it up. Lol, at least your child traffickers had enough sense to enlist the help of a nursemaid. We cant seem to even provide the means to wash out the baby bottles, let alone sterilize them. Nor are we providing food for the youngest ones that is suitable for their age. You've seen the pictures of the kids coming up through Mexico, did they seem to be clean looking to you? They didn't seem filthy to me. Why don't you read up on the conditions those lawyers found them in. And, I don't consider close to a month as being that short term. I imagine a babys bottle would get quite nasty within a week if it's not cleaned once in a while.
I also doubt that all those kids that are having these younger ones dropped on them know how to change a diaper or bottle feed a baby.
Just like I doubt if any traffickers would really want the hassle of having to deal with such thing. So you will have to come up with a better excuse as to why you think its necessary to remove the mother from them. The kids that are old enough to at least provide some care for themselves, ya, maybe. But I just don't buy it when it comes to babies and toddlers.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Well they have to make sure you ain't gonna exploit them!! Heck, you might be one of those human traffickers yourself!!

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Yes, it's a fantasy... just another way to try and get an argument over on someone without that argument even making sense. You really think bottle-fed babies are surviving being cared for by a 6-year old? That's a pure fantasy.

Let's see some evidence of these bottle-fed infants being separated from their mothers and forced onto a child. Give me a link. One link. I've given you several throughout this thread, now it's your turn. Or are you going to try to turn this around into something else like you did the insult you made to me?

I started this conversation thinking I was dealing with someone who was rational. I thought you actually gave a damn about children. Now I see that was my mistake: all you care about is insulting conservatives any way you can, be it exaggerated stories, made-up stories. or even random heinous allegations without a single shred of data. That is my impression of you right now. Wanna change it? Back something you said up. Until then, you are just another liar.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Not sure, but just like because of my age and health, I wouldn't go running to the nearest social service office to sign up to care for a foster kid that I am pretty sure I wouldn't be able to care for properly like a previous poster suggested, I don't think our govt should be taking custody of more kids than they can care for properly.
Any option available seems to be better than that one.
Pick them up and load them immediately onto a bus heading south back over the border if you like.

That's the thing you see. The Republicans are trying to get the Democrats to work with them and pass a law to allow our government to do just that but the Dems just keep shooting it down with their obstructionist bullst. So the government is bound by law to hold these people and then on top of that the Dems refuse to vote for more funding to relieve the crisis and then blame the Trump administration with their claims of abuse and inhumane acts. It's a big load of a political bull shhh game that the Dems are playing and it's causing innocent people distress unnecessarily.

What the Democrats want is to just let them all to flood into our country unimpeded. That would be absolutely disastrous for the working class in the U.S. making the poor even poorer. This is what the Dems want but this is NOT what the American citizens want.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Democrats won't let them keep them together. Trump tried to and he was told it was illegal.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 06:34 AM
link   

A Honduran woman says US border officials snatched her infant child while she was breastfeeding her at a detention centre in southern Texas.
Natalia Cornelio, an attorney with the Texas Civil Rights Project, told CNN the unnamed woman claimed in an interview that authorities had taken her daughter while the family was in custody.

www.independent.co.uk...

Ask your administration if they have the capacity, funds, and competence to care for said infants so that the kids don't have to? 6 kids died from neglect already, why should it be different this time? And how is anyone supposed to present said evidence when even senators can't get inside?

'I think it’s unacceptable that a member of Congress is not being admitted to see what is happening to children,' Senator Jeff Merkley says

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

A Honduran woman says US border officials snatched her infant child while she was breastfeeding her at a detention centre in southern Texas.
Natalia Cornelio, an attorney with the Texas Civil Rights Project, told CNN the unnamed woman claimed in an interview that authorities had taken her daughter while the family was in custody.

www.independent.co.uk...

Ask your administration if they have the capacity, funds, and competence to care for said infants so that the kids don't have to? 6 kids died from neglect already, why should it be different this time? And how is anyone supposed to present said evidence when even senators can't get inside?

'I think it’s unacceptable that a member of Congress is not being admitted to see what is happening to children,' Senator Jeff Merkley says

www.independent.co.uk...

Seriously, the proof is " a Honduran woman says"? Really?

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: KnoxMSP

No. The proof for a policy of neglect would be 6 dead kids. And the proof for the impossibility to provide what Redneck asked for, would be the senator who failed to deliver.

Which is why the whole "put up or shut up thing" just turned around to haunt rednecks with a conscience. Well. In case you have any left, of course.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: KnoxMSP

No. The proof for a policy of neglect would be 6 dead kids. And the proof for the impossibility to provide what Redneck asked for, would be the senator who failed to deliver.

Which is why the whole "put up or shut up thing" just turned around to haunt rednecks with a conscience. Well. In case you have any left, of course.
Are these 6 dead children reported by an agency that you can source?

I have searched and searched for current numbers reported by official agencies, and I cannot find the account of the number of child deaths by neglect. All I find are news agencies posting seconhand quotes from immigrants
Please quote your source for us. Not saying you are wrong, I am just looking for cold hard facts so we can fix this problem.
edit on 16-7-2019 by KnoxMSP because: Add

edit on 16-7-2019 by KnoxMSP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: surfinguru
There needs to be real immigration reform, not this crap we’re witnessing right now; provide a real path to citizenship that isn’t based on political platitudes and free handouts to reduce the incentive to come here illegally and then we can talk.

Depends...

There already is a 'path to Citizenship' for immigrants, but I absolutely agree that there should be zero eligibility for handouts (any form of welfare, period) for all immigrants until they have been Citizens for at least 7 years.

But if you're talking about a path for illegals... no way, no how, do not pass go, do not collect $200.

What needs to be fixed with respect to illegals that are already here is (off the top of my head, didn't think this through):

1. we need to have the ability to deport children with their parents

2. we need to abolish the entire concept of 'anchor babies'

3. any anchor baby who has not been a Citizen for more than 7 years should lose their Citizenship, but they are to re-apply the proper way

4. any and all people who are deported for crossing our border illegally automatically lose eligibility to ever apply for legal entry. They lose this privilege forever.

That should eliminate the vast majority of the illegal crossings.

Then, we need to make it a felony to cross the border illegally (anywhere other than an established, functioning port of entry), change the law so that we have the ability to deport people - including children - who cross our border illegally - immediately, then change the law that allows someone to claim asylum after crossing illegally, creating a special certification that BCP agents can undergo, giving them the power to hold special hearings in the field to vette people who crossed illegally for real, legitimate special case situations where asylum may be warranted, and these should require a minimum of 3 BCP agents to make a final determination.
edit on 16-7-2019 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
Heck charities would step in and buy the kid a tube, and probably a change of clothes and a warm blanket but they are refusing donations.

Source/citation, or I call BS.

Also, it is the radical Leftists that staged a walkout with Wayfair because they were going to sell them a bunch of beds.

Just like there's groups of pediatricians who are willing to go in and provide medical care like they did during previous administrations but they refused that help also.

Again, source/links/citations or I call BS.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
Funny how she forgets that they're BREAKING OUR LAWS when they attempt to cross the border ILLEGALLY,

The problem is, it is currently only a misdemeanor.

It needs to be made felony, with the punishment being immediate deportation (including children) and permanent loss of eligibility for applying for legal entry for all 16 yrs of age and older.
edit on 16-7-2019 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join