It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former ICE Director Homan Completely Owns AOC At Congressional Hearing

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
Tell me, so when they arrest someone for dwi and there's a child in the car, how long do you reckon that child spends locked up in a cell?

No, because that child is an American Citizen.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

You are probably just as unlikely to be shooting up a school as traffickers are to be swiping babies, transporting them through Mexico, and to top it off, have on hand lactating women to pretend to be mommy and breastfeed them!!

That is an insult.

I am NOT going to shoot up a school! We have actual proof, in the way of conviction upon conviction, that people from these Central American countries are trafficking children. I will thank you to NOT place the likelihood of me being such a despicable human in the same category with a group which contains known child traffickers!

And since when is a lactating mother required for a child over the age of one? Very few of these children are under the age of 3 or 4. Why in the world would you even condone a nursing mother dragging her newborn child across thousands of miles of inhospitable countryside and desert? Are you advocating for post-birth abortion? Because that is a death sentence for the child and likely for the mother!

Please either show where I have shown any tendency to shoot up a school or retract your hateful, deplorable rhetoric aimed at me.

We do have laws that dictate the quality of care out govt is to provide minors In their care also, including illegal immigrants, so, it seems we are already breaking the laws according to the reports I've been reading.

The US government is not a child care agency; I do not know where you got that. We did not voluntarily accept the responsibility for these children. We were forced into this situation by the DNC and you have been lied to by the MSM.

If 100,000 children were dropped off in any city orphanage in the country, conditions would be ten times worse.

No, I am reacting based on emotions.

I think you meant to put the word "not" in there, but it seems you are more accurate this way. I have explained the law to you, provided links to the US statutes, and even given excerpts so you didn't even have to click to see it. Yet you choose to ignore it. That is emotion, not logic.

We seem to be either unable or unwilling to provide adequate care for these people when they are in out custody. I don't really care which it is, or who is to blame for the mess. And when we have people going around screaming at our own citizens (sometimes native Americans who have more right to be here than most of us) to go back to their own country, I really don't think we are doing them much of a favor by taking them in.

Unable is the right word. We didn't ask for these children to be dropped off in our custody. The fact that we don't just toss them back across the border is testament to the fact that we are doing our best to care for them.

And exactly who is saying American Indians need to go back to their country? I happen to have a little Cherokee ancestry, and I have never been told that!

And by the way, children as young as some of these kids are aren't "bad" and they didn't knowingly commit any crime. Nor did they have the power to avoid being brought here.

Who exactly is saying any different?

Locking them and keeping them in the conditions that are being described for weeks, to months, is the worst possible option there is! Just giving then transport back to their country would not only be more humane but also probably cheaper. And, would probably be reduce the number making the journey here dwindle to nothing.

During the War of Northern Aggression, General (and war criminal) William Tecumseh Sherman would enter an area, burn the crops, kill any white folk that were too young or too old to fight, often allowing his soldiers to rape the women beforehand, destroy as many structures as possible, then leave the freed black slaves behind. With nothing to eat and no shelter available to them, they often tried to follow the Union army. Sherman ordered his men to burn all the bridges as they crossed them to stop this practice, leaving thousands of freed slaves to starve to death in his wake.

Your proposal is similar.

The countries these children come from are extremely poor and extremely corrupt. There is little to no aid for children available. Some are here with their parents; we just don't know who is with a parent and who is with a trafficker. You are suggesting that we take these children and simply what? Drop them off at a bus stop in Guatemala? With no food, no shelter, no adults, just here, you kids go play in traffic!

And you dare call anyone else a "monster"?

Where I come from a "monster" describes a person who has no sympathy at all for others as long as those others don't bother them, and actual anger for anyone who dares disagree with them. You have both attacked me viciously by insinuating that I am a school shooter, and demonstrated a complete lack of sympathy for children as long as they're not bothering you.

Check your mirror. I think I have been quite civil to you, and this is the way you return that civility...

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   

my guess is you're not seeing this as a logistical problem being plagued by a higher influx of border crossers. my guess is that you're not being objective.. my guess is that you aren't looking at the fact that when crossing the border illegally you are committing a crime and are now subject to that same legal system. my guess is that you didnt realize Border patrol arent funded to deal with this situation. my guess is you might have thought about the safety of your children and what could happen once in US Custody BEFORE crossing the border. my guess is that they should've gotten in line at their local embassy like my grandparents did with their children in tow BEFORE they entered the US. my guess is that if i broke into your house for a snack and a nap you'd kick me the # out! lmao but that's just my guess... i could be wrong. have an awesome day peepholes

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Read my statement again, you seem to be confused. And yes, breast feeding babies have been separated from their lactating mothers. And, it's insane to think that the human traffickers have a staff of lactating women on call to accompany a kidnapped baby through Mexico to our border. Just as insane, maybe more so, than it is to think that your average gun owner might go nuts and shot up a school. Point being, they aren't separating the kids because they are concerned about human trafficking.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody

Keep fighting the good fight, even if it feels like you're showing card tricks to a dog.

These people aren't even aware of how horrible they have become.

just wait till next year.....the right is just getting warmed up

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   

No, I am suggesting we drop them off with the adults they came with, might be a good idea to alert the officials they're on their way and ask them where they would like to recieve them.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: whosWatchingyou

Border patrol is not only not funded or equipped to deal with the children, they aren't really trained either. They signed up to patrol the border not play jailer to a bunch of kids. And, the more they are pushed into playing that role, the more reports of children being mistreated we are gonna see simply due to the growing frustration of trying to do a job they aren't equipped to do.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Read my statement again, you seem to be confused.

No, I'm not the one confused here. You are.

And yes, breast feeding babies have been separated from their lactating mothers.

Source, please? Not that I don't believe you, but... I don't believe you.

If that was some sort of apology, you frankly suck at it. You are trying to twist your argument so that it wasn't a direct insult, and I'm not buying it.

YOU ACCUSED ME OF WANTING TO SHOOT UP A SCHOOL.

Now either admit it or apologize.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

it's going to be brutal.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: whosWatchingyou

Border patrol is not only not funded or equipped to deal with the children, they aren't really trained either. They signed up to patrol the border not play jailer to a bunch of kids. And, the more they are pushed into playing that role, the more reports of children being mistreated we are gonna see simply due to the growing frustration of trying to do a job they aren't equipped to do.
I agree. We should have all the children be held in the offices of all members of Congress and maybe they will see the scope of their idiotic decisions.

Bet they legislate a solution in days.........

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Do you actually allow the law to dictate the direction of your moral compass?

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

No I didn't and no I won't apologize or admit that I did.
The chances of either condition is next to nill!

If I can find the time, I will try to hunt the sources mentioning the women wearing shirts stained by breastmilk because they were separated from their baby.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Lol. That might work!

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I am suggesting we drop them off with the adults they came with, might be a good idea to alert the officials they're on their way and ask them where they would like to recieve them.

Then you agree with Donald Trump.

That's what he's trying to do.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   

No I didn't and no I won't apologize or admit that I did.
The chances of either condition is next to nill!

ICE arrests nearly 2,000 human traffickers in 2016, identifies over 400 victims across the US

You, madam, are a liar.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Children as young as 7 and 8, many of them wearing clothes caked with snot and tears, are caring for infants they’ve just met, the lawyers said. Toddlers without diapers are relieving themselves in their pants. Teenage mothers are wearing clothes stained with breast milk.

www.nytimes.com...
www.alternet.org... n/

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion
NYT and liberal media lie so much I wouldn't trust a word they say.
Just in case, we need to get those Dems to increase funding for courts so they can get a speedy trial date. Set them up right at the border.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   

How many of thm are babies accompanied by lactating women? How many are toddlers in diapers who are screaming mommy, mommy as they are pulled out of their arms in what ever language they speak?
Unless they are selling babies, they would not choose such high maintenance children. And if they are selling babies, then the root of the problem rests with the wannabe parents in this country who are shunning the many kids here in the states who need a home and opting instead to arrange to have these kids delivered from so far away to them.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Or the problem is it costs $30k or more to adopt a baby.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

But the lawyers said basically the same thing under oath in front of a house committee the day before aoc testified and there a video of the court hearing where the govt lawyers were arguing about weather "safe and sanitary" included soap, toothbrushes, warmth, and sleep. Heck, Pence's security staff didn't even want him in the area that was holding the adult migrants in the one place he visited and then wouldn't let him stay in there more than a few minutes.

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join