It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former ICE Director Homan Completely Owns AOC At Congressional Hearing

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

you can now sue twitter and should contact your State AG and take screen shots

you wont the lottery......

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

My wife came here legally. She followed the law and waited to work until it was legal to do so.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

If you seek asylum from within the USA you cannot work.

Not exactly true...

An applicant must have special permission from the Attorney General to work legally, which is only available after 180 days of their filing. Otherwise, applicants for asylum are ineligible to work in the United States per 8 USC § 1158(d)(2):

An applicant for asylum is not entitled to employment authorization, but such authorization may be provided under regulation by the Attorney General. An applicant who is not otherwise eligible for employment authorization shall not be granted such authorization prior to 180 days after the date of filing of the application for asylum.

So while what you say is essentially true, there are some exceptions possible. They have to wait 6 months, however during which time they are all unable to legally work.

It's different for someone granted asylum. They are all eligible to work, per 8 USC § 1158(c):

Asylum status
    (1) In general In the case of an alien granted asylum under subsection (b), the Attorney General—

(A) shall not remove or return the alien to the alien’s country of nationality or, in the case of a person having no nationality, the country of the alien’s last habitual residence;

(B) shall authorize the alien to engage in employment in the United States and provide the alien with appropriate endorsement of that authorization; and

(C) may allow the alien to travel abroad with the prior consent of the Attorney General.
Notice that the prohibition against returning an alien to another country only applies to an alien granted asylum... not seeking it. We can nip that fallacious argument in the bud while we're here.

Just wanted to keep the record straight. Saying "I want asylum" is not an authorization to work... it's a prohibition against working for at least 6 months.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: xuenchen

Walls take time to build, especially when there's eminent domain and people who don't want their land taken from them.
How long has it taken to put up what we currently have? Have you ever taken the time to look how much has been appropriated for it compared to just how much has been actually paid out for a completed contract? If my understanding is right, most of the money has been set aside for projects that are either planned or maybe currently being worked on. Just sitting there, out of our reach, can't even use it to buy a kid a tube of toothpaste.
Heck charities would step in and buy the kid a tube, and probably a change of clothes and a warm blanket but they are refusing donations. Just like there's groups of pediatricians who are willing to go in and provide medical care like they did during previous administrations but they refused that help also.

The majority of border residents seem to be A-Okay with allowing the border wall to be built. Means they don't have to worry about illegal immigrants stealing from then in the night I guess.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Well, it's quite obvious we have a problem that we can't handle in a humane way at the moment and the result is that they are in worse conditions than they left. And while I don't believe that most of these kids are being exploited and not accompanied by a parent or close family member like so many want to claim if they are kidnapped kids or in some other way being exploited then it seems that the initial crime occurred in their home country and would need to be investigated and prosecuted there.
Wouldn't it.
Just announce to the world that we can't handle the number coming through, Mexico cant provide any sense of safety to those who are waiting to legally enter through a port of entry, and our system is literally collapsing under the weight of it, which is posing it's own dangers. So, for the time being, we will be just be sending them back.
We will reconsider our position once we revamp our system but right now, the system isnt working.
It's like the crazy lady I referred to that is picking up every stray and homeless cat that she runs across and ends up with a hundred or so in the tiny apartment she is living in even though she cant provide them with enough food or care for them. She might think she is helping the cats, but if they were left alone, they had the means and ability to find their own food, they probably had a warm place to sleep, they were capable of taking care of themselves and their kittens just fine. But when you decide they just need your help, take them home and confine them to the house you have made them quite dependent on you. You do that, and you have accepted the responsibility for their welfare.
I know, people are people, cats are cats but that just means the stakes are higher and we need to be more careful about not creating dependents that we are unable, or unwilling to provide for to begin with.
We can spend eternity arguing over weather we are unable or just unwilling but that doesn't change the basic premise I am making. A young child is unable to care for themselves and needs a caring adult. And a lot of these kids did come with a caring adult that was more than willing to play mommy. If we decide to remove that adult from their lives, we do put ourselves in the position where we need to either accept that responsibility ourselves or find someone capable to delegate that responsibility to. If we chose to lock people up in cells, well, those people probably could have managed to survive, feed themselves, ect if they were left alone. I mean, we have many homeless people living all over the place, diving in dumpsters behind grocery stores, or visiting soup kitchens. They're surviving, even those homeless families with kids.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   

a reply to: shawmanfromny

Tell me, so when they arrest someone for dwi and there's a child in the car, how long do you reckon that child spends locked up in a cell?? My guess is the child isnt locked up at all. My guess is one of the first things they ask the drunk is who would you like us to call to have come and get the kid. My guess is that once at the police station, they have one of the officers entertaining that kid till someone comes to pick them up and only in the worst cases where there is no one to call they call child protective to come and get the kid. My guess is that at no time are they locked up with a bunch of other kids of various ages and left for days or weeks or close to a month with little supervision. My guess is that if the kid is too young to take care of themselves, they aren't gonna dump the kid onto another kid to change the diapers, bottle feed, ect.
My guess is that the kid is gonna have a bed to sleep in, probably that same night!

Junk post from a junk poster.

According to you they should be able to call someone in el Salvador and have the child picked up before the night ends....

What a joke you and aoc are becoming!

Lolz
🤪

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

it's quite humorus you say these things dawnstar, President Trump basically said the same thing, 18 months ago.

the Democrats still call him a racists for it.

You are now a racists in the eyes of Democrats.

Welcome to the Republican party
edit on 13-7-2019 by thedigirati because: it feels good.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Democrats created this problem. Democrat groups are lying to these people and organizing the caravans. We just had a Dem. congresswoman say she is going to coach them on what to say.

Solution, we send them all the kids to their respective embassies and have them shipped out.

This is a problem created and perpetuated by Democrats for political points. It's disgusting. Over 1 million every year.
edit on 13-7-2019 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Two points to your post:

First, we are not bringing anyone here. We are telling them not to come. It's the DNC, the Democrats in Congress and the MSM, that are sending signals that coyotes use to convince them to spent their hard-earned life savings to come here, usually under false pretenses. The constant talk about "if you're seeking asylum you can't be deported" is twisted into "if you say you want asylum you can't be deported and you can be an American" by these coyotes. The constant complaints about we have to protect the children at all costs gets twisted into "grab a kid and take them with you and you get special treatment, too."

But the rhetoric keeps getting pushed, all because Donald Trump is President and certain people want him to look bad... it doesn't matter if children are mistreated, it doesn't matter if our border is overrun, it doesn't matter if children die... as long as it makes the President look bad.

And as long as you and others who think like you buy these cries from the DNC, they will keep making them and endangering children.

Second, we cannot simply allow potential child traffickers to roam the country unimpeded. It doesn't matter where they committed the crime; they are using the crime to break our laws. We have a duty to ensure that children are not being trafficked into our country illegally. To say otherwise is to show a total lack of concern for these children. If separating 1000 children from those they are with for a few months to check out their story saves one innocent child from a (short) life as a sex slave or worse, it's worth it.

But in general, yeah, I agree that the border situation is completely unsustainable. That's precisely why we need the wall. Had we gotten control of the border back in the 80s when Reagan tried to, we wouldn't be in this situation. But Congress refused to uphold their end of the deal they made with Reagan, just like they did with Trump. A wall, once built, is permanent and does not need special funding to operate as a barrier. Congress will have no way to screw up the system so easily by withholding funding. Even if they withhold funding, the wall still stands.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Do you have some magic wand that tells you who the parents are? What part of "undocumented" do you not understand? People that show up with their ID and child birth records aren't separated. People who can prove they have a relative or other place to go are released.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

She's not very good at her job.

Sure she is. Her job is to misrepresent everything, screw everybody, and take your money, all while pretending to be a benevolent force for the low-information crowd. How is she not doing that? She deserves a promotion...

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Two points to your post:

First, we are not bringing anyone here. We are telling them not to come. It's the DNC, the Democrats in Congress and the MSM, that are sending signals that coyotes use to convince them to spent their hard-earned life savings to come here, usually under false pretenses. The constant talk about "if you're seeking asylum you can't be deported" is twisted into "if you say you want asylum you can't be deported and you can be an American" by these coyotes. The constant complaints about we have to protect the children at all costs gets twisted into "grab a kid and take them with you and you get special treatment, too."

But the rhetoric keeps getting pushed, all because Donald Trump is President and certain people want him to look bad... it doesn't matter if children are mistreated, it doesn't matter if our border is overrun, it doesn't matter if children die... as long as it makes the President look bad.

And as long as you and others who think like you buy these cries from the DNC, they will keep making them and endangering children.

Second, we cannot simply allow potential child traffickers to roam the country unimpeded. It doesn't matter where they committed the crime; they are using the crime to break our laws. We have a duty to ensure that children are not being trafficked into our country illegally. To say otherwise is to show a total lack of concern for these children. If separating 1000 children from those they are with for a few months to check out their story saves one innocent child from a (short) life as a sex slave or worse, it's worth it.

But in general, yeah, I agree that the border situation is completely unsustainable. That's precisely why we need the wall. Had we gotten control of the border back in the 80s when Reagan tried to, we wouldn't be in this situation. But Congress refused to uphold their end of the deal they made with Reagan, just like they did with Trump. A wall, once built, is permanent and does not need special funding to operate as a barrier. Congress will have no way to screw up the system so easily by withholding funding. Even if they withhold funding, the wall still stands.

TheRedneck

Great Post, makes a deal of sense to the majority.

But perhaps posted in vain to those with blinkers and earmuffs on.

For some, common sense doesn't man up against emotions especially for the lonely and perhaps coupled with those that want to be noticed and obtain sympathy.

The emotional story in USA regarding the flooding immigrants into your country is typical until it is stopped. Then it will fade away except for a few of those looking for attention and vote grabbing.

As I have said, common sense will not prevail against emotions and lies. It's costing your country a fortune and is assisting deaths, child trafficking, crime and lawlessness.

Try building the flaming wall for goodness sake. Once the barrier is there then I predict the flood will be stemmed.

Your USA media and to an extent some of your politicians are gaining money, votes and brownie points for extending the influx as long as they can.

(The future supporting votes for these sym-pathetic politicians will come from the illegals invited into their respective electorates)

Just do it America. Look after your home country initially and not the flamin Middle East or other sooky overseas nations. Sort your domestic problems first up then concentrate on the outside issues.

Make America Great Again.

My thoughts and regards from an outsider,

Bally

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Tell me, so when they arrest someone for dwi and there's a child in the car, how long do you reckon that child spends locked up in a cell?? My guess is the child isnt locked up at all. My guess is one of the first things they ask the drunk is who would you like us to call to have come and get the kid. My guess is that once at the police station, they have one of the officers entertaining that kid till someone comes to pick them up and only in the worst cases where there is no one to call they call child protective to come and get the kid. My guess is that at no time are they locked up with a bunch of other kids of various ages and left for days or weeks or close to a month with little supervision. My guess is that if the kid is too young to take care of themselves, they aren't gonna dump the kid onto another kid to change the diapers, bottle feed, ect.
My guess is that the kid is gonna have a bed to sleep in, probably that same night!

My guess is you don't understand amount of pressure social service is under. I'm a foster parent and reading your statement makes me shake my head in utter disgust. I have a girl here now that had to be removed from a group home and spent multiple nights in DHR custody sleeping at that building due to a shortgage of foster homes. Her sister is still at said group home. Why are they in this prediciment? Mom was a hooker/drug addict most of her and engage to some low life that figures beating children is how you discipline them. The mom has cleaned her act up however is not fulfilling the courts requirements to retain legal custody due to Section 8 not being available in our state(her words not mine) and the state requiring the girls not being in contact with the fiance. Should the state allow her to go back into that enviroment because mom was a good mom or should they protect the child at all cost due to moms endangerment (ie breaking multiple laws federal and local failing) and place her and her sister in protective custody?

What people like you fail to realize is that while your virtue signaling and placing blame there are a major shortage of homes for children who come from CPS, etc. due to the parents endangering them by breaking the law.

So instead of commenting "my guess is...my guess is..."why don't you go attend a TIPS class for 10 weeks then provide a stable, loving home for these kids. Until you do that: train yourself to protect the innocent as required by law and getting certified after multiple home inspections and multiple background checks, keep your mouth shut.

Our government, on a state and national level, is doing the best it can with many adults breaking many laws by flooding the borders illegally. So much that kids have to be housed together in a way that offends you. By all means, go house those kids while their parents face due process for breaking the laws. Maybe then you will see what a strain on resources illegal immigration is on a micro, and ultimately a macro level.

I hate accolades but this is the opinion of a 2x Foster parent of the year, and in the process of adopting a 13 and 15 yo because mom wanted to stay with her guy who beat them enough to have them removed. God this boils my blood. Stop being bound by materilstic laws to inaction and help. Otherwise go away and leave the protection of the innocent to those who are willing to make that commitmemt. /rant

edit on 7/14/2019 by ManufacturedDissent because: spelling and grammar

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Did you know that it has been found that a large percentage of those children coming across the border with adults that those adults are of no relation to those children? Did you know that? And what of the children that are found with no parents? One last question. What is your solution to this problem? I'm very curious to see if you respond to this post and answer my questions.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   
A chronic liar does not own anyone. That's not how the term is used.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: tabularosa

Disagreeing with Democratic fantasies does not make one a chronic liar. That is not how the term is used.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: tabularosa

What was the lie(s)?

Do tell.

If you don't, that means you got nothing but an accusation, and you're immediately discredited.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I very infrequently post in this forum but man - this is just stupid.

Flame suit on but I’ll stand my ground here. This is JV and moronic at best.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManufacturedDissent

So instead of commenting "my guess is...my guess is..."why don't you go attend a TIPS class for 10 weeks then provide a stable, loving home for these kids. Until you do that: train yourself to protect the innocent as required by law and getting certified after multiple home inspections and multiple background checks, keep your mouth shut.

Because they don't actually care about these kids. They are a political tool to them, that's all. They embrace laws and policies that encourage people to drag these kids on these dangerous journeys because they think it helps them politically. They DID NOT CARE when these kids were being held in cages under Obama. They didn't care, at all. They were useless to them at that point. These people are #ing monsters.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Always good to see this air head put in her place.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join