It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former ICE Director Homan Completely Owns AOC At Congressional Hearing

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme
Refugees are not asylum candidates automatically.
Illegal is illegal, and not welcome. Even though we sympathies.

Want to just build on your statement.

The majority of people that would apply for asylum would be denied based on the fact they're only coming for economic asylum, not political asylum. US penal code allows for people leaving their country due to political upheval that threaten them personally to claim asylum. The US penal code does not allow people to claim asylum just because they want a better economic life.

And this is why so many people try to cross the border illegally, because they know they can't do it legally because they have no justifiable reason to be accepted as an asylum seeker.

I hate when these democrats label illegal immigrants as asylum seekers. It's like calling the devil "a not so nice guy". Don't downplay the situation AOC. These are not asylum seekers, these are criminals. Maybe they didn't commit a crime in their lives prior, but once you cross that border illegally, you are a criminal. And we don't want criminals in America, thanks anyway.

It's a slap in the face to any legal immigrant living in America today. "You guys had to work to get your citizen ship, we just needed to cross a river". How do you think it makes people feel that went through the tough and rigorous process?

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Sources close to the White House claim that President Trump has changed the name of illegal aliens to "Fetuses" and has changed the name of the detention centers to "Planned Citizenship" Centers.

House democrats immediately increased funding for a wall and have budgeted 100 billion for several new centers along the border.

IMadeThisUp.com

LMAO I tried searching if this were true and couldn't find anything.

But this gave me the biggest laugh I had in months lmao I'm actually crying
edit on 13-7-2019 by JoeGee because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-7-2019 by JoeGee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: JoeGee

I thought about opening up a Twitter account and tweeting it, but why when it'd probably immediately ban me.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

This AOC broad is nuttier than squirrel #.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
a reply to: dawnstar

My guess, is that MANY migrant families, who are bringing their children over our border ILLEGALLY, are NOT aware, or DO NOT care about the repercussions of their act, which unfortunately results in their children being detained in a holding cell.

I still can’t understand if the conditions at the US border are so bad, why these migrants continue to come here. It’s got to be better than the living conditions of the Third World Sh!tholes they’re fleeing. Then I saw they were bitching they couldn’t shower. I bet where they come from has no running water and they never had a shower in their lives.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

No one is advocating any of these kids be mistreated, but you can't expect ICE to setup Disneyland at the border either.

Bahahaha...best thing I have read this morning!

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   

These people are parrots, they are only repeating talking points they have been given. When anyone stands up to their idiocy with facts, they melt into a puddle as she did.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: JoeGee

Lol. Maybe you should start at the beginning of the exchange I was having with redneck.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: dawnstar

Tell me, so when they arrest someone for dwi and there's a child in the car, how long do you reckon that child spends locked up in a cell?? My guess is the child isnt locked up at all. My guess is one of the first things they ask the drunk is who would you like us to call to have come and get the kid. My guess is that once at the police station, they have one of the officers entertaining that kid till someone comes to pick them up and only in the worst cases where there is no one to call they call child protective to come and get the kid. My guess is that at no time are they locked up with a bunch of other kids of various ages and left for days or weeks or close to a month with little supervision. My guess is that if the kid is too young to take care of themselves, they aren't gonna dump the kid onto another kid to change the diapers, bottle feed, ect.
My guess is that the kid is gonna have a bed to sleep in, probably that same night!

If they want to keep kids from these conditions they need to stop encouraging them to come to the border.

That is the big problem is leftists who want open borders encouraging as many kids as possible to come and experience those conditions because it helps them sell their political narrative. They are the ones that don't care about these kids. The more kids that have to get sick and die getting drug across 1000 miles of Mexico the better, as long as they get votes from gullible bleeding hearts over it because Orange Man Bad.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

If they are in such a backwards area that they don't have a way to clean themselves more than likely they don't have access to cnn so they can be current when it comes to news if what is happening in the states.
But seriously, even without running water being pumped into your grass hunt, I'm pretty sure they would have a way to stay clean. Heck all you need is a running stream and some kind of soap. Of course a little privacy would be nice also.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

My guess, is that MANY migrant families, who are bringing their children over our border ILLEGALLY, are NOT aware, or DO NOT care about the repercussions of their act, which unfortunately results in their children being detained in a holding cell.

I still can’t understand if the conditions at the US border are so bad, why these migrants continue to come here. It’s got to be better than the living conditions of the Third World Sh!tholes they’re fleeing. Then I saw they were bitching they couldn’t shower. I bet where they come from has no running water and they never had a shower in their lives.

They wouldn't even think to complain about these things in most cases. But the illegal immigration enablers that go down south of the border and tell them what to say to falsely claim asylum (hurting real asylum seekers in the process, all for votes) also tell them what to bitch about so CNN can get their sound bites.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   

What do you think an orphanage is? Now imagine not just an isolated case, like one family. Imagine tens of thousands. Then what? You adopt them all?

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   

But seriously, weather it be one, five, or 50 kids, there is no law that says I have to feed any of them and I can tell them all to go home to their own parents anytime I want or call their parents to come get them, or if all else fails, call the police myself to help me remove the kids. I have neither signed or in any way agreed to take care of them. And I am not forcing them to stay.

Exactly my point! They are not your kids; why are you obligated to feed them?

The govt has a legal obligation, and has agreed to a court settlement that they will provide care to these children they chose to detain according to the standards set out in that agreement.

That's where you are wrong.

The only legal obligation we have to these kids is the one Congress has placed on us. That would be the asylum clause in 8 USC § 1158, which simply says anyone in the US can apply for asylum... it does not say they have to be accepted, nor does it say that they have to have an official hearing. In fact, that statute goes into great detail on who is eligible and not, and what they have to do to prove they are eligible, in 8 USC § 1158(b)(1)(B).

And they've had help offered to them which they have refused.

The "help" that was offered would have only made the problem worse.

And, they have an alternative to detaining many of them. They've just decided to go with this zero tolerance policy. They could just let the kids stay with the parents and load them onto a bus and drop them off in the nearest town, and have done so a few times.

And by doing so, they are not following the law. 8 USC § 1158 says they may apply for asylum; 8 USC § 1325 states it is strictly illegal to come into the US without documentation and outside of a Port of Entry. You are asking the administration to violate the law.

Congress can change that law, though, and that change would be binding on the President. That's how we are supposed to be doing things. So why are you not screaming at Congress to fix the problem? It's their responsibility to do so, not the President's responsibility to just violate the law when they don't. This is all... all... on Congress!

Or they could take that bus a few hundred miles and drop them off in some Mexican town. Sure, they would be breaking the laws by doing this, but they are breaking the law now by not following the settlement agreement.

Actually, no, that wouldn't be breaking the law. It would be in accordance with 8 USC § 1158(a)(2)(A). This "settlement agreement" you keep referencing is just some news anchor's personal (mis)interpretation of 8 USC § 1158... it's not a law.

Either of those two options would be a kinder, less destructive alternative than what they are doing now.

I see you still don't realize the number of people coming in, nor the circumstances surrounding how they are coming in. Kinder/gentler? To who? Many of these children have been separated from their kidnappers, not their parents. Kidnappers/human traffickers do not announce what they are; they claim to be relatives. Their victims are often terrified of them and won't rat them out. How is it kinder/gentler to return a child to a human trafficker? The massive influx of people using children to try and garner sympathy for an asylum claim aggravates this... we simply can't verify everyone's story as fast as they come in. There's not enough hours in the day and agents to handle the task. We can't hire more agents... Congress had to have the situation become desperate just to get enough funds for beds and still tried to stonewall!

Heck, some Congress members even tried to get people to boycott the bed manufacturers if they sold beds to CBP, even after appropriating the meager funds they did.

And while I agree the govt, congress, is falling flat in their face on this I would like to point out the trump seemed to have no problem declaring a national emergency so he could start diverting money into his wall which isnt really a solution to the current problem.

It is at least an obstacle to the number of people coming in illegally. Where did this belief that illegal aliens have the superpower to walk through walls come from?

I fail to see why he can't use that same emergency power to allow the charities. Doctors and mental health professionals to help out all of which wouldn't require any funding from Congress because it's all being offered free of charge. Heck the pediatricians in the area had been providing care in these places for previous administrations when it was needed and stepped up to do the same this time. They were told their help wasn't needed.

There's more to this than what we are hearing. I cannot believe these charities are offering help and simply being turned down for no reason. I refuse to believe that.

These are not demons with pitchforks patrolling our border. They are people, regardless of what CNN is telling you. Maybe these charities are making demands that are illegal to provide their services; maybe their presence is causing disruption; maybe they have created logistical issues by their presence in an overcrowded area. I don't know, but I will not believe people are heartless demonic beings simply because a heartless demonic being on TV told me so.

And neither should you. They already have been lying to you about what is and is not law. That much is obvious.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I thought about opening up a Twitter account and tweeting it, but why when it'd probably immediately ban me.

Then you could sue Twitter for preventing you from having access to Trump and AOC's blogs.

When you win, remember whose idea it was.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Her job is to be a whipping post for the right much like Trump is a whipping post for the left. They're whipping up a whole bunch of hypocrisy and hate on either side. She's very good at her job, actually.
edit on 7/13/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   

My guess is that kid is an American citizen. I actually think the perfect solution is to send the kid to the embassy of their home country for immediate deportation home. You seem to agree.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

My twitter was banned. I did not follow anyone. I did not make a single post. I did look at some posts by Conservatives. My post history is 0.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   

If they have soap and all these things I imagine they brought it with them.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I made the conscious decision to ignore social media. I have no Twitter account; never have had one. The only other account I have is FaceBook, and I have literally gone over a year without logging in. It's just to get access to family photos.

I expected something like this to happen. Humans cannot be trusted with technology. Just look at what we have done with it so far: we use it to worship pixels on a screen and repeat the words those pixels are told to tell us as though they were facts.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   
If you seek asylum from within the USA you cannot work.

Keep that in mind when you see these people saying they

"Just want a better life"

They want a FREE RIDE and nothing more

Anyone that works is no longer eligible for asylum protections.

this is why so many do not show up for court hearings.

think of how many folks are getting a free ride, this is the sound of monies geting sucked out of the

American coffers, and also why there are so many

this is Economic warfare against the USA.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join