It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former ICE Director Homan Completely Owns AOC At Congressional Hearing

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

A recent case comes to mind of a cps approved foster parent found hanging a 12 year old boy from the closet pole by his hands for punishment , the younger foster child age 6 was caught stealing from other children's lunches at school.. who then spent the rest of the year eating her lunch in the office until the foster care parents were caught. they were in this foster home for 3 years.( both now placed in a better home)
The above being only a single instance of foster care/ CPS blatant mistreatment.

I would say the illegal children will not receive that level of abuse or lack of care in their detention facilities, and probably better care and treatment than the country they are trying to escape.

But go ahead and take occasional cortez's word on it...she did swear in after all.

M

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   
maybe we should just turn the kids over to children services in whatever state they’re in . They won’t reunite a child with a person unless they know it’s a family member or appropriate foster family .

The Democrats will have a hard time looking good and screaming abolish child protective services !!

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Knapperdude

A recent case comes to mind of a cps approved foster parent found hanging a 12 year old boy from the closet pole by his hands for punishment , the younger foster child age 6 was caught stealing from other children's lunches at school.. who then spent the rest of the year eating her lunch in the office until the foster care parents were caught. they were in this foster home for 3 years.( both now placed in a better home)
The above being only a single instance of foster care/ CPS blatant mistreatment.

I would say the illegal children will not receive that level of abuse or lack of care in their detention facilities, and probably better care and treatment than the country they are trying to escape.

But go ahead and take occasional cortez's word on it...she did swear in after all.

M

In the above case both children were the children of illegal aliens who could not provide adequate care for their children.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Tell me, so when they arrest someone for dwi and there's a child in the car, how long do you reckon that child spends locked up in a cell?? My guess is the child isnt locked up at all. My guess is one of the first things they ask the drunk is who would you like us to call to have come and get the kid. My guess is that once at the police station, they have one of the officers entertaining that kid till someone comes to pick them up and only in the worst cases where there is no one to call they call child protective to come and get the kid. My guess is that at no time are they locked up with a bunch of other kids of various ages and left for days or weeks or close to a month with little supervision. My guess is that if the kid is too young to take care of themselves, they aren't gonna dump the kid onto another kid to change the diapers, bottle feed, ect.
My guess is that the kid is gonna have a bed to sleep in, probably that same night!

NONE of that "separation" would have happened if the PARENTS had not CHOSEN to break US law and ILLEGALLY be in the US.

THEIR OWN DAMN FAULT.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   
This lunatic is pro baby murder...as long as its an American baby.

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

originally posted by: Lumenari

Why can't you worry about actual American kids first?

But these are future American kids!

So let's plan for the future by destroying our present.

Brilliant!!!

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

Why can't you worry about actual American kids first?

But these are future American kids!

So let's plan for the future by destroying our present.

Brilliant!!!

Actually that's exactly what Democrat strategy is right now !!

Destroy the past and the present in order to rule the "future" 😃

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ADSE255
People like AOC don't seem to understand the difference between Legal and Illegal. The biggest problem in dealing with the self serving agenda of the far left. They don't listen.
It's more important to be MORALLY RIGHT than FACTUALLY CORRECT.

This is the mindset we are dealing with, devoid of and casting off facts, an empty play while wearing the mask of humanism and altrusim that is anything but.

Dangerous folk.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Knapperdude

So, did they remain foster parents after they were caught?

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Isnt that what they are supposed to be doing now within 72 hours? If not child services, another agency that is better equipped to handle kids? The system is backed up and the kids aren't moving through. I kind of think that when decided that the kids shouldn't be locked up with the parents, the idea was they would be moved quickly to a place capable of caring for them. Since that isnt possible, maybe it would be better to go back to holding them together at least.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 10:36 PM
link   

and what happens when the people coming over the border kill american citizens?

I bet the same amount of people that never come back for the court hearing after asking for asylum is higher than the amount of abuse from Foster care

would you like to compare acutal numbers on this??

Your argument is moot, really.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   
AOC does not know anything about how things work. I have seen many instances where a person does something wrong and the kids are taken away till things get sorted out. I bet it happens at least once a week around here, they are either given to family or put into the foster system. But the kids are taken by protective services till something can be done legally, even the kids grandparents do not usually get the kid right away unless they know someone in the judicial system or know the cops.

AOC does not have a clue, she should learn how things work before opening her mouth..

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Not really sure how much help knowing the cops would be once they are in child protection. Knowing the judge in family court would probably move things along. Knowing someone in child protection would probably move things along faster. But while I can agree that its probably unnecessary to separate the kids from their parents in some of these cases, and that might be what is bothering some. I am more bothered by the quality of care they are getting before they are transferred out of ins care. If the reports are true it falls far short of the care they would get in a foster home.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I listened to the whole hearing. I felt bad for Mr. Homan, he was giving his observations and a remedy to the situation. The other side in which he was outnumbered, kept talking about the conditions with no solutions suggested for resolving the problem. The whole hearing was one side screaming about the humanity and the other side genuinely trying to nail down what congress can do to fix the situation.

Here is the hearing start at 3 hours and 47 seconds to hear Mr. Homan's testimony. If you listen to the whole last half of the hearing he lays it very well if you listen closely.

m.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 11:14 PM
link   
What a waste of time...

What happened to Russian collusion? That's right Biden said it never happened.....

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

I am fairly certain that no American has been murdered by an immigrant 2 year old!!! Your argument is moot if you think its good justification to just drop that two year old into a cell thinking the other kids should be taking care if him!!!
My god. Someone either on this thread or the other one asked me if I would feed a neighbors hungry kid before I would feed my own. Well I will just tell you what I wouldn't do. I wouldn't think the parents of that kid was so horrible that they deserved me taking their kid, locking him up in my attic, occasionally throwing up a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and letting him out to use the bathroom, never letting him even wash his hands let alone take a shower, and making him wear the same clothes for weeks on end. It wouldn't matter how crappy I thought his parents were, I wouldn't take it out on the child!

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
thehill.com... well they just lost in the 9th circuit of appeals of all places and now trump can withhold law enforcement funding for sanctuary cities

the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals on Friday ruled in favor of the Trump administration's efforts to prioritize federal dollars for local policing to towns and cities that complied with certain immigration policies. The ruling, a split 2-1 decision, said the Department of Justice (DOJ) was within its rights to withhold Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS) grants from sanctuary cities and states over their refusal to work with federal immigration enforcement authorities and instead prioritize agencies that focused on unauthorized immigration and agreed to give Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) access to jail records and immigrants in custody.
so expect more reeeeeeeing from dems and AOC on this issue

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

REEEEEEEmarkable !!! 😃

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 11:34 PM
link   

I hadn’t Heard of any plans like that . But if they can carry it out I’m all for it .

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Just saw that, with the one activist judge desenting.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join