It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former ICE Director Homan Completely Owns AOC At Congressional Hearing

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: tanstaafl
"How about a DNA database? You ok with that?"

Fingerprint will do just fine. I do not really care for having DNA catalogued in general.

I don't either, but fingerprints can be removed, DNA can't.

I'm not talking about cataloging DNA in general, just for criminals who are no longer welcome in our country.

I don't see a problem with that.

I just see it as "where it starts" (cataloguing DNA) a slippery slope kinda thing. Just my personal thought..even though it is already happening.
If a fingerprint has been removed it would be a red flag to me.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnoxMSP

a reply to: tanstaafl

We should also have a special tattoo we put on all adults to permanently mark them,

Wow, where have we seen this before.

And you say you're not Nazi's

Marking people who have illegally infiltrated our country, and the marking of Jews is a very bad comparison. As the husband of a Jewish woman, an employee of a Jewish family, and having attended temple myself, I find the comparison to Nazis, and concentration camps very offensive. My boss' family, and in laws families went through real atrocities, and you people make light of it. Sick really.

I have some jewish family members too..so what, they would be horrified at the suggestion of tattoos
I'm dead serious, not making light of anything. Suggesting special tattoos for asylum seekers is pretty f'd up!!
Sorry you're offended, sometimes people need to be offended.

Not asylum seekers. People who crossed the border illegally.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I just see it as "where it starts" (cataloguing DNA) a slippery slope kinda thing. Just my personal thought..even though it is already happening.
If a fingerprint has been removed it would be a red flag to me.

But a red flag isn't proof.

Again - this is only for people who have been banned from ever entering America again. They lost the priv.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnoxMSP
"I have some jewish family members too..so what, they would be horrified at the suggestion of tattoos
I'm dead serious, not making light of anything. Suggesting special tattoos for asylum seekers is pretty f'd up!!
Sorry you're offended, sometimes people need to be offended."

Not asylum seekers. People who crossed the border illegally.

I already acknowledged the tattoo idea wasn't the best.

But as KnoxMSP said, this is only for people who crossed illegally, and more importantly, have been permanently banned from ever being eligible for legal entry to the USA.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
This short two minute clip, shows AOC trying to get former ICE Director Tom Homan to admit to falsehoods at today's Congressional hearing on family separations at the border.

Homan was a former LEO from West Carthage, New York, before he joined the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service in 1986. He wasn't going to allow AOC to mischaracterize his position on "zero tolerance."

Maybe the next time AOC attempts to "swear herself in," she should swear not to utter misleading statements, in a pathetic attempt to land a "gotcha" moment.

She literally and figuratively epitomizes the generation of millennials who have no comprehension of law and order or why there exists a need for rules, regulation, and enforcement.

She attempts to fit a known violation of the law to the political narrative of the left...and fails miserably.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Yes. Look up the term "accountability".

I assume every hospital in your country is being sued for wrongful death if a child dies in their custody?

And ICE would be what exactly in your picture... doctors without borders? Kinda entertaining tho, the pun is yours.

However. You're not by any chance one of the officials who is ought to be held accountable for this mess, are you? Because you sure as hell sound like one of those red tape weasels.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

I know what accountability means.

You want to hold ICE responsible for deaths that occurred while in their care, regardless of who caused the health issue in the first place. ICE is certainly not "doctors without borders" and that is my whole point. ICE officials are not doctors and thus cannot be held to the same high standards of care a doctor would be.

If ICE officials are responsible for the well-being of everyone in their care regardless of cause of distress, and that accountability extends to direct responsibility for deaths, then others who have people in their care must also be held to the same standard. In the case of hospitals, they have doctors present and the standard must be higher.

So how exactly do you excuse a hospital where someone dies in their care, but condemn ICE over the exact same issue?

Maybe you should look up "hypocrite."

(Oh, and no, I do not work for ICE... or any government agency. I simply can comprehend the situation.)

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

If ICE officials are responsible for the well-being of everyone in their care regardless of cause of distress, and that accountability extends to direct responsibility for deaths, then others who have people in their care must also be held to the same standard. In the case of hospitals, they have doctors present and the standard must be higher.

They are, it wouldn't be the first time a doctor would be sued over misconduct or neglect.

When you think those camps should act as emergency clinics, you sure as hell need to make sure they can. Which they don't, hence the policy behind this decision is obviously flawed.

(Oh, and no, I do not work for ICE... or any government agency. I simply can comprehend the situation.)

No. You are trying to justify a deadly policy. And you failed miserably in doing so, my dear hypocrite.

edit on 18-7-2019 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join