It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former ICE Director Homan Completely Owns AOC At Congressional Hearing

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
How long do you think a foster home would keep its license if it was providing the kind of care these kids are getting according to these reports?

Do you not see the difference between this, and children being taken from their accompanying adult after said adult commits a crime of endangering the child by taking such a long and dangerous trek then breaking our laws by crossing the border illegally?

But I agree, we shouldn't be housing these people, we should be deporting them all immediately, including the children.

If they came in over the southern border, plop them right back in Mexico.

We should also have a special tattoo we put on all adults to permanently mark them, so that they can never even apply for legal entry, and if we catch them inside again, they don't even get a hearing.

They are bringing toddlers and babies into the cells and telling 8, 9, 10 year olds to take care of them!

Yes - but you seem to be forgetting that their adult companions are brnging them here illegally, and endgangering them in the process.

Well, I am sorry, but if it's okay for our govt to to throw a 2 year old into a cell with a bunch of kids and expect one of those kids to play mommy for him, not provide a change of clothes, soap, a way to clean a danged baby's bottle, or take a shower.... then they have no business taking anyone's kids from them!!

I agree completely! Send them all straight back across the border and on their way home.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Knapperdude
A recent case comes to mind of a cps approved foster parent found hanging a 12 year old boy from the closet pole by his hands for punishment , the younger foster child age 6 was caught stealing from other children's lunches at school.. who then spent the rest of the year eating her lunch in the office until the foster care parents were caught. they were in this foster home for 3 years.( both now placed in a better home)
The above being only a single instance of foster care/ CPS blatant mistreatment.

This is why I am admantly opposed to the State having the power to take children from their parents or control where they are placed.

First option should be relatives, second option should be foster care with volunteer charitable and/or religious organizations licensed for such things.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
I wouldn't think the parents of that kid was so horrible that they deserved me taking their kid, locking him up in my attic, occasionally throwing up a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and letting him out to use the bathroom, never letting him even wash his hands let alone take a shower, and making him wear the same clothes for weeks on end.

While I doubt the veracity of all of this yammering about the horrible conditions (I don't it is nearly as bad or as pervasive as it is made out to be)...

Are you forgetting two important details?

1. The 'parents' (in quotes because apparently about 30% of the adults bring these kids in are not their parents or even their relatives) brought these kids here, and

2. The parents have the choice to leave and return to wherever they came from.

Meaning, they do not have to stay in these cages. They are choosing to do so.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

From www.independent.co.uk...

Carlos Diaz, a US Customs and Border Protection spokesman, disputed claims officials had separated a child from its mother as she breastfed.

“Nothing could be further from the truth and these allegations are unsubstantiated,” he said.

He said, she said. That's not proof; it's an allegation of an "unnamed woman" versus the statement by Carlos Diaz.

From www.independent.co.uk...

In a statement to The Independent, a spokesperson said Mr Merkley and his team were denied access to the shelter “for the safety, security and dignity of the children being cared for there”.

“No one who arrives unannounced at one of our shelters demanding access to the children in our care will be permitted, even those claiming to be US Senators,” the spokesperson said. “Senator Merkley should respect the UAC program and engage in the appropriate processes, as many of his colleagues have done before him, to visit ORR facilities.”

He said, she said... at least in this case, it is Senator Jeff Merkley versus an unnamed source (although if it were an official statement I would expect there was a name attached which is simply not printed).

At least part of their claim was true: Senators are not being denied access blanketly:

Sen. Jeff Merkley tours Florida teen detention camp he wants shut down
Senator, House members tour child detention facility (this one is from Freakrica Wilson's official website)
Elizabeth Warren tours immigration center: 'It's a disturbing picture'
And of course, who can forget...
Photos Reveal AOC Was Crying Over An Empty Parking Lot

Ask your media if they have the capacity, funds, and competence to actually report facts instead of accusations.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

The proof for a policy of neglect would be 6 dead kids.

Hmmm... so a child is dragged thousands of miles across inhospitable terrain, including deserts, by people supposedly their parents, arrive dirty, dehydrated, and malnourished, are given shelter and food, and if they die it's the fault of those who gave them shelter and food?

I assume every hospital in your country is being sued for wrongful death if a child dies in their custody? After all, who is better prepared to save a child who is sick or injured: the US CBP or a hospital?

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Hot damn you are a good guesser, but you see these are children of illegals plus their skin has a darker hue, add those 2 together it equals what is happening at the border with the direction of our fearless orange leader. Remember if he was in Parkland school area when the shooting took place he would have ran in unarmed, completely fearless and dumber than a bag of hammers.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: UniformKilo

their skin has a darker hue

And so far, you are the only one in the 10 pages of this thread who cares.

That makes you the racist.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

By that rationale how about all you Pro-Lifer take a child or two or 6 and pay for their childhood, hey its only 18 years of funding and it is a "life" these kids are already pass the birth canal yet just because they were born on a different plot of dirt that how we treat them like dirt. Yet most of you conservitivs call yourself good christians BAJHABHABHABHA yea right.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Could it be anymore obvious Mr.TheRedNeck who is the racist........

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

We should also have a special tattoo we put on all adults to permanently mark them,

Wow, where have we seen this before.

And you say you're not Nazi's

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

We should also have a special tattoo we put on all adults to permanently mark them,

Marking people who have illegally infiltrated our country, and the marking of Jews is a very bad comparison. As the husband of a Jewish woman, an employee of a Jewish family, and having attended temple myself, I find the comparison to Nazis, and concentration camps very offensive. My boss' family, and in laws families went through real atrocities, and you people make light of it. Sick really.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   

"We should also have a special tattoo we put on all adults to permanently mark them,"

Wouldn't have to be anything remarkable. Could even be invisible.

But yeah, probably not a good idea - I did say it was off the cuf.

How about a DNA database? You ok with that?

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Could it be anymore obvious Mr.TheRedNeck who is the racist........

No, I think you showed your true colors quite clearly.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

great response you got me....I know you are but what am I, typical conservative

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Yea great idea how about a gun registry as well you know so we can track guns ie deadly weapons, we register cars but not guns how dumb is that. OH that would encroach on our constitutional rights......the right are a bunch of tiktoks.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Not a great response, then... I didn't want you to start with. I'm not fond of racists.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: UniformKilo

Yea great idea how about a gun registry as well

I'm talking about people who break the law.

Gun owners aren't breaking the law by virtue of owning guns.

you know so we can track guns ie deadly weapons, we register cars but not guns how dumb is that.

I do understand the argument for this at least, unlike most other radical leftist arguments.

I'm also against forced car registration though, so bad example, at least for me.

OH that would encroach on our constitutional rights.

Yes, it would.

.....the right are a bunch of tiktoks.

What's a tiktok? Someone who believes that our Constitution says what it means and means what it says and insists that our elected representatives respect it in accordance with their oath of office?
edit on 17-7-2019 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnoxMSP

Marking people who have illegally infiltrated our country, and the marking of Jews is a very bad comparison. As the husband of a Jewish woman, an employee of a Jewish family, and having attended temple myself, I find the comparison to Nazis, and concentration camps very offensive. My boss' family, and in laws families went through real atrocities, and you people make light of it. Sick really.

I have some jewish family members too..so what, they would be horrified at the suggestion of tattoos
I'm dead serious, not making light of anything. Suggesting special tattoos for asylum seekers is pretty f'd up!!
Sorry you're offended, sometimes people need to be offended.
edit on 17-7-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-7-2019 by vonclod because: Added a thought

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   

How about a DNA database? You ok with that?

Fingerprint will do just fine. I do not really care for having DNA catalogued in general.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   

"How about a DNA database? You ok with that?"

Fingerprint will do just fine. I do not really care for having DNA catalogued in general.

I don't either, but fingerprints can be removed, DNA can't.

I'm not talking about cataloging DNA in general, just for criminals who are no longer welcome in our country.

I don't see a problem with that.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join