It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AOC Swears Herself in at Capitol - Repeats Toilet Drinking Claims

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

good idea.... and the liar in chief too.

link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Yeah, AOC would never make anything up.

I think Mike reported Hitler is at the border.

CNN only knows truth.

I think you mean Clown World.

link   

His tiny cheeto hands make me ill.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

When you have something serious to say let me know.

Until then your childish responses will be ignored.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Doubtful.

If you find them childish all I did was mirror your way of thinking, deepest apologies.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 05:09 AM
link   

What AOC said is nothing compared to what the monitors have reported and I really doubt that the court appointed monitors are lying.
They really should go and read the report, which I kind of think might be linked to in the article about Pence's visits, just to find out what kind of treatment they are trying to justify or make excuses for.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

originally posted by: Arnie123

How is this not awesome?

Alot of people were accusing her of lying. So she put her butt on the line and swore in to make the statement.

Its admirable if anything.

What would you do?
FALSE.

This is a political stunt, with which Cummings himself said was unnecessary.

ICS has refuted and even displayed a response.

Others have been and saw nothing AOC has said.

She is being cornered and now taking her position for granted, ala Booker playbook.

Kinda sad and pitiful that you're unable to see that, such an easily influence folk you are 🤭

Easy to influence?

I looked at all the facts.

What she said made sense.

The person drinking from the toilet was a lone example.of a situation wherein a single inmates sink stopped working ( the sinks are combined with the toilets as one device). Water would not.flow out of the sink faucet due to the malfunction, but it would.flow through the toilet function. The inmate was denied bottled water, and therefore had to drink from the toilet stream when it wasn't meal time and until the sink was fixed.

Was it a short period of time? Yes

Was it fixed? Yes

Did AOC take advantage of a small one off incident and blow it up politically? Yes

Did it happen? Yes

Was she wrong to do it? Not really... We shouldn't be locking up people coming here to contribute and live a better life.

I'd like to hear your plan for all this. Facilities are built to deal with say 2 thousand folks a week. Now there are 10,000 folks a week coming. (just an example, not real numbers) Trump asked for more funding to do two things. Make the border more secure, so the asylum seekers would be forced to come to ports of entry and enter legally, and also to increase the ability to deal with the larger than capacity influx of people. he was denied funding multiple times. This isn't up for debate, it's fact.

So, knowing all that, hos would you handle this situation? What would you do different? maybe you can solve all this, or maybe you will be forced to see the reality instead of the fantasy you want. Good luck.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
www.usatoday.com...

Maybe you will believe Mike Pence.

It's like you aren't capable of coherent thought.

Yes, the conditions are bad. there are TOO MANY PEOPLE for the facilities. The people who run these facilities are doing everything they can with the limited funding they have. (remember, not one dollar to Trump?)

If you could remove your head from the dark stinky place it currently resides, you may realize that the things being asked are for congress to fix the current laws that make this crisis happen in the first place.

And to recap, if less people came here illegally, then less people would be at these facilities, and the conditions would be better for all.

take that to CNN and ask them how to reply.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

"The crisis is real," he said. "This is not a manufactured crisis."

eu.usatoday.com...

We should trust Pike the Menace blindly! If we were ignorant fools and utter idiots, of course.

Contrary to Trump’s depiction, states with more unauthorized immigrants have slightly less violent crime, not more. A similar methodology also suggests unauthorized immigration is associated with significant reductions in nonviolent crime.
A study looking at metro areas and overall immigration, both legal and illegal, likewise found that immigration is associated with lower crime.
Immigrants commit fewer crimes than native-born Americans, and unauthorized immigrants commit violent crimes at a lower rate than the native population.
Trump’s claim that immigration is a strain on the economy that would make Americans poorer is contrary to what economists have shown; immigration seems to raise wages for native-born workers while lowering pay for other immigrants.
While Trump’s administration keeps talking about the increase in border crossings between 2017 and 2018, in a historical context, border crossings have actually substantially decreased since the early 2000s.

Trump’s manufactured border “crisis” scares Republican voters — but not lawmakers

Rather than fixing the asylum system, the Trump administration has tried to drive applicants away. Federal courts blocked the effort to separate children from their families and to refuse applications from people crossing the border illegally between ports of entry. Now officials are trying to discourage asylum seekers at ports of entry by “metering” applications and forcing them to wait in Mexico while their cases are processed. (This may be unlawful too.)

In any event, the result is perverse: More asylum seekers are crossing the border illegally, in large groups, with the aim of turning themselves in. This is good news for the cartels that profit from their plight and use the ensuing distraction to draw resources away from policing drug-smuggling elsewhere on the border.

Trump’s Border Crisis Is Made in the U.S.A.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   

www.usatoday.com...

Maybe you will believe Mike Pence.
You realize Trump and ATS outsmarted you, right? 😐

There has and always been a border crisis and the immigration funding, largley ignored by Congress for years is being spotlighted and the Dems tried to politicize it and got hammered.

The result? A senate backed bill to deal with the issue and a POTUS that is trying to get things in order.

Does it burn? It should, because the situations isn't nearly as dire as the Radical Progressive Left make it out to be, Pence is awknowledging that there are issues that need to be taken care of.

Although you're being intellectually dishonest about the link, I'll go ahead and set the record straight.

His first stop,

On his first stop, at a processing center for migrants just outside McAllen,Texas, Pence said he “couldn’t be more impressed” by what he described as “the compassionate work” by Border Patrol agents.
“Every family that I spoke with told me they were being well cared for,” he said.

Here, his second stop,

A reporter traveling with Pence described a horrendous stench in the facility and said that nearly 400 men were housed in sweltering cages so crowded it would have been impossible for all of them to lie down. Some of the detainees shouted to reporters that they had been held 40 days or longer and complained that they were hungry.

With Pence remarking,

“This is tough stuff,” Pence said at a news conference later.
“I was not surprised by what I saw,” he said. “I knew we’d see a system that was overwhelmed.”

So, some detention centers are overwhelmed as a result of limited funding and whose fault is that? Congress and maybe a sprinkle of Barack Hussein who only made it worse by largely ignoring it.

Pence is agreeing that these issues have been going on for years and NOT the claims made by the Radical Progressive Left.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Your entire post is irrelevant, for starters, anything posted with links to Vox is immediately ignored as it is a total progressive leftist mouthpiece with emotionally charged language and devoid of amy actual real facts.

Secondly, "Trumps border crisis" is more like "Congress border crisis" as Trumps wall is the direct result of their inaction and several calls to get bipartisan remedies to fix the current system, of which has largely been ignored.
edit on 13-7-2019 by Arnie123 because: Heh

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

immediately ignored as it is a total progressive leftist mouthpiece with emotionally charged language and devoid of amy actual real facts.

That's funny, I tend to look at your posts in a similar manner.

So you can't debate a thing I brought up and gave me your entirely irrelevant opinion instead? Who knew!

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

I am confused as to your point. The "crisis" at the border is the same as it's been since it was first brought up. If you have different immigration numbers cool, let's see them. If not, then it's kind of obvious that we have more folks coming in, than our system is meant to deal with. (and this is the part where you have to think a bit) Since we have more folks than we are prepared for, it's a problem. In order to deal with that, we need more border money. Which was asked for and denied.

But, should this just continue until everyone from down there is up here? And more importantly, what if they can't vote democrat? then they will be a liability with no benefit. And trust me when I say, that is where I find fault here. Knowing that once the illegals that were used by the democrats to cause this are no longer of value, then they will be ignored, forgotten, and unless the right picks up the baton, which I just don't see, they will be largely high and dry. (FYI, that's called vision)

So yes there is an immediate problem at the border. Yes there needs to be changes in the asylum laws so the rule isn't to break into our country then claim you are wanting asylum, and then get denied your claim that was false to begin with, and then become a liability for ICE to have to track down and deport, once all that has played out.

And no, open borders with letting any and all in, isn't an option. Kind of like why nobody else does it like that.
If you spent some of your energy pointing out real issues and providing solutions, imagine how much we could advance.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Yea, the validity of the crisis seems to be something the leftovers here can't quite manage to factor in. They were told it wasn't real, then it was real, and now for those who can't think for themselves, it's quite the conundrum.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Too much chlorine. LOL LOL.

They have never lived at a US military base overseas.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Arnie123

How is this not awesome?

Alot of people were accusing her of lying. So she put her butt on the line and swore in to make the statement.

Its admirable if anything.

What would you do?
FALSE.

This is a political stunt, with which Cummings himself said was unnecessary.

ICS has refuted and even displayed a response.

Others have been and saw nothing AOC has said.

She is being cornered and now taking her position for granted, ala Booker playbook.

Kinda sad and pitiful that you're unable to see that, such an easily influence folk you are 🤭

Easy to influence?

I looked at all the facts.

What she said made sense.

The person drinking from the toilet was a lone example.of a situation wherein a single inmates sink stopped working ( the sinks are combined with the toilets as one device). Water would not.flow out of the sink faucet due to the malfunction, but it would.flow through the toilet function. The inmate was denied bottled water, and therefore had to drink from the toilet stream when it wasn't meal time and until the sink was fixed.

Was it a short period of time? Yes

Was it fixed? Yes

Did AOC take advantage of a small one off incident and blow it up politically? Yes

Did it happen? Yes

Was she wrong to do it? Not really... We shouldn't be locking up people coming here to contribute and live a better life.

I'd like to hear your plan for all this. Facilities are built to deal with say 2 thousand folks a week. Now there are 10,000 folks a week coming. (just an example, not real numbers) Trump asked for more funding to do two things. Make the border more secure, so the asylum seekers would be forced to come to ports of entry and enter legally, and also to increase the ability to deal with the larger than capacity influx of people. he was denied funding multiple times. This isn't up for debate, it's fact.

So, knowing all that, hos would you handle this situation? What would you do different? maybe you can solve all this, or maybe you will be forced to see the reality instead of the fantasy you want. Good luck.

It's really simple actually.

Stop imprisoning people for coming here for a better life.

Open the borders

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
This is the new crisis of the day.

Ignoring, of course, that it's been this way for decades. Yes...decades.

Ignored 'til it's politically useful to bring up, again. Because a good politician never lets a good crisis go to waste.

Why solve it permanently, when you can reuse it further down the road...ignore it until you need it again, and woe betide the person who sees a way to at the very least, alleviate the situation somewhat.

Trump has tried to get funding, and has been denied by Congress, specifically the oh so compassionate and caring Democratically controlled House.

Conditions are bad? Of course they are when they're being filled at several times their intended capacity. Really shocking news, that!! No, not really.

Odd that this comes up again, just prior to the run up to the next Presidential cycle. Then it'll disappear again, until it's needed again...

Wash, rinse, ignore, repeat. As necessary to accomplish they immediate political goal.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Since she was sworn in they should charge her with perjury if she can not back up her claims.

Would be nice, but this line means nothing...

the 29-year-old said she still believes border patrol agents told women in one facility to drink toilet water

So she believes, that is not fact, is really nothing but her perception, so I'm not sure what she is trying to say here with being sworn in.

edit on 13-7-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

Please leave the door to your house unlocked and the keys in your car.

I'd like the option to use all your stuff if it's better than mine. I don't really care if you worked hard for that stuff, I just want it.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

So when Mike went down trying to prove that conditions were all hunky dory and found filthy conditions I guess he was lying too?

He's proving the Democrats failed to fund and solidify the laws 😎

Every law on the books is being followed.

And where's the "toilet" proof ?

I bet some wise-ass pretending to be an "official" baited that statement to a gullible and naive AOC

Where's the House Bill to solve the problems ? Crickets as usual from Democrats 😆

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join