It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AOC Swears Herself in at Capitol - Repeats Toilet Drinking Claims

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: JHumm

They are also locked in cells, maybe this cell only had one broken faucet??
It was the migrants that told them the guard said that.
As far as the bottled water, well, there's another report from a detention facility in Arizona I believe where a group of kids complained about the food being crap and the water being too heavily chlorinated. Instead of the guards handing them bottles water and heading off to test the water, they took away the mats the kids were using to sleep on. This is coming from dept of social services documents I believe.

The water is too heavily chlorinated??

Aren't these supposed to be kids who are trying to flee deplorable conditions in their home countries? What kind of lives are these kids used to that they can tell the difference in water-treatment chemicals vs. what, pure spring water? And the food is crap?

What conditions are they fleeing, again? Do kids from horrible conditions really complain that their water is too treated and their 3 meals a day aren't organic?

Does something not seem to add up here? You seem to be the EXACT target audience our social engineers and disgraced media are hoping for. Great job!

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

ICE didn't have a "gluten-free" menu selection.

As a result, the UN Human Rights Committee has been called in.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Kids are lucky they aren't on 3 straight meals of nutra loaf with the funding shenanigans that have been going on.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Let's just hope ICE didn't give those people straws to drink out of the toilet.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

You have not only the reports coming from the lawmakers who have visited some of these places, but also testimony and statements from court appointed monitors that have gone into the places and talked with the kids, incident reports filed by dept of social services, and doctors who have treated these kids.
I don't know what these kids expect, but I don't expect any kid that is under my government's care to be treated in the manner that seems to be portrayed !!! Heck if I treated my cat in like manner it would be probably be considered animal abuse!!

You do realize that most actual American citizen kids in foster homes are treated worse and the government pays the foster families to do that?

Is there some point somewhere in your mind where you get a "Oh Snap!" moment and think that we should probably treat our citizens better first, then worry about the lawbreaking illegal immigrant?

I'm thinking that's not going to happen because you are now a member of the Anti-American party.

Shame on you.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

I'm starting to wonder if they are going to wake up one morning and worry about the carbon footprint an illegal alien causes.

Or would that just be a double negative?

edit on 12-7-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   

To be fair, I have untreated deep well water at home. I cannot stomach treated city water. Bottle water is too bland. My grandsons refuse to drink water at their house but will choose to drink my water over soda and juices.

I would imagine that their bodies may be more use to untreated water and it will not taste right. Possibly scared the chem taste is poison. I would in their place. Eck.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

If so, plastic not metal; no need for an accidental death (due to an eye or brain injury) lawsuit. Get rid of the cages YES and put everyone on leashes.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   
The Flab4 and the rest of the Democrats aim to crash the system and blame everybody else.

It's happening right before our very eyes.

All they have now is ad ad hominem name calling and selective bulverism 😎

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Well, we could build resort hotels, then there would be 5 times the asylum seekers, it's supposed to be difficult if it is easy the system will get swamped it's already close to that anyway. There has to be some sort of processing you can just let everybody wander in undocumented.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Oh, our foster care system has problems also, ain't gonna deny that but I grew up living next door to a foster home and worked as a teachers aide for kids with special needs, of which some were foster kids. Their clothes may not have been top of the line, heck some were hand me downs but they came to school in clean clothes every day and had more than one set of clothes.
Maybe you guys should spend some time reading what's being reported.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   

a reply to: Lumenari

Oh, our foster care system has problems also, ain't gonna deny that but I grew up living next door to a foster home and worked as a teachers aide for kids with special needs, of which some were foster kids. Their clothes may not have been top of the line, heck some were hand me downs but they came to school in clean clothes every day and had more than one set of clothes.
Maybe you guys should spend some time reading what's being reported.

So you think they should be given hospitable conditions to live? They are not guests, they are an invasion force.

Isn't there something like 100,000 a month getting caught. And you want $1000 a month spent on them for hotel, food and shopping? That's like $100,000,000 a month.

You must hate your country.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I would prefer the illegals drink out of toilets.
The water would remind them of home.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Um. Ya. I'm allergic to chlorine. We have well water also, have had if for years. We had to replace the well pump this year so we had to drop some chlorine into the well before we sealed it up. It took about 24 hours before I trusted to water enough to put my hands into it. I could tell there was a high concentration.
But like I said, they didn't bother checking to see if maybe there was too much chlorine, which I am sorry, but if the kids could smell it to know it was there, there was too much. I've live in the city. It was seldom I could smell the chlorine in the water. They decided to punish the kids for complaining instead by taking their mats away and making them sleep on the concrete floor.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

They came with clothes!! They were taken away from them. They are children and if the reports are true we are treating them more like animals!! And, while you are griping about costs think about this. We have many charity groups that have tried to help, and do help once they are processed into dept of human services care. Immigration is refusing this help! Many of them came with parents or another family member who could be taking care of them if we would let them. Instead we have taken that caregiver away and in some instances made it impossible to reconnect them. So maybe you should consider the cost of foster care for these kids that we just had to turn into orphans!!
I don't care if you pick them up and just load them up on a bus and take them back across the border or back home from wherever the came. But the trump administration ended a pilot program that was costing a heck of a lot less had a pretty good outcome when it came to them showing up for hearings. What we have now is a disaster and quite frankly if you can claim it's ok to great these kids this way then I have no dou t in my mind that you wouldn't see any problem with foster kids being treated just as badly.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

I get that, but beggars don't get to be choosers either. Water from different places tastes different. My folks' place also has deep well water -- it's liquid rock basically. It tastes awesome. Bottled water tastes sort of sour to me, but I'll drink it because it's water. Our city tap tastes different than the municipal water I grew up on which also came out of the aquifer and was close to liquid rock. But our city water comes from the river and is treated. I lived in one town for a time where the local water supply tasted heavily of sulfur and the dogs wouldn't touch it unless they were desperate. We bought water from the local car wash.

If they're going to live here, they'll have to adapt. And for now, they'll drink what they're given.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

We didn't have to turn them into orphans. Their parents did that by coming here illegally.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
How is this not awesome?

Alot of people were accusing her of lying. So she put her butt on the line and swore in to make the statement.

Its admirable if anything.

What would you do?
FALSE.

This is a political stunt, with which Cummings himself said was unnecessary.

ICS has refuted and even displayed a response.

Others have been and saw nothing AOC has said.

She is being cornered and now taking her position for granted, ala Booker playbook.

Kinda sad and pitiful that you're unable to see that, such an easily influence folk you are 🤭

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I would prefer the illegals drink out of toilets.
The water would remind them of home.

This is what I was trying to get at, which dawnstar can't seem to grasp.

The conditions they are fleeing can't be all that horrible, if they are complaining about the taste of water.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Unless of course, there was too much chlorine in it. I kind of think that at a certain level, it might be a tad bit unhealthy to drink, even for us citizens who are used to chlorinated water. Or at least that's the impression I got from my dad when he took me to work with him at the water treatment plant. He had to check a few times each night and I remember the level would occasionally be too high or too low we also would go around town and check all the wells. But it was just as bad for it to get too high as it was to be too l low although I doubt if the too high was actually ever allowed to get to dangerous levels.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join