It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AOC Swears Herself in at Capitol - Repeats Toilet Drinking Claims

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Major media spectacle in a House hearing today as AOC actually wanted herself to be sworn in for some testimony about the border camps' conditions !!

The Chair (non other than Elijah Cummings himself) was taken back and reminded her it wasn't even necessary 😃

She insisted and so be it.

What an act and it's getting so hammie and shallow 😃

Lots of vids in the article.

So who is she pandering to this time?

Ocasio-Cort ez Swears Herself in at Capitol, Repeats ‘Toilet Drinking’ Claims

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) testified Friday on Capitol Hill about what she witnessed during her recent tour of Border Patrol immigrant detention centers and volunteered to swear herself in before repeating claims that women migrants were told to drink water from toilets.
Appearing before the House Oversight Committee, the far-left freshman congresswoman asked to be put under oath, prompting a confused panel chairman Elijah Cummings (D-MD) to remind her the move was not necessary.

During the course of her testimony, Ocasio-Cortez reiterated many of the allegations she and other Democrats made in recent weeks about the conditions of detention centers and treatment of migrants. Among the claims, the 29-year-old said she still believes border patrol agents told women in one facility to drink toilet water.

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Since she was sworn in they should charge her with perjury if she can not back up her claims.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   
How is this not awesome?

Alot of people were accusing her of lying. So she put her butt on the line and swore in to make the statement.

Its admirable if anything.

What would you do?

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Major media spectacle in a House hearing today as AOC actually wanted herself to be sworn in for some testimony about the border camps' conditions !!

The Chair (non other than Elijah Cummings himself) was taken back and reminded her it wasn't even necessary 😃

She insisted and so be it.

What an act and it's getting so hammie and shallow 😃

Lots of vids in the article.

So who is she pandering to this time?

Ocasio-Cort ez Swears Herself in at Capitol, Repeats ‘Toilet Drinking’ Claims

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) testified Friday on Capitol Hill about what she witnessed during her recent tour of Border Patrol immigrant detention centers and volunteered to swear herself in before repeating claims that women migrants were told to drink water from toilets.
Appearing before the House Oversight Committee, the far-left freshman congresswoman asked to be put under oath, prompting a confused panel chairman Elijah Cummings (D-MD) to remind her the move was not necessary.

During the course of her testimony, Ocasio-Cortez reiterated many of the allegations she and other Democrats made in recent weeks about the conditions of detention centers and treatment of migrants. Among the claims, the 29-year-old said she still believes border patrol agents told women in one facility to drink toilet water.

I thought out politicians in the UK were farcical, but yours in the good ol US of A make them look relatively sabe and competent. Good luck.

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
How is this not awesome?

Alot of people were accusing her of lying. So she put her butt on the line and swore in to make the statement.

What would you do?

Now that she swore to it, she needs to back it up or be charged, don't you agree?

+16 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

There were other lawmakers in that cell that heard the migrants say that and one of them tried to get water out of the sink. The faucet was broken.
Are they all lying?

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: xuenchen

Since she was sworn in they should charge her with perjury if she can not back up her claims.

I listened to that today on cspan radio and I thought the same thing. As soon as someone finds out anything that she said to be untrue, she should be charged with lying to Congress. That would be so great to see happen.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Actually, she may have something here.
Let's put EVERY member of congress under oath before they say anything.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Without a pinky-swear it's not legally binding.

Pinky-Swear vs Poodles The farting Chimp Supreme Court case 1984

But back on topic. I really think Cortez is just an asshole in 400 dollar shoes.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

There were other lawmakers in that cell that heard the migrants say that and one of them tried to get water out of the sink. The faucet was broken.
Are they all lying?

Maybe a faucet was broken but that is not the same as being made to drink from a toilet.
There are more than one water fountain in there and they also have bottled water as well.
I doubt that she heard anyone say to drink out of the toilet.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

I think the fact that Elijah Cummings was taken aback should tell you even he thinks she's not being entirely truthful.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm

Are they all lying?

Maybe a faucet was broken but that is not the same as being made to drink from a toilet.
There are more than one water fountain in there and they also have bottled water as well.

The idiot heard what she wanted to hear.

She'll swear to it...because she's already convinced herself she actually heard it.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: JHumm

They are also locked in cells, maybe this cell only had one broken faucet??
It was the migrants that told them the guard said that.
As far as the bottled water, well, there's another report from a detention facility in Arizona I believe where a group of kids complained about the food being crap and the water being too heavily chlorinated. Instead of the guards handing them bottles water and heading off to test the water, they took away the mats the kids were using to sleep on. This is coming from dept of social services documents I believe.

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

They're came across the border illegally.

What did they expect? Gourmet food and Perrier? Also we are talking about kids who likely never drank chlorinated water in their lives. So any level of chlorination is going to be too much for them until they get used to modern sanitation.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Actually, she may have something here.
Let's put EVERY member of congress under oath before they say anything.

Agreed. Any public servant speaking in an official capacity should be under oath automatically, and subject to repercussions for lying to the public they serve.

I like her move, thing is, she said "she believes that's what she heard." She can believe anything she wants.../shrug.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You have not only the reports coming from the lawmakers who have visited some of these places, but also testimony and statements from court appointed monitors that have gone into the places and talked with the kids, incident reports filed by dept of social services, and doctors who have treated these kids.
I don't know what these kids expect, but I don't expect any kid that is under my government's care to be treated in the manner that seems to be portrayed !!! Heck if I treated my cat in like manner it would be probably be considered animal abuse!!

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
How is this not awesome?

What would you do?

No. It suggests that under normal conditions she is lying (and the rest of them). Basically she said: "Normally, when we Congress scum talk in here and give testimony, we are lying. So to make people think that something is different this time and I'm not lying, I'll swear myself in."

She is an absolute batcrap crazy idiot.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Recall -- none of them have to be here. Not one.

And if there is problem with it, then ask the Democrats like AOC why they refuse to vote for funding and adequate border control measures to fewer of them come here illegally.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: JHumm

Are they all lying?

The idiot heard what she wanted to hear.

She'll swear to it...because she's already convinced herself she actually heard it.

That, and/or that crazy bitch knows there isn't much chance of DISproving her claim. All she has to do is make another sympathy visit to the center, and offer some money to a detainee...and maybe even a guard...and she'll be able to trot them out on CNN/MSNBC/every "news" outlet and say "See?"

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join