It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US 300K new Lyme infections a year; near 100% population within decade?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   

With CDC reporting 300,000 new cases in us of lyme infection every year since around 2012, isn't that nearly the whole American infected with lime within a decade?

As even people who don't get out much still destinated to contract it with the next decade, the question arises where are they getting it from? chemtrails? or what??

edit on 12-7-2019 by letni because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   
A tiny bit of research shows that the 300,000 cases a year are an estimate, not confirmed cases, and 96% of the reported cases are in 14 states. A new case can be someone that has had lyme disease before, and was cured. So the numbers can be slightly more skewed.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Always carry matches

Oh and

Lyme disease comes from ticks and .... ticks

"There is no credible evidence that Lyme disease can be transmitted through air, food, water, or from the bites of mosquitoes, flies, fleas, or lice."

And this part

"In most cases, the tick must be attached for 36 to 48 hours or more before the Lyme disease bacterium can be transmitted."

www.cdc.gov...

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: markovian

Borrelia burgdorferi is a bacterial species of the spirochete class of the genus Borrelia. B. burgdorferi exists in North America and Europe and until 2016 was the only known cause of Lyme disease in North America (Borrelia mayonii, found in the midwestern US, is also known to cause the disease)

en.wikipedia.org...

There proof

Author information 1 Department of Biology and Medical Parasitology, Pomeranian Medical University, Powstancow Wielkopolskich Av. 72, 70-111 Szczecin, Poland. [email protected] Abstract

The aim of the study was to determine the infection level of adult forms and larvae of ticks and mosquitoes with Borrelia burgdorferi in the forested areas of Szczecin. A total of 1699 ticks Ixodes ricinus, including 1422 nymphs, 277 adult forms and 2862 mosquito females representing the genera Aedes (89.6%) and Culex (10.4%) were collected between the years 2004 and 2005.
A further 3746 larvae and 1596 pupae of Culex pipiens pipiens were colleted from water bodies. Borrelia burgdorferi s. l. was detected in the arthropods by the method of indirect immunofluorescence assay (IFA).

A positive immunological reaction was detected in 16.6% of the adult forms and in 16.5% of the nymphs of Ixodes ricinus. Spirochetes were also detected in 1.7% of mosquito females, 3.2% of larvae and in 1.6% of pupae of Culex pipiens pipiens. The results of the present study confirm that contact with ticks constitutes the main risk of contracting Lyme disease, although mosquitoes play a role as vectors as well.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: letni

US population: @ 350,000,000

300,000/yr

. . . . . . . 1,167 years.

I think we're okay.

But just in case. . . . . .

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Used to go down the Caribbean every year to be a shovel monkey.

First thing I remember the coordinators tell me was "Doesn't matter if it's desert heat, wear pants for where we are going".

Being 21 at the time I wore shorts, we bush whacked for about an hour, every plant was out to kill me, my legs swelled up.

At that point I fully understood why you wear long pants when in the bush, and that includes where plants aren't out to cause second degree burns on your legs, it's to keep the bugs out. Don't go into 1ft + bush without long pants tucked into your socks, ticks are everywhere, poison plants are all over as well.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   

There's way more than 3m people in the US. Like 110x more. So...1100 years if accurate.
edit on 7/12/2019 by dogstar23 because: (no reason given)

I don't want this to be construed as non-alarmist. The rise of Lyme Disease and ticks in general (or so it seems) is tragic, and terrifying. Even into our 20's, we used to go trudging thru forests, NOT on hiking paths, and I think one time, someone got a tick on them which was promptly removed. These last several years, even on asphalt trails through suburban forest preserves its as if its raining ticks. I have no doubt Lyme Disease escaped from the lab near Lyme, CT - whether accidental or not, whomever was responsible committed one of the greatest crimes against humanity (and animal-kind) in history.
edit on 7/12/2019 by dogstar23 because: More

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Someone has been grabbing ticks from Plum Island and throwing them at the population.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Correct me if I’m wrong, but at the rate of 300,000 a year and considering a total population of 300,000,000...wouldn’t that take 1,000 years to infect the total population? Not 10 years, lolol

Edit: DBCowboy beat me to the punch, lol. Maybe I should read the replies before I reply myself, eh?
edit on 14-7-2019 by RandomPerson because: Meh

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   
lyme just loves all the EMF radiation, so if for example in USA they build more EMF infra & people also use more wireless tech, it`s pretty sure to say that more lyme problems come imo . EMF also boost other pathogens, EBV , retrovirus and who knows what all. Mold also loves EMF.

It`s not all black and white , our own immune system can be taken down, and when that happen it might cause a bug problem .

With strong healthy immune system, lyme might not be even issue at all . This is something that the powers that be wont tell people, that the wireless tech is bad for immune system ( by design )

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I live in a heavily wooded area and trail run with my dog frequently. A ton of horses in my town and all kinds of wildlife - and an over abundance of ticks. Always has been. I got Lyme early last summer and it took a while to test positive, but I did. I was on day three of a super high fever and flu like symptoms before going to the hospital where they got my temp under control and ran every blood test known to man! I had multiple things going on. Anyway, the problem with Lyme, even when you get a positive test result once you're recovered every little thing that happens "could" be the Lyme. So like if I get a head cold... is it a head cold? or is it the Lyme? If I have some aches and pains, is it Lyme? or something else? Oh well.... I like to live on the edge.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skorpiogurl
I live in a heavily wooded area and trail run with my dog frequently. A ton of horses in my town and all kinds of wildlife - and an over abundance of ticks. Always has been. I got Lyme early last summer and it took a while to test positive, but I did. I was on day three of a super high fever and flu like symptoms before going to the hospital where they got my temp under control and ran every blood test known to man! I had multiple things going on. Anyway, the problem with Lyme, even when you get a positive test result once you're recovered every little thing that happens "could" be the Lyme. So like if I get a head cold... is it a head cold? or is it the Lyme? If I have some aches and pains, is it Lyme? or something else? Oh well.... I like to live on the edge.

Well, now that it's been reported that Justin Bieber has Lyme disease, I expect the rates of "potential infection" to skyrocket among the pre-teen set.

We'll see...

top topics

join