It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a warthog just flew over my house, he was so low he saw me waving and tipped his wing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I was in the Navy when the USS Cole happened. We were taken to Dover to play the coffins off of the plane. We were standing there at attention on the tarmac and you could see the plane coming in- I don't remember if it was a C-17 or C-130. But it was so huge, and it looked like it was just hardly moving at all as it approached; I don't know how else to describe it.

It landed and then taxied to stop VERY close to us. It was the loudest thing I have ever heard. I truly and honestly thought my eardrums were going to burst- tears came to my eyes (and everyone else in the band), it was so loud. You could FEEL the sound and vibrations in your whole body. We were at attention, so of course no one could move to cover their ears, and none of us had earplugs in. The relief, when it got quiet finally, was incredible.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

up until college i played saxophone and guitar

sound can have a very physical feel to it, as funny as that is to say,

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3
They used to fly around eastern Pennsylvania. Normally there would be two of them. But I used to love watching them. They are ugly as sin but as was stated earlier they are kind of pretty.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Somethingsamiss

The Demo Teams are the only ones authorized to fly normally by themselves. Under normal operations, even with a ferry flight, they'll have two aircraft flying together.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   
A-10 Warthog - one of the best deals the taxpayers ever got.
We have a squadron stationed near me at Selfridge ANG base.
Every time they talk about discontinuing or moving the planes local residents become very vocal in opposition

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

Hehe.. following these folks.

They are getting around.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

They canceled at least three shows, and changed to Heritage Flights at several more.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join