It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Labor Secretary Acosta announces he will step down, amid criticism over Epstein plea deal

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Not sticking up for Acosta here at all (I've been saying Trump should fire him), but to me his stepping down voluntarily sends a several interesting messages:

1. He's protecting someone (or someones), and it's more than likely a politician(s). His stepping down won't help him avoid legal prosecution if he broke the law, but it definitely will remove any political leverage to force him to reveal who these politicians are. This was a very calculated move, trust me.

2. He likely didn't agree with going easy on Epstein to begin with, but was directed to do so from above (likely WAY above), and he was probably promised he'd be rewarded later. I'd even go as far as to say Trump may have been pressured to put him in for Secretary of Labor. Secretary of Labor is a seedy/shady position anyway, and they often have past affiliations with some pretty shady characters in the organized crime world and labor unions. The AFL/CIO is just a step away.

3. The 'new guard' doesn't understand how deep this whole Epstein thing goes, and the 'old guard' on both sides of the fence are in some serious danger of being exposed.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Krakatoa

If we as a society depend upon only public opinion

A trial is nothing more than a legal form of public opinion.
Jury of your peers and all.

I really wish you would educate yourself on how our legal system works.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Acosta is not going to be tried for anything. What are you talking about?

Actually in this case he could be charged although it wouldnt end with him alone as it would move up the levels to encompass others. While prosecutors (state and federal) enjoy absolute immunity from actions taken in a case in their official capacity if a prosecutor breaks the law in the process they can be held accountable.

In this case a plea bargain was given to and accepted by Epstein. The victims were not notified of the plea deal until after it was accepted and official, which violates Federal law (even though the plea deal was at the state level). The AG of Florida at the time also pulled some shady crap and didnt want anything to do with the case period. The plea deal made by Acosta was forced onto the state of Florida.

Acosta is claiming he was ordered to back off of Epstein by his boss and told that Epstein belonged to the alphabet agencies. Personally I think he has info that would implicate high profile people and was protected by corrupt government officials, like the Clintons.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
a reply to: Sillyolme

Just curious, you come in and respond to all these posts and conveniently ignored this one where one of the victims confirms that Bill Clinton visited Pedo Island. Do you believe the victim?

Are you not getting enough attention ? Is that it?
The thread is not about that its about Acosta resigning.
And I responded to posts that had to do with that. Perhaps if you were on topic I would respond to yours too.

Bill Clinton was named/identified by several of the underage girls, including pictures of his arms around a girl. Except for the trips with SS on that plane, underage girls were present and were included in the flight manifest. The most recent statement he released denying knowing about anything Epstein was doing was debunked within 24 hours. He claimed he only went on the plane 4 times when flight manifests show he was on it 26 times.

Clinton is done so dont bother trying to deflect on this one.
edit on 13-7-2019 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Acosta is not going to be tried for anything. What are you talking about?

Actually in this case he could be charged although it wouldnt end with him alone as it would move up the levels to encompass others. While prosecutors (state and federal) enjoy absolute immunity from actions taken in a case in their official capacity if a prosecutor breaks the law in the process they can be held accountable.

In this case a plea bargain was given to and accepted by Epstein. The victims were not notified of the plea deal until after it was accepted and official, which violates Federal law (even though the plea deal was at the state level). The AG of Florida at the time also pulled some shady crap and didnt want anything to do with the case period. The plea deal made by Acosta was forced onto the state of Florida.

Acosta is claiming he was ordered to back off of Epstein by his boss and told that Epstein belonged to the alphabet agencies. Personally I think he has info that would implicate high profile people and was protected by corrupt government officials, like the Clintons.

Thank you for "dumming it down" for certain silly people that think the legal system is a glorified public opinion mob rule decision process. You said it better than I could...kudo's.

edit on Sun Jul 14 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: restored

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Just curious, you come in and respond to all these posts and conveniently ignored this one where one of the victims confirms that Bill Clinton visited Pedo Island. Do you believe the victim?

a reply to: face23785

According to the flight logs he was never there. At least he never flew on epsteins jet to go there.
He flew other places but not to the Caribbean.

So you don't believe the victim. Got it.
So much for not playing politics when it comes to children's safety.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

Also.......Go after the ball not the player.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Probably that or too many victims.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Unless it's H. Clinton...no indictment, no trial,

Correction - she was most certainly 'indicted', in public, but not by a grand jury, by one FBI Director named James Comey. He read the list of her crimes, on national television, before saying they had decided not to prosecute her. Crimes that anyone else would have been in jail for life for committing.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   
double...
edit on 15-7-2019 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Trump supporters don't need any legal decision.

That is pure and utter nonsense. No one, ever, has called for locking her up without a trial, and you know it.

Yes, the chant was just 'lock her up', but 'Indict her, giver her a fair trial and present the overwhelming evidence in plain sight to prove she is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, and when she is convicted, lock her up!' just doesn't have the same short sweet sound.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   

ummm yeah.
Epstein did 13 months in a minimum security facility where he was out on work detail for twelve hours every day at an office outside the prison.
And yes its all completely documented so no one... not even you... can deny it.

Ummm... he was obviously talking about Acosta...

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
you have to really have your blinders on to not see Trump also partied with Epstein.

Correction: you really have to have your TDS blinders on to not see that Trumps association with Epstein was all purely social. They were both NY billionaires. They both liked to go to hi falootin social events (aka 'parties'), and many times both happened to show up at the same ones.

However, the meaningful evidence that Trump was 'best buds' with him is non-existent - in fact, there is plenty of evidence that they weren't.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

You are aware that a teenage girl has accused him of raping her in Epsteins apartment in Manhattan are you not?

You do know that the girl dropped her case because she received death threats right?

This case may very well motivate her to be brave. Guess we will see how it plays out.

Old story but it tells why she dropped her case.

www.theguardian.com...

Woman accusing Trump of raping her at 13 cancels her plan to go public

edit on 7152019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

edit on 7152019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   

PS

Trumps association with Epstein was all purely social.

Yes it was. Social as in lets be rich guys and party together in any way we want because we can...

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   

You are aware that a teenage girl has accused him of raping her in Epsteins apartment in Manhattan are you not?

Yes, I'm aware that an unnamed pseudonym has made an accusation.

Sorry, but it doesn't pass the smell test.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   

"Trumps association with Epstein was all purely social."

Yes it was. Social as in lets be rich guys and party together in any way we want because we can...

Unless you have some actual, real evidence, all you have is fictitious words bouncing around inside your head. Please keep those to yourself, spilling them here just makes you look... silly...

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   

You're aware that one of Epstein's victims claims that Bill Clinton was at Pedo Island right? But you don't believe her and have repeatedly ignored that because your support for the Clintons transcends abuse of children.

You make me sick. You are the epitome of what's wrong with American partisan politics. Party above all, even if kids get raped.
edit on 15 7 19 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Get real. I am not defending Clinton.

I think it is absolutely asinine that Trump's faithful like you will ignore his association with Epstein, and instead deflect it all to Clinton.

TAKE YOUR BLINDERS OFF! TRUMP IS NOT INNOCENT!

Your only defense is Trump is not as guilty as Clinton.

Get real folks!

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

Get real. I am not defending Clinton.

I think it is absolutely asinine that Trump's faithful like you will ignore his association with Epstein, and instead deflect it all to Clinton.

TAKE YOUR BLINDERS OFF! TRUMP IS NOT INNOCENT!

Your only defense is Trump is not as guilty as Clinton.

Get real folks!

Actually their only defense is that Trump isn't known for a fact to have flown on Epstein's plane dozens of times or to have visited his Pedo Island. Clinton is known for a fact to have done both of those things. Flight logs show he was on the plane a bunch of times, including sometimes without his security detail, and one of the victims confirmed that Clinton was at the island.

All we know about Trump is that Epstein belonged to his club, got banned from the club by Trump for harassing a minor, and Trump borrowed his plane to fly from Florida to NY once. That's a lot different association if you want to "get real."

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join