It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Labor Secretary Acosta announces he will step down, amid criticism over Epstein plea deal

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: olaru12

You know what I'm talking about. Trump supporters don't need any legal decision. Sharks in the water indeed!

So, you are attributing MY response to others actions?
More guilt by association I see. Can't refute my position, so you resort to those tactics too?

Not cool.

Nope, just presenting the hypocrisy. There's plenty to go around.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

You know what I'm talking about. Trump supporters don't need any legal decision. Sharks in the water indeed!

So, you are attributing MY response to others actions?
More guilt by association I see. Can't refute my position, so you resort to those tactics too?

Not cool.

Nope, just presenting the hypocrisy. There's plenty to go around.

Then please refrain from making the association with me. I have been consistent in supporting the rule of law and the Constitution, REGARDLESS of the party in power. I take it personally that you made a loose association to others that make these baseless accusations....when you were responding to me directly.

I am a registered independent, have been for decades. I hold not affiliation with any party, and never will. I support the office not the person in that office. I would expect no more and accept no less if I were in that role. That is how I look at things like this, which I think is fair.

edit on 7/12/2019 by Krakatoa because: fixed spelling errors

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

I take it personally that you made a loose association to others that make these baseless accusations....when you were responding to me directly.

Sorry, didn't mean to accuse you directly....

I on the other hand do take it personally when others defend pedophiles like imo Acosta and Epstein and the rest of his accomplices that knew exactly what was going on and said nothing. And infact threatened the victims thru their connections with the power structure.

BTW, I have no faith in the Judicial system of the US. when there is such a discrepancy between the sentencing of the poor vs the wealthy with money, attorneys and influence. As this case clearly demonstrates...
edit on 12-7-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-7-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I take it personally that you made a loose association to others that make these baseless accusations....when you were responding to me directly.

Sorry, didn't mean to accuse you directly....

I on the other hand do take it personally when others defend pedophiles like imo Acosta and Epstein and the rest of his crew that knew exactly what was going on.

Thanks, and as I clearly stated in a few of my posts in this thread, I too would not defend a proven pedo at all. However, unlike many here, I prefer to wait for it to be PROVEN first before I unleash my personal wrath upon someone like that.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Epstein was an "intelligence asset". There's posts her on ats talking about that.

He was told to "go easy" on Epstein.

Another person was told that Epstein was "above their paygrade".

This is some serious Deep State stuff.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   
It's not everyday a billionaire gets arrested ,

Maybe after this the world can move on because it was formerly recently stuck there with a shower of # in charge of most of it .
edit on 12-7-2019 by FieldMarshalMatt because: (no reason given)

Wang Zhenhua arrested today cm charges / that's a chinese billionaire in china .
edit on 12-7-2019 by FieldMarshalMatt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

He is facing state charges should New York go that route and Federal charges. The detective who first did this investigation out of Florida mysteriously died in 2018, when this mess popped back into the news. Epsteins home on the little St. James island (it is a part of the US Virgin Islands and falls under US jurisdiction) burned to the ground last year as well. The underground portion was filled in with concrete.

EEpstein has a record of buying of potential witnesses/victims against him and have warned others that failure to comply with what Epstein wants will be taken care of. The Feds have told the judge in the newest case that he is still tampering with witnesses and victims.

Whats occurring with Epstein and everyone involved (Clintons etc) reminds me of how they brought down Al Capone. Viewing the comparison to the deep state trying to get rid of Trump its almost as if these high profile people in the US were so careful that going after them for fraud / sedition etc would be extremely difficult. Going down the Epstein route seems to be another avenue where the high profile people seem to have left a paper trail. This is evident with the statement put out by Bill Clinton, only to have his statement / denial debunked within 24 hours.

Bill claimed only 4 trips however the flight manifest shows he was on the plane 26 times and also shows underage girls were on them when secret service was not present / ditched by Clinton.

Also its interesting to see the amount of overlap between the groups / people trying to bring down Trump compared to the groups / people implicated with epstein.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 05:00 AM
link   

If we as a society depend upon only public opinion

A trial is nothing more than a legal form of public opinion.
Jury of your peers and all.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

It is being reported that epstein attempted to bribe a witness against him with $350K.
Reported by NY Times.

www.nytimes.com...

Federal prosecutors made the allegations in an effort to have bail denied for Mr. Epstein, the financier facing sex-trafficking charges. Jeffrey Epstein, 66, has been charged with sex trafficking in Federal District Court in Manhattan. Credit New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services, via Reuters ImageJeffrey Epstein, 66, has been charged with sex trafficking in Federal District Court in Manhattan. Jeffrey Epstein, 66, has been charged with sex trafficking in Federal District Court in Manhattan.CreditCreditNew York State Division of Criminal Justice Services, via Reuters Benjamin Weiser By Benjamin Weiser July 12, 2019 739 Just days after a newspaper expose last November drew new attention to Jeffrey Epstein’s predatory behavior toward young women, he wired $350,000 to two people close to him, federal prosecutors revealed on Friday.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Acosta is not going to be tried for anything. What are you talking about?

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 05:19 AM
link   

ummm yeah.
Epstein did 13 months in a minimum security facility where he was out on work detail for twelve hours every day at an office outside the prison.
And yes its all completely documented so no one... not even you... can deny it.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Just curious, you come in and respond to all these posts and conveniently ignored this one where one of the victims confirms that Bill Clinton visited Pedo Island. Do you believe the victim?

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Just curious, you come in and respond to all these posts and conveniently ignored this one where one of the victims confirms that Bill Clinton visited Pedo Island. Do you believe the victim?
It doesn't conform to the narrative, of course they will ignore it.

Good on calling them out tho.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

If you guys bothered to pay attention I have already said that ANYONE who is suspected should face questioning and if there is evidence should be tried. That includes Bill Clinton.
I do not play politics when it comes to the safety of children.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Epstein was an "intelligence asset". There's posts her on ats talking about that.

There are rumors of that. Why is he suddenly facing prosecution now if that is true? Is he no longer useful?

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

According to the flight logs he was never there. At least he never flew on epsteins jet to go there.
He flew other places but not to the Caribbean.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

ummm yeah.
Epstein did 13 months in a minimum security facility where he was out on work detail for twelve hours every day at an office outside the prison.
And yes its all completely documented so no one... not even you... can deny it.

Who is denying that here? My post, if you read it properly, was about the labor secretary Acosta, not Epstein.

Care to provide proof of his wrongdoing in that trial? Or, was he just doing his best in the role he was charged with doing?

Many lawyers (prosecutor or defender) must adjudicate for their clients whether they like them or not, regardless of their alleged crimes. They work for the client, and their job is to make the best deal for that client, period. Whether you like it or not is irrelevant, and also does not mean they are "in cahoots" with the actions or accusations of that client. What they can be held for is doing illegal things in the process of handling the case. THAT is what I am referring to in my post.

So, I ask again, do you have any evidence, real evidence that is not accusations from "unknown sources", that Acosta acted illegally in that case?

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Are you not getting enough attention ? Is that it?
The thread is not about that its about Acosta resigning.
And I responded to posts that had to do with that. Perhaps if you were on topic I would respond to yours too.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

He dropped the ball and/or helped facilitate the freedom of a kid toucher.

Has that accusation been proven? Where was that legal decision?

I thought the conviction would go to showing that Acosta did what he did. I wasn't exactly talking about epestin except to say that his sentence his very lenient sentence kind of supported that Acosta gave a sweet deal to a kiddy diddler.
But if it doesnt then forgive me.
I believe I read your post correctly.
I didn't say Acosta did anything illegal .... ever
edit on 7132019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Yes. However you have to really have your blinders on to not see Trump also partied with Epstein.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join