It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mob Beats Carjacker To Death Who Stole Car With Three Kids In Philly

page: 24
<< 21  22  23   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Bad move messing with someone's property and children. I hope no charges are filed as an example to deter other thieves from making the same mistake.

Mobs are a huge problem in this country right now.

Cheering it on is cheering on the breakdown of law and justice in society.

This isnt good news. It's a herald of worse things to come.

As if people killing each other is a new development? A new metric for decoding when the SHTF?

Little dramatic there Vixen lol. This story could have been printed in 1912 dude.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
Carjacking is when you stick a gun in someone's face and tell them to get out of their car so you can take it.
That's not what happened here, so why are they calling him a carjacker?

Or, and this is just my opinion, when you take a car with three small children in it, unable to fight back it's a carjacking since the vehicle was occupied. I'm never going to buy the guy did not notice the children. No way does a stranger jump in a car with "a 7-month-old, a 1-year-old and a 5-year-old" and they don't make their presence known.

The bad guy died at the hospital. They beat him up yes, but they did not actually kill him. An incompetent emergency services response likely killed him.

“He fled on foot about a half a block. And the boyfriend caught up to him and there was some sort of physical struggle that ensued," Small said. "Then other males from the neighborhood intervened and began punching and kicking the male who took the vehicle."

About an hour after the carjacking occurred, emergency services arrived on the scene and found the carjacker unconscious, WCAU reported. He was taken to Temple University Hospital and pronounced dead.

You could say the emergency services in Philly killed him by not showing up for that long. Even in big cities, response time is generally under ten minutes.
edit on 7/14/2019 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

Little dramatic there Vixen lol

Vixen isn't my username. It isn't phonetic and I am not a woman.

This story could have been printed in 1912 dude.

But it wasn't. It was printed in 2019 and someone was chased down and beaten to death and people think this is justice.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: UKTruth

The kid in the running car puts it in gear. It kills a man's wife on the street. He and a mob kill the mother. OK, right? justice served.

Just what are the rules for mob justice?

Did that happen? No, it didn't.
Even in your stupid hypothetical, the mother would not have made a conscious decision to hurt another family.
What you've described is an accident, not a scumbag carjacking and kidnapping a family's kids.

You dont accidentally leave your children in the car..
If the car was running it wouldn't be unimaginable to have a kid hit the shifter.

For every action the Is a reaction, this chain of events stared by the mothers choice to leave her kids in a running car alone...

If she never did that. There would have never been an empty car to steal

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: midicon
Why? So we the taxpayers can support him for the next 10-20 years. Criminals should not be able to inflict terror and crime with impunity. They must face risks that are as great or greater than the ones they place on us. When I shop in certain parts of the city I live in I do not feel safe. I have to walk like I am on an aircraft carrier flight deck. I go any way but it is a risk I take.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth
So life is a decent persons responsibility to just allow and mold daily living so that trash criminals don't commit crime? I agree don't leave cars running unattended with children in it. But the criminal in question should have done his mental checklist too. One, intend to carjack or steal car. Two CHILDREN IN IT ABORT!!!!!!!!. Now we have not only cart theft but kidnapping. Look this is not like leaving a loaded gun on an in table around a four year old. This is an adult that made a choice to commit crime and paid a heavy price. The world should side on decent folk and not give benefit of the doubt to POS's.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Even in your stupid hypothetical,

Unless the kids were secured in car seats and couldn't move about freely in t he car, I assure you, this is far from hypothetical, it happens all the time - it has happened to me, when my wife let the kids 'play' in the car while parked in the driveway. My 2 year old found the lone key I keep in it to use, and started the car. If we hadn't been right there, something bad could have happened.

Also - I would never, under any circumstances, leave my kids in a car alone in a public place (not at home) - running or not - even for a few minutes without locking it. Anything else is brain-dead stupid.

the mother would not have made a conscious decision to hurt another family.

And some driving under the influence doesn't make a conscious decision to hurt anyone - does that make it 'just an accident'?

All of this said - while I wouldn't be happy about it, I couldn't in good conscience argue with the decision to arrest and charge the people responsible for the actual beating/death, as it was not called for.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ansuzrune
So life is a decent persons responsibility to just allow and mold daily living so that trash criminals don't commit crime? I agree don't leave cars running unattended with children in it. But the criminal in question should have done his mental checklist too. One, intend to carjack or steal car. Two CHILDREN IN IT ABORT!!!!!!!!. Now we have not only cart theft but kidnapping. Look this is not like leaving a loaded gun on an in table around a four year old. This is an adult that made a choice to commit crime and paid a heavy price. The world should side on decent folk and not give benefit of the doubt to POS's.

Sadly the entire community is not the best role models.
Close by their was a similar mob attack when the McDonalds ran out of ketchup or chicken nuggets

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
# happens.

If the man would have never set that series of events into motion, by deciding to commit the crime, he would be fine.

He should be charged with his own murder.

And sentenced to death with time served.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   
You can actually compare McDonalds running out of ketchup and a POS stealing a car with kids in it. Yes it is a mob attack but the reasons are 180 degrees apart. Jeez.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth

originally posted by: midicon

The father and anyone else involved should be charged with murder. The correct course of action should have been to detain the thief until the cops arrive, not beat him to death.

I agree.... the thief left the car....then he was chased down and murdered.

Then Again in this area i have seen mobs get violent of McDonalds runs out of ketchup packets

The problem is you're expecting professional quality subduing here.

The Mob wants this guy arrested. If they do nothing he can flee the scene and vanish into the city. (And possibly car jack somebody else's family.)

When they catch him, they'll try to restrain him without hurting him, but they're not trained in police or other professional quality restraint tactics.

If the guy fights back, a trained police officer would get out a baton and use some kind of professional hold tactic to restrain him without hurting him.

All a mob is going to know how to do is hit him until he stops fighting. (Which if he stops fighting right away, would mean they only hit him a few times.)

If their goal was to merely restrain him, but he made it too hard to do safely, the option to let him go instead should NOT be considered a viable option. They did the right thing forcing him to submit, even if it had unintended consequences.
edit on 17-7-2019 by bloodymarvelous because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
The time will come when supporting certain politicians or companies will be endangering someone's children and mob justice against that person will be warranted.

This kind of thing is a slippery slope. And I can see that scenario happening to some MAGA hat wearing person walking down the street minding their own business.

After all, the mob would be killing a Nazi....Right?

This is a sad story all around. The carjacker may have been scum, but beating him to death seems to me to be a bit overkill. pun intended.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   

edit on 18-7-2019 by midicon because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 21  22  23   >>

join