It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mob Beats Carjacker To Death Who Stole Car With Three Kids In Philly

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Our society has gone downhill because our current laws enable more criminal activity not less.

Maybe we should just kill everyone who did anything even slightly wrong and report any criminal activity for credit .

Oh wait China already does that... But i don't think it is that great there now, is there?

link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Next time someone breaks into your house and steals your TV and your kids remember, the only important item taken is the TV!

What happened to

I can only discuss this incident, not a made up one.

link   
a reply to: ZeroFurrbone

Don't. Touch. The. Kids.

link   

The father sought justice and received it

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

If those idiots forgot their own kids in the car and let them get stolen then they deserve it.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Then there should be justice for the murdered vicutm aka the person who took the car.

Or justice should be just 1 sided?

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   

So you are blaming the parents and defending the thief.

This is what’s wrong in our society.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Don't. Touch. The. Kids.

I bet the father beats his own kids too anyway. If he is capable of killing someone just because they stole their car... I mean that person doesnt seem to care much if they left the kids in the car with the engine running lol.

link   

originally posted by: ZeroFurrbone

Then there should be justice for the murdered vicutm aka the person who took the car.

The thief received his justice.

link   
There are two aspects to this:

What the man and his accomplices did was murder. They beat another man to death and were not in fear of their life. It is proper that this is being investigated.

However, the man was in fear of his children's lives until the moment the suspect was pulled from the car. At that moment, the children were recovered unharmed (except for mental distress, which was at least stopped). But fear don't work like that; you don't turn it on and off like a light switch. As long as the chase was not extensive (and I don;t think it was based on the article), the man was still justified by self-protection.

Had he hunted the suspect down... no excuse. Had the suspect surrendered, less excuse. Had the police been on scene to take control of the situation, no excuse. But confronted with someone who had just tried to kidnap his kids, who is showing no signs of surrender, and who is still in the process of trying to escape justice... I would say justified homicide.

Here's the thing: I am a parent. There is nothing I would not do for my kids, even today when they are both grown. When they were young, between the age of a few months and 5 years, any attack on my kids would have meant one of us was not leaving the area. Period. It would not matter if it happened in the middle of a gun accuracy course sponsored by the local police department... I would literally kill anyone who tried to harm my kids. That's what parents do... they protect their children. That cannot be legislated away.

I have read the thread... I have heard the excuses. "What if they got the wrong guy?" "Where do we draw the line?" "Is the punishment acceptable?" Let's take these one at a time:
  • "Wrong guy": It wasn't the wrong guy; it all happened in the heat of the moment. We're not talking about someone who later on hunted down someone who had attacked his kids. Had the man done that, I would be much less forgiving (although still somewhat understanding).

• "Where do we draw the line?": We draw the line at not stealing from others, and especially at not trying to steal children from others. This was a direct assault on the man's family, and a direct assault like this will carry consequences. This is also not in comparison with, say, attacking someone in the middle of the street because of the sign they're holding. This is the single most egregious act I can imagine, and would elicit a violent response form any reasonable person.

• "Is the punishment too much?": This was not punishment. This was self-defense. As I stated earlier, it all happened during the heat of the moment. The man was not interested in the least about how much the suspect was punished; he was defending his family. Until the situation was de-escalated, it matters not that the suspect was trying to flee. There is a line that, once crossed, cannot be uncrossed... and the suspect crossed it.

Long story short: Had those been my children, I doubt he would have made it to the hospital. One of us would not have survived the street encounter.

The others who beat the man... now, we're talking a horse of a different color! They engaged without being in self-defense of their family. They are guilty of murder without the benefit of self-defense. I would not hold them very accountable for a beat-down, but this guy died. That's more than a beat-down. To be honest, the parent in me hopes they are never identified, but the rest of me understands that they were in the wrong and the law should apply.

The mother can be in some legal trouble as well... as in a charge of child neglect. Personally, I think the proper course would be to charge her, then either drop charges or get the judge to slap her on the wrist... maybe a small fine. I would say she already has figured out the error of her ways. There's a reason we have people who preside over our trials: not every crime deserves the maximum punishment. This is one of those IMO.

Bottom line: I'll lose no sleep over the carjacker dying. He tried to hurt kids. You attack someone's family, you get what you get. I don't see where the father did anything wrong; his participation in the murder was in defense of his family. The mother should also not suffer any major legal issues; yes, she was in the wrong, but the court cannot punish her more than she has already been punished. The others who assisted in the beating? They were in the wrong, and I'll not lose much sleep over them either if they are prosecuted. If they are prosecuted, it will probably be for manslaughter anyway, not murder.

The suspect is dead. He paid the ultimate cost for his actions. I say good. Anyone who would steal children should be waking up every day under the dirt, not on top of it with decent folks.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

The thief is the victum.

Murder > some stolen car.

So you get to decide what is proper punishment?

I think the law/courts are supposed to determine that, I'm not on the carjackers team but your post reeks of irony!

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   

If those idiots forgot their own kids in the car and let them get stolen then they deserve it.

And there it is everyone.

Having your children kidnapped and car stolen is the fault of the parents by this persons standards.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   

So you are blaming the parents and defending the thief.

This is what’s wrong in our society.

The thief is dead. What esle can i say about him? Why should i not defend him? he can't defend himself because he is dead. Imagine you are poor and just want to steal a car. The government is against you, you are poor , in a bad croud. maybe just out of jail and no one wants you. then you steal a car and some moron who let his kids in the car comes and kills you even tho you litteraly left the car and no one is in danger.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

And there it is everyone.

Having your children kidnapped and car stolen is the fault of the parents by this persons standards.

If you let your kid to die in a car because you forgot to pull down the window, then its not your foult? is that waht yo uare saying? If the parent is careless its not their foult?

link   
a reply to: TheRedneck
They didn’t murder the thief they injured him.

He died due to his injuries later.

If they had meant to murder him, I have no doubt he would have been dead at the scene.

link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Meh, no great loss here.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   

And if a woman dresses sexy, she's asking to be raped? So it's her fault and the rapist shouldn't be punished?

Sure, if you put yourself in a bad position, you bear some responsibility for being a twit; that's what guilt is for, but the thief is still the thief and in this case a would-be kidnapper. Those two bad decisions are solely on the head of the person who made them and no one else's.

link   

The thief received his justice.

Ok he did. Thats the 1 side. Then what about the gou who killed him? You can't have just 1 side.

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Don't. Touch. The. Kids.

I bet the father beats his own kids too anyway. If he is capable of killing someone just because they stole their car... I mean that person doesnt seem to care much if they left the kids in the car with the engine running lol.

And I bet you are a thief that steals anything not bolted down because in your mind it is the fault of the owner for not securing it.

link   
The article called the man the woman's boyfriend. Are the children actually his? They could be not married but have children together.

If they are not his children I wonder if that will change how the law and/or jurors see this event.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join