It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mob Beats Carjacker To Death Who Stole Car With Three Kids In Philly

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   
If it was instinctive he would have checked on his kids first, not jump on fighting.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

That is a logical argument, but not for this case.

The facts don't support it. There's no justification for the majority of the violence once the subject was subdued.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I just hate how you think one life is more important than other. This is what it bugs me the most. Why some people think one life is more important just because

1: They know the person
2: It is human
3: it is a relative
4: it is a good person

and etc.

its like there is pyramid where on top are few people and the rest are at the bottom.

This is wrong on so many levels.

All lives are equal be a thief, a murderer , a pedophile or the president of the united states, your parents, some dog on the street, you.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZeroFurrbone
If it was instinctive he would have checked on his kids first, not jump on fighting.

I disagree. Men are not prone to react like women.

Men will often end the threat first and then check on the kids. Tactically speaking, this is also the best course of action.

Regardless, the beat down and subsequent death was unjustified. The law calls for as much violence as needed to stop the threat. This is clearly an unjustified overboard beating.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I am a man and i would rather check if the kids are alright rather than chase down the thief.

So your reasoning isn't quiet true.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ZeroFurrbone

Cut the Mahatma Gandhi bullsnip, it's rather sickening. No, your life is not equal in my mind to the lives of anyone in my circle of family and friends, nor will it ever be. That isn't a slight on you, just a simple fact. There are acts a human being can commit and wrongs they can do which drop them into the "your life is worth less than nothing" category as well (thus why I am 100% in favor of capital punishment and even feel it should be greatly expanded as it isn't used nearly enough... it is also why I'd have a near impossible time sitting on a jury and convicting anyone of murder of they were reacting to the illegal offenses of someone else to their family, person, or property.) Simply put, you don't matter in my world whereas I do, in fact matter, in my world. The difference between us is that I don't expect nor ask to matter in your world while you seem to be pleading to matter in everyone else's worlds.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   

But it is.

The army trained me to stop the threat first before rendering aid. Police are trained to stop the threat first then render aid. Tactically, it is the right answer.

If the suspect is fleeing I'm not going to chase him, however. So if that's what you mean then we agree.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   

I would say, based on that and on the post you were responding to, that it can be said you're prone to react like a woman.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: DBCowboy

I'm guessing he was a stout man to be able to carry horses.

Legend has it he was a heavy-set gent.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: mtnshredder

Just a side note. . . I have a great-great grand uncle who was hung for horse thieving.

Damn, yeah it wasn’t taken likely back in the day. I take it no family members followed in his footsteps though.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   

I'd love to see you on a jury just so i t report you to the lawyers and they to throw you out of the jury pool.

If you are dying, i will help you.

Sorry if you don't feel the same way toward me or anyone of less importance.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   

No, your life is not equal in my mind to the lives of anyone in my circle of family and friends, nor will it ever be. That isn't a slight on you, just a simple fact.

I just wanna highlight this sentence for example of a fact.

ZeroFurrbone

This is a very basic reality. You may be inclined to believe that respect for all life is paramount and should be the focal point of decision making, but that doesn't jive with reality.

If this case had been a clear case of self-defense and defense of others and the criminal was killed in the process I would be fine with it. A felon's life is not more important than yours. Deadly force in self-defense is perfectly justifiable.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I would say, based on that and on the post you were responding to, that it can be said you're prone to react like a woman.

Sure, If thats acting like a concerned human being rather than a mindless brute. You sure have some weird views if you think people are just males and females.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

No, your life is not equal in my mind to the lives of anyone in my circle of family and friends, nor will it ever be. That isn't a slight on you, just a simple fact.

I just wanna highlight this sentence for example of a fact.

ZeroFurrbone

This is a very basic reality. You may be inclined to believe that respect for all life is paramount and should be the focal point of decision making, but that doesn't jive with reality.

If this case had been a clear case of self-defense and defense of others and the criminal was killed in the process I would be fine with it. A felon's life is not more important than yours. Deadly force in self-defense is perfectly justifiable.

If you are forced to commit a crime ( For instane you as a soldier are forced/ordered to kill civilians) and someone shoots you based on that , do you really think your life would be still more important even if you are a fellon?
edit on 12-7-2019 by ZeroFurrbone because: spelling

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: oddnutz

First off, sorry for the disfigured lefty. Second, im glad you're not my father/mother ( I know one would assume it's a dude by his name, but his sense of the oddly shaped fortitude seems lacking). On the other, much cleaner hand, this is just what ATS needs. A thread like this is worth millions. What does a European based social media site do when hits are low and rent on their 3 bedroom flat is due? Enlist a troll to keep the clicks a comin. Im guilty like the beautiful rest of you, though. I hear crickets.....…......

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   

If you are forced to commit a crime ( For instane you as a soldier are forced/ordered to kill civilians) and someone shoots you based on that , do you really think your life would be still more important even if you are a fellon?

Read that out loud to yourself and see if it makes sense to you.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

yes it does.. why else would i say it -.-

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: mtnshredder

Just a side note. . . I have a great-great grand uncle who was hung for horse thieving.

Damn, yeah it wasn’t taken likely back in the day. I take it no family members followed in his footsteps though.

There's a little larceny in my family tree.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   
You said fellons are less important than your own life.

Then read what i said again....

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: midicon

The father and anyone else involved should be charged with murder. The correct course of action should have been to detain the thief until the cops arrive, not beat him to death.

False, the correct course of action should have been not stealing a car. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. It should be a lesson to deter others. Never the criminals fault is it?

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join