It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mob Beats Carjacker To Death Who Stole Car With Three Kids In Philly

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: CynConcepts

originally posted by: ZeroFurrbone

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: roadgravel

A jury of 12 would rule on opinion, which may be based on facts.

Point being: it is a reasonable response for that guy to pull the thief from the car and beat his ass. His death was unfortunate (for him anyway).

Didnt you read the news article?

The guy started beating the thief isntead of checking how his kids are. Thats not reasonable.

So in your mind he should have taken the time to see if kids were all okay and just let the bad guy get away? That is rediculous! You catch the POS first!

Um..no, you make sure your kids are OK!!

Jeezus

Surely this is where the saying " out of the frypan and to the fire " comes from.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I can live with that.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Ya, I can't believe that.

My 1st thought would be for my kids.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I can live with that.

lolz at the tough guy. . . yeah, I'm sure you could.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Well, this is all by what you were saying.

if someone does something wrong and you see it, don't you want to enact justice on them? See someone stealing a car? Beat him till he dies. You see a robber? Shoot him up. You see a guy beating another guy? Help and beat the sh*t out of him.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: midicon

The father and anyone else involved should be charged with murder. The correct course of action should have been to detain the thief until the cops arrive, not beat him to death.

are you saying you might be the type of person who would steal a car with children in it? I smell fear.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   
You can't say : This is justice only if i am involved.

No

You have to be willing to not just be on the sides but to be involved even if it does not involve you.

If i see 1 person beating someone else i would attack him. Why? Because i am not going to sit on the sidelines and let him kill him.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   

if someone does something wrong and you see it, don't you want to enact justice on them? See someone stealing a car? Beat him till he dies. You see a robber? Shoot him up. You see a guy beating another guy? Help and beat the sh*t out of him.

Sure, if you want it that simplistic.

Just remember though, many people here conceal carry, and if you want to wade in, be prepared for what happens.

Like the thief, actions have consequences and someone will see your actions as violent and an infringement on an individuals rights.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Sure, if you want it that simplistic.

Just remember though, many people here conceal carry, and if you want to wade in, be prepared for what happens.

Like the thief, actions have consequences and someone will see your actions as violent and an infringement on an individuals rights.

Then he will have double murder on his hands. One for the thief and one for random guy who tried to stop him from killing the first.

Then he would go in jail for sure xd

I rather die than let you kill someone else.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   
thread on ats like this are great. It truly shines a light on the type of people we are

I am sorry but if think the vigilante killing of this criminal is justified in anyway then you are not a good person imho.
I hope that true justice is served to all those who murdered the criminal.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ZeroFurrbone

*shrugs*

'Kay.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I rather die than let you kill someone else.

Jesus is that you?

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   

You're a gazelle defending the dingo who ate your baby. Your bloodline will cease to exist soon I reckon.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Technically speaking, I suppose this could qualify as a lynching.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

They might of just been wanting to tune the guy up though, might not of wanted to cause his death.

I'm wondering how law see's.. intent vs unintended consequences.
edit on 12-7-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Same thing happened in OKC 2 days ago. Guy steals car with 9mo old baby and a 4 yr old that dumbass mom left in car for 15 mins. He was tracked by her cell ph she had left in car. When he got caught and stepped out of car he had about 10 guns pointed at him. Guarantee if he would’ve so much as flinched or tried to run he would have been full of lead.

www.news9.com...

I think the guy that got killed deserved what he got, not so sorry for his bad luck. I have zero sympathy for thieves. It wasn’t that long ago when we hung horse thieves in this country. If someone stole my kids I would beat the living chit out of them too. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Justice is a word scrawled across an abutment in spray paint under urban overpasses. The concept itself is an impossibility, a phantom pain of a bygone era when it was thrown around seriously until smart people realized it can't exist outside of homogenuous societies with discrete populations and common values. Impartiality, or rather the inability of humanity to even maintain a facade of impartiality, will forever dictate that justice in little but a pipe dream and rallying cry of those too dumb to realize it can never exist in modern society.

Vengeance, however, is pure and is an inevitability rather than an impossibility. There is a reason why every living human being has a breaking point at which they will fight back and at which they will seek revenge on those who have wronged them. Society has attempted to artificially manipulate and homogenize that threshold across all people but, even with that exercise, the phantom absence of impartiality threw a monkey wrench into the concept... with special circumstances being established for protected groups to absolve them of succumbing to their lower thresholds for BS and attack.

Society presented the law and "justice" as a solution to a myriad of problems... those solutions have failed us and continue to fail us. Police used to actively patrol, protect, and serve. Those who were committing the most crimes began to whine and cry that they were also getting arrested and convicted the most, too (imagine that? Those who behaved badly the most often were also the ones seeing consequences for their bad behavior the most frequently?) so pandering began and we've witnessed law enforcement doing their jobs less and less and leaving a society which once actually did look to them for safety and order out to twist. The natural consequence of these actions and the natural consequence of the realization that justice is an impossibility was predictable. Mankind will always fall back on our instincts and our true nature and that instinct and true nature is one of survival and dominance, leading us to incidents like this one where the natural consequence of one man's choices was meted out and ensured he'll not make such a poor choice again... well, he can't make any choice again because he be dead.
No loss there, he decided his life was meaningless and I see no reason to disagree with anyone who chooses that path nor do I see any reason to take a grievance against any or all who helped shepherd him to the natural consequences of his choices.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

Just a side note. . . I have a great-great grand uncle who was hung for horse thieving.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Lynching requires premeditation. This act seems to have been instinctive and consequential based on circumstances.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I'm guessing he was a stout man to be able to carry horses.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join