It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mob Beats Carjacker To Death Who Stole Car With Three Kids In Philly

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Birds aren't mammals, for whatever that is worth.

Come on, man! Give the quint-lingual rocket science expert with the 160 IQ a break!

Can't expect him to know what my children knew in the 2nd grade...

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ZeroFurrbone

So long as you recognize that is your opinion and not fact. The fact is, we have little in the way of assessing actual intelligence in humans or animals. But we can say that animals are able to do much of what we do, including use tools for complex tasks like fishing and understanding complex puzzles like locks.

Maybe its because we call them "clever" instead of "intelligent", foolishly acting like what they do is somehow less than what we do. Which is really more of an indictment of our own ignorance, and subsquent assumptions.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I followed you lead, to show you how dumb your point was.

whoosh.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I'd like to think that regardless where you live on this planet, if some bastard took your kids in your car, any person, European, African, Asian, American, would stomp the ever-loving crap out of the scumbag who did it.

Yet here we are, all soft and cuddly, defending a vile human being.

Hell, they're defending an entire population of vile human beings.

And the irony, the ultimate irony is that the same vile human beings would not think twice about wasting the soft-hearted virtue-signalers defending them.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
As long as animals kill each other, act based on their biology and instincts and can't progress i will never consider them inteligent.

I also do not consider humans inteligent or smart either.

Which is why i don't see a point to compare animals with humans, both are equally bad.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Adoption in the animal kingdom? Pretty smart if you ask me. Better than a dumpster full of unwanted offspring, or selling them for parts. Mother nature is a bitch. Human nature is a Holocaust.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZeroFurrbone

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

false equivalence.

Show me 1 human that can fly. I mean, birds can do it, right?

Different animal, different skill set. Humans have intelligence. That is our skill. We use it to create defense, such as projectile weapons (part and parcel to being human is employing projectile weapons for defense and food).

Yet we are weaker, pound for pound, than all other animals.

So, while we are not the same....we were created in the same cauldron and tend to respond/react the same way. And doing so is what kept humans alive for the last 200k years. Its not about our talents, its about natural selection creating a psychology among animals which will protect their children. Violently if needed.

What about those birds that put their own egs in other nests so other birds to take care of them? They don't care about their own children and are not defending them.

Adoptions and abortions are both a thing in humans.

Animals are not inteligent. I will never see an animal as an inteligent being. But i see them equal in the face of law with humans. Animals should have the same rights as us humans because they are not smart enough to defend themselves against humanity.

I understand. I, too, am struggling today with seeing some things as "intelligent beings."

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Not just defending the vile excuse for a human, actually denouncing the victim!

You know (yes, redneck is about to wax philosophical, live with it) I remember the first time I saw a news story about a woman being raped and being shamed over it. I was outraged! Even at a young age, in a much less "civilized" society, I knew that was wrong to blame the victim. Today, maybe 50 years later, we live in a society that (at least says) that is no longer acceptable.

Yet, here we have people doing the same victim-blaming thing for even more heinous crimes against our very children, and claiming to be somehow more "advanced" than us poor, pitiful peasants who don't get their load of poppy-cock. If that's advanced, I'm placing myself in permanent reverse... I want no part of it.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Progress? You think humans are special or something?

Thats like a dolphin saying that as long as plastic isin the sea humans just cant be intelligent.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I know. It's one thing to tell a young girl to be aware of her situation and to understand that if she does certain things, she's putting herself at greater risk. It's another thing to tell her after a bad thing has happened that the bad thing was all her fault because she did x, y, or z.

No.

Even at risk, when someone chooses to violate you and your rights in some way, the choice was theirs and theirs alone.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Next time someone breaks into your house and steals your TV and your kids remember, the only important item taken is the TV!

What happened to

I can only discuss this incident, not a made up one.

Nothing. That poster thinks the only relevant part is the car theft, kidnapping is meaningless to them. I was merely pointing out how utterly stupid their post was.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I gotta say, that when I woke up this morning, it would have never occurred to me that anyone would defend a carjacker/child abductor and their motives.

The problem is that at this time in our history, the bad guys family will likely sue the victims and win.

We put laws on the books because things are just so wrong it's unacceptable to society that the criminals not pay a dear price. Now it's far too often all about the criminals rights and victims be damned.

When that person took that car with the children inside he made a choice and part of that choice was the possibility of being shot by law enforcement or suffering the wrath of people for whom stealing and child abduction are so far over the line, immediate justice is called for. So called for people were willing to risk jail to remove the parasite from the streets. He caused his own death.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Not to speak for anyone else, but I am not defending the criminal.

I am defending his right to trial by jury and not be murdered by an outraged mob.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Latest News And Video Clip Posted At 5:30 PM From CBS Channel 3 In Philly:

A mother and father may be charged after a carjacking in North Philadelphia. Police say the couple and a group of people beat the alleged suspect so badly on Thursday night that he later died in what people from the neighborhood called “street justice.”

Police say the sense of so-called “street justice,” however, is a problem. “I’m not a fan of street justice. I think everything should play out through us as it comes to criminal actions,” Philadelphia Police Capt. Jason Smith said.

LINK to story and video clip.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Yeah, people mistake the concern of mob violence rule for defending a law breaker.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I'm not necessarily defending the right of a mob, but I certainly do understand it and I think extenuating circumstances come into play here. The criminal is as responsible for the outcome of his crime as he is for the crime.

At most those who are involved should see no more than probation and I highly doubt their intended outcome was to kill him. If there is such a thing as a crime of passion, this fits the bill. We are all hardwired to protect children, even those not our own. Except perhaps sociopaths, the equivalent of a rogue animal.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

They pulled the suspect out, who then fled the scene on foot.

Police say the boyfriend caught up with the suspect when he and other men from the neighborhood began to punch and kick the suspect.

We can only hope that this will set a precedent for shooting or killing fleeing criminals. Other have been jailed for it.

He should be jailed, the carjacker deserved a beating and some jail time, the father went to far here and should be punished, if not we will see America resemble the Philippines, and as we can see from this thread there are few with itchy trigger fingers.
edit on 12-7-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   

In Portland the police do nothing while a man is nearly beaten to death by Antifa.

I could list countless other examples.

We've reached a point where criminals now have more rights than those they victimize.

I say it's time for more mobs.

I know it won't be popular saying this, but the rule of law has become a joke. Criminals, especially those with wealth or political connections laugh and get off. Regular citizens are punished for the most mundane things.

There is no rule of law.

Maybe the father can blame MAGA hat guys and tie a noose around his neck so he won't get in trouble.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   

And I agree. There should be a wrongful death investigation for the perp's death, an hour after he was badly beaten. It stands to reason that the father and the mob were a central cause of death. they bear direct responsibility, just as their rage, and the perp's counter-attack, if any, may well be mitigating factors in the severity of the punishments they receive.

That's a matter for the Pennsylvania legal system to sort out. I'm sure they'll follow their voters' direction.

All's I'm saying is that there is the common assumption in the public mind, that this car-jacker/kidnapper/highwayman would not have received any real punishment from the legal system.

The beating might not have been as severe, if people trusted the police and courts to get it right.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: TheRedneck

If it will make you feel better, people here kill each other just because they bumped their car. A kid got killed last year because bunch of people beat and stabbed because he didnt had a lighter.

No, it doesn't make me feel better... but as long as people there keep defending the indefensible, that's the result.

TheRedneck

The end result is that no one steals cars in broad day light in the middle of the street. Road rage is a thing, yes, but anything else is limited.

Uh, yes they do.

The end result, do a search before making ridiculous assertions.

?? I said in europa. The country i am from >.> Not usa.

It happens in places not the USA, in broad daylight, as well.

Maybe you live in the one place on earth where people don't commit a carjacking during the day, just at night it seems.
edit on 12-7-2019 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join