It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mob Beats Carjacker To Death Who Stole Car With Three Kids In Philly

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Graysen

Ok.

Totally for the sake pf argument, I imagine if you pointed and shot that would constitute intent, at least to cause grievous harm. I think it could be argued that the beating, which resulted in death had intent as well..maybe not intent of death though.
I'm not crying over the carjacker, just pondering how it plays out in court.
edit on 12-7-2019 by vonclod because: afterthought

link   
a reply to: ZeroFurrbone

How are you going to call everyone that disagrees with you on this a psychopath. I can assure you they are not. Maybe something is wrong with your thinking. We don't need people that would steal a car with children in it in our society. I'd rather have one less of that type.

link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

1) it is a stereotype for car jackers to find out the hard way there is a kid in the car AFTER they drove off..

So there is very little chance the kids were in danger..

An auto theft charge is miles before a child murder one..

I’m assuming he didn’t even get far enough to have a chance to return the kids/car.

2) they beat a car thief to death.. not a child molester/murderer..

3) with multiple attackers and only one car jacket, I will be shocked if they were not beating I’m long after he was no longer a threat..

That will absolutely get you a charge.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: DBCowboy

The reality is, in the heat of the moment there is no punishment. There is action/reaction.

It is unfortunate that this man died from a beat down. But let us not forget that this beat down would not have happened had he not kidnapped 3 kids and stole a car.

Cats, dogs, bears, birds, deer...all animals will defend their children with deadly force. Go screw with a bear cub. Mama bear won't leave you alone just because you ran away.

Natural law still has a place in our justice system. I think this is a good deployment of it.

The graduation from the animal kingdom to the human kingdom is to learn to be like humans and not animals. Yea a bear cub or lion might keep chasing you, even when the cub is no longer in danger. It does that maybe because it is an animal and doesn't have the intel to make decisions.

As a human, you essentially said, we must act like the animals. Thats what they do...
edit on 12-7-2019 by TheGreatWork because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I doubt there will be any charges. I just read that it took cops an hour. A full hour to show up.

If they wanted the guy dead he would have been. He was unconscious. No one can claim they tried to kill him.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I hope they release the dead man's back ground information. Was he in and out of prison? Had he been arrested for carjacking before or anything else?

What if it wasn't the car that he was after, but something more sinister. The sex slave trade is a real thing and so is pedophilia.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGreatWork

The graduation from the animal kingdom to the human kingdom is to learn to be like humans and not animals.

Do you mean like war and mass killings?

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: trustmeimdoctor

And you think we need regular citizens to run around executing thieves?!?!

There is no reason to think the guy was anything but a car thief..

They didn’t beat a child milestone/rapist or murder to death..

They beat a car thief to death...

And beating someone to death usually takes time and effort.. sure maybe he just took an unlucky blow, but if not...

That is a beating long after the treat was gone...

That is called murder..

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: trustmeimdoctor

How are you going to call everyone that disagrees with you on this a psychopath.

It's called the Fallacy of Opposition. Quite popular among those with little more than personally subjective morality to support their position in a debate.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZeroFurrbone

originally posted by: Graysen
First, I don’t think you can construct that the perpetrator committed kidnapping; showing intent will not be possible unless he told HIS girlfriend he was going out for a pack of cigarettes and someone else’s progeny. It amounts to unlawful detainment or whatever Pennsylvania’s version is.

Second, the dad and mob did not commit murder. Laws vary by state; but it sounds like he died LATER. So it’ll be Pennsylvania’s version of aggravated assault, or deadly conduct or whatever. But their legal counsel will argue a variation of, “ they weren’t trying to kill him—they jus wanted to ‘stop’ him—but he responded with deadly force. And my clients had never been in a fight before. They were just trying to give him a bloody nose—they had no idea that he had a very thin skull!”

Or : The thief left the car , the kids were still inside. But instead of going to see if your kids are still ok, you go and try to "stop"the thief. What to stop him from? Trying to save himself from you? He clearly did not care about the kids but isntead wanted to kill the thief. There is no reasonable exponation to leave your kids not once, but twice. And then use unreasonable force. He ran the entire way not to protect the kids but with the intention to kill. They were compeltely in their right mind.

We don’t know if the wife or a passerby had secured the children. The perp fought back, so it wasn’t a simple beat down. Again we don’t know the specifics. Again, DA would have to prove that the dad and the mob planned to specifically end his life when they confronted the perp.

As the dads lawyer, I’d argue that the dad just was overcome with the primal urge to punch him in the face; the crowd did all the killing. PROVE me wrong. I’ll wait

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZeroFurrbone

originally posted by: Graysen
First, I don’t think you can construct that the perpetrator committed kidnapping; showing intent will not be possible unless he told HIS girlfriend he was going out for a pack of cigarettes and someone else’s progeny. It amounts to unlawful detainment or whatever Pennsylvania’s version is.

Second, the dad and mob did not commit murder. Laws vary by state; but it sounds like he died LATER. So it’ll be Pennsylvania’s version of aggravated assault, or deadly conduct or whatever. But their legal counsel will argue a variation of, “ they weren’t trying to kill him—they jus wanted to ‘stop’ him—but he responded with deadly force. And my clients had never been in a fight before. They were just trying to give him a bloody nose—they had no idea that he had a very thin skull!”

Or : The thief left the car , the kids were still inside. But instead of going to see if your kids are still ok, you go and try to "stop"the thief. What to stop him from? Trying to save himself from you? He clearly did not care about the kids but isntead wanted to kill the thief. There is no reasonable exponation to leave your kids not once, but twice. And then use unreasonable force. He ran the entire way not to protect the kids but with the intention to kill. They were compeltely in their right mind.

The mother was there to see to the children while the father continued on to catch the criminal. This was not a hollywood car chase...the parents were running immediately towards him when he became caught up in traffic trying to get away.

You obviously do not have any children. Any parent Would be tackling and beating this dude to the cops arrive. Yes, even I would.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreatWork
The graduation from the animal kingdom to the human kingdom is to learn to be like humans and not animals.

But what, exactly, does this entail and who decides it is so? Nothing on God's Green Earth kills more out of vengeance, destroy more out of spite, or takes more out of greed than humanity does... sort of seems like that's just man being man, does it not?

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

Oh, yes. I do believe a person that abducts children should be executed by anyone.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

One thing we know for certain, he won't be stealing another car again. So there's that.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

And you are obviously ignore anything else i said

Just because of 1 message.

Its psychotic to hold fammily over anything else. Thats just it. I don't hold my fammily over laws neither should anyone else. If a fammily member did anything wrong you should not defend him if its clear he did it.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I'm not saying that this is a good thing.

But he definitely got what he deserved.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Here is the area in question. The red circle represents the only pizza place in the vicinity, the blue circle (based upon video presented in the newscast) represents the approximate area where it appears that the car was chased to and at which point the person who stole the care was taken out of the vehicle and then beaten:

Google Maps

This news story states that the men who helped the father were not found and that the boyfriend is indeed the children's father:

The other men who jumped in the fight were not located.

The mother’s boyfriend is the father of two of the children.

Police: Carjacker beaten to death after stealing car with small kids inside

This report identifies the car thief and states that the children were removed from the parents custody and placed with family members:

Police sources on Friday identified the man who allegedly stole the car as Eric Hood of North Philadelphia.

The father and mother stayed at the scene and were taken by police to be questioned by homicide detectives. The children, ages 7 months to 5 years, were placed with family members.

Small said detectives were checking surveillance cameras in the area to see if the events were recorded on video.

Man ID’d in fatal beating by mob after allegedly stealing car in Strawberry Mansion with 3 kids inside

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Well I guess I'm a psychopath then. If you abduct some family of mine and I have a chance I will certainly kill you.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Best post in this thread!

I have been around both humans and animals for my entire life. The least dangerous are the animals. Humans will trick you, conspire to hurt you, yes, kill you even if they think they can somehow profit from it in ways that make so sense to anyone else... like get more green paper (or ensure you don't get green paper).

The very idea of trying to place humans over animals due to some perceived morality is absolutely laughable. I'll take the morality of a rattlesnake over the morality of the average human any day.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGreatWork

Not "must".

And being human is not a "higher calling" with "higher expectations" or anything like that. We are animals. Plain and simple. Psychology takes over and crushes our illusion of civility rather quickly.

If you disagree, just wait until Mazlows pyramid crumbles around you. Your animal behaviors still will reign supreme.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join