It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China to Sanction U.S. Companies for Arms Sales to Taiwan

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Arnie123

You noticed that, too?
Yeah, basically there is not point for arguement as the user is trying to challenge us from an emotionally charged perspectives.

Best if left to their false ideals and views.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: Jay-morris

a reply to: Jay-morris

Oh give me a break. Conflict is the natural state of life and always has been. Even the natural world lives in constant conflict, with any sign of weakness immediately marking the weakened as potential prey. It's called the circle of life, accept it or become prey yourself.

No it's not! Who decides to invade another country? Who decides to go into or start a pointless war? It's not me, it's not you, it's the sociopaths that run governments. People who do not give a crap about you, or your family. All they care about is control and power, just like any sociopath.

And how do they gain control and power that gives them to do the terrible things they do? People like you. Because it's been like this since time began, you think we should not dispute it? Just go with the flow and ignore it? Ignore all the innocent men, women and children dying every year? Is it ok because these innocent men, women and children are from another country?

Sorry, but people like you is whats wrong, and why we will end up destroying everything.

Blah Blah Blah, you post nonsense.

Sorry, but you are not even worth it! You said you would not batter an eyelid if your country invaded another country for no reason, so tell me, what makes you different to the German soldiers in ww2 who blindly followed Hitler into a terrible war?

There is not difference! People like you are dangerous because you are serverly conditioned and brainwashed, to the point you do not care who your government invades. That is dangerous!

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect

Oh dear
The piece is called blood brothers, and it has nothing to do with the love of war or religon. Use some logic

Brothers? Apparently your Logic eludes me. Is there something besides a flag in front of Hitler that I do not see?

LOL!

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   

You noticed that, too?
Yeah, basically there is not point for arguement as the user is trying to challenge us from an emotionally charged perspectives.

Whatever! You are an extreme patriot! And that is dangerous!

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Wow, let me ask you this, did you feel the wind move the whispy hairs on top ya head as my point flew right over you? Did you?

Allow me to gopher ball it for you so it doesn't go over you again... your post which I was responding to contained two mutually exclusive positions... One being that the People don't matter and have no power, the other being accusations that I (an average person) and those like me are "destroying everything" and thus, must have some manner of great power in our system. Your words were muffled by your buttcheeks and I called you on it.

I wasn't suggesting YOU were ruining anything. You're not, frankly... Your position on wars and national interests simply doesn't matter, but for the sake of friendly discussion we try to let the peace at all costs crowd think they're at least given some time at the dais to spit out their little rhymes about the virtues of being a doormat to lesser nations while sitting on a stockpile of weapons and a military which could easily bring the entire rest of the world to their knees before the eastern seaboard has even finished breakfast.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   

You noticed that, too?

Whatever! You are an extreme patriot! And that is dangerous!

20 seconds in

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I added to that post. Please read it again.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Wow, let me ask you this, did you feel the wind move the whispy hairs on top ya head as my point flew right over you? Did you? 

Allow me to gopher ball it for you so it doesn't go over you again... your post which I was responding to contained two mutually exclusive positions... One being that the People don't matter and have no power, the other being accusations that I (an average person) and those like me are "destroying everything" and thus, must have some manner of great power in our system. Your words were muffled by your buttcheeks and I called you on it. 

It makes perfect sense, hence the words brainwashed and conditioned. In a sense, you have no control, but on the other hand, you are brainwashed and conditioned to the point where people cannot see passed their government, and their country, and that is dangerous. Why do you think people are brainwashed and conditioned from a young age? So their governments can get away with pretty much everything, good or bad.

When you have someone in this thread saying they would not batter an eyelid if their government illegally invaded another country, add millions of people in that same group, then it's dangerous!

The past tell you that!

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect

I added to that post. Please read it again.

I don't know. You can find my artwork, including thst piece on Saatchi and fine arts america. I do not know why the name brings up those images.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: kobalt7
a reply to: AnakinWayneII

To liken the unification of Taiwan and China to the revelation of extraterrestrial life seems excessive. Either your confident China will never be that bold or Aliens are already preparing the press conference. I feel like your either trolling or you really have no idea what your talking about.

Rather than telling me it's so impossible and that its likelihood borders on ridiculous how about you give a reason for your strong opinion, otherwise I'm left to assume you refuse to accept the inevitable nature of this situation out of fear or bravado rather than any clearly stated geopolitical agenda.

There will never be a unification of the People's Republic of China and the Republic of China. Again, "taking" Taiwan will be more hassle than it's worth.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I only have one question. Taiwan is afraid of China, who desires to conquer them. Taiwan asks the US for help. Why can't the US sell them weapons?

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AnakinWayneII

That is true today. Why do you think it will be true 20 or 30 years from now? Second question, why is it too much trouble today?
edit on 19-7-2019 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   

It makes perfect sense, hence the words brainwashed and conditioned. In a sense, you have no control, but on the other hand, you are brainwashed and conditioned to the point where people cannot see passed their government, and their country, and that is dangerous. Why do you think people are brainwashed and conditioned from a young age? So their governments can get away with pretty much everything, good or bad.

When you have someone in this thread saying they would not batter an eyelid if their government illegally invaded another country, add millions of people in that same group, then it's dangerous!

The past tell you that!

Uh, well, what you say would have merit if not for the fact that I despised the government we had from 2008 to 2016, railed against Bush half-assing the second Gulf War, and tend to hold a position that this country hasn't fought a war to actually win a war since World War 2. WTF is brainwashing me? The US "illegally invading" another country doesn't bother me because we're the USA and we can do what we want to do until someone steps up and actually proves they can stop us, simple as that. Has anyone done so? News to me if they have. My position here isn't from some thought of "Oh, gotta support dear leader's military adventures" it's pragmatic "the world sits at the interest of the most powerful player in the game... until that player is knocked off, the rest of the table may as well accept that fact." It is why I recoil at any American policy not directly geared towards maintianing or increasing US authority and advantages over every other global entity... globalism and global equity efforts do nothing but speed America towards a self imposed future where some other global player can knock us off the top of the mountain, and I see zero reason to support that as an American.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I only have one question. Taiwan is afraid of China, who desires to conquer them. Taiwan asks the US for help. Why can't the US sell them weapons?

And where is your evidence that China will do that? I mean real evidence? If China invades Taiwan, then their downfall will be huge, and I will have no sympathy for their government. But I do not think it will happen, unless China has a deathwish.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   

The US "illegally invading" another country doesn't bother me because we're the USA and we can do what we want to do until someone steps up and actually proves they can stop us, simple as that.

I remember Germany saying and doing the same thing, and that led to the deaths of millions of people. You hold that same ideology, hence the reason why it is dangerous. And the worrying thing, is many people hold that same extreme ideology.

I find most people who hold these views have never left their own country. They are in this extreme patriotic bubble. It's a shame that people do not learn, and this is the reason we eill always have conflicts, wars, and governments doing terrible things because they have a tight control over the people of their country, to the point that they can do terrible things, and these people will not batter an eyelid.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   

China says as much.

China will not rule out reclaiming Taiwan using military force, Xi Jinping has warned

www.news.com.au... /f52d4e30aa4b6e7f18b5fd3763ac0b21

Now how about you answer the actual question.

Taiwan asks the US for help. Why can't the US sell them weapons?

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

China says as much.

China will not rule out reclaiming Taiwan using military force, Xi Jinping has warned

www.news.com.au... /f52d4e30aa4b6e7f18b5fd3763ac0b21

Now how about you answer the actual question.

Taiwan asks the US for help. Why can't the US sell them weapons?

Firstly, your link does not work. I had a feeling the only evidence you would use was the statement by
Xi Jinping. Sorry to say this, but that is not evidence. Leaders saying stupid stuff all the time. Remember north Korea and their empty threats against the west?

As for your question. When did I say it was wrong that American sell them arms? I never said that, and that is not part of my argument.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   

I remember Germany saying and doing the same thing, and that led to the deaths of millions of people.

You're quite old.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I remember Germany saying and doing the same thing, and that led to the deaths of millions of people.

You're quite old.

No, not quite. Would be better if you could counter my arguments instead of ignoring them.

But it still stands what I said. What the difference between you, and the people behind Hitler. They fought for him, they were willing to invade any country necessary to achieve their goal. They were eill to die for the cause. They were willing to murder innocent people to reach that goal.

So, what's the difference in thought between them and you?

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   

How many nations has the United States annexed, again?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join